Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

First impressions, you only get one Bioware.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
First impressions, you only get one Bioware.

MantisPR
12.13.2011 , 02:04 PM | #161
Good Early Game Access system...even better they started 2 days earlier as a bonus!
A lot of people will be playing this on the 20th, the games true release date.
Good impression, hope other MMO's use this system.

11.15.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order
Yeah I'm not in yet. Hope maybe by friday night I can open my email a see the Red Ryder BB Gun with a compass in the stock!

Acherom
12.13.2011 , 02:04 PM | #162
Quote: Originally Posted by Hellbrass View Post
I'll let you know my first impression of TOR's launch on the 20th, when it actually launches. My first impression of the Early Access period however is that i don't envy Bioware for having to put up with so many people with entitlement issues.
Good to see there are a few reasonable people left around here. +1 (if I could) and good hunting sir.
"These people have lost a homeworld through no fault of their own. Offering them a new homeworld is the least I can do to compensate them for their loss." - Darth Sidious

CorranTyev
12.13.2011 , 02:04 PM | #163
Quote: Originally Posted by shottgun View Post
How is your first impression of the game and launch? There seems to be alot of disgruntled players on the boards today because of speculation.
Best launch ever. And it is even helping me get an early start on ignoring all the 12 years olds/people who act like they are 12.
INDIGNATION
Republic || Hardcore PvP || Casual PvE || Mature || US West

[Website] [Recruitment Thread] [Apply]

Beatmiser
12.13.2011 , 02:07 PM | #164
My first impression:

Woke up early to the sound of my and my fiancee's phones pinging new mail- EGA From Bioware.
We jumped out of bed excited.
She turned on our machines while I made coffee.
30 seconds of patching.
Launched and logged in.
Played until we had to get ready to go to work.

I suspect we'll be suctioned to the game when we get home tonight.

Smooth sailing. Auto added to our guild. No lag.

Yep. My first impression was overwhelmingly positive. I'd buy the Bioware crew beers tonight if I could.
.::vale | operative .::. dare | commando::.
..::ajunta pall | rp-pvp::..
|beta veteran .::. 1020th&367th|

TheHauntingBard
12.13.2011 , 02:08 PM | #165
My first expression.

- Lack of communication .
- Poor handling of the community.
- Small waves, you expect them to get all people in with in 2 days.
- No clarification about different regions and invites

In my book this is a failure.
Stephen Reid - 9:02a.m. - January 11th 2012 - because in reality, there was never supposed to be a 'Medium' choice - that was a bug.

SithInitiate
12.13.2011 , 02:19 PM | #166
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
The game hasn't launched yet, what don't you people understand?
Stop calling it a launch fail, it makes you look ignorant.

And people are QQ'ing about the 2 BONUS days of early access? Get a life.
bioware seems to have disagreed with you..

This is a big day for us; we are launching Star Wars™: The Old Republic™, BioWare’s largest and most ambitious project to date, and we’re very proud that you’ve been able to join us. It’s an honor to be able to share this game with you.

http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-st...s-old-republic

i do agree that the complaints regarding EGA are unwarranted (with the exception of the grace period fiasco)... the info regarding staggered access has been there FROM DAY ONE.

however, this is launch day.. make no mistake about that.
McSidious: Gotta go with uno pistola for myself. Remember that Han Solo saved Lando, killed Boba Fett and escaped the sarlaac with only one pistol... and he was BLIND. Give a smuggler two pistols and eyesight and I'm fairly certain they would solo the Death Star while hitting on your sister and balancing the federal budget.. CE VIP

nraga
12.13.2011 , 02:22 PM | #167
My first impression: This game will be probably be a lot more fun if I ignore the forums. What a bunch of entitled little cry-babies a lot of you are.

Babies.

Sithstalkerr
12.13.2011 , 02:23 PM | #168
I didn't get it but I'm not complaining. I'll just wait for tomorrow. I think they did a good job playing it safe with handling the server loads. Better that some people get to play without lag and crashes then all of us not playing or barely playing because of long queue's, lag and server crashes. If they let everyone in today like some people were hoping, than the result of that would not have been good for anyone hoping to have a good first day playing experience.

Krionic
12.13.2011 , 02:25 PM | #169
Quote: Originally Posted by Zevek View Post
The least bioware could have done was to tell us when we were going to get in. I know a lot of people who got up early and took off of work to play... and well, they dont even know when they will be able to start playing lol.

This launch is fail.
So it is a fail because some of your friends took time off from work to play a game they KNEW they may not be able to play today... or tomorrow... or even the next. Sounds like someone's priorities and planning are fail, not the game launch. I'm not in but it sounds like to me it is going just as promised and planned. But thats just me.