Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I'd rate this launch a 10...

GratuaCuun
12.13.2011 , 02:16 PM | #11
I pre-ordered in august... and then I took a javelin to the knee and decided not to care when I get in

at least the servers aren't crashing every twenty minutes like WoW and STO... and we won't even go into DCUO which wouldn't even LAUNCH the biggest problem WE'VE got is enough people aren't getting the email they want
People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an exercise of power are barbarians - George Lucas in 1988... Ironic, is it not?

HazardOOI
12.13.2011 , 02:16 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Nexish View Post
What would everyone else rate it?
I would rate this a perfect 100 out of 100, and I didn't get in!

Gomla
12.13.2011 , 02:18 PM | #13
All I know for sure is they are taking it incredibly slowly.

But aside from that i've only been in 1 launch before this that went well, while letting all early access folks in at the same time.

Even if some of the servers had queues.

Say what you like about the game, Rift had a decent launch ..... and 2 headed turtles ..... damn but my turtle mount was fugly.

Every other launch i've been in has been a nightmare though ..... especially WAR, damn you WAR. Waited years for a Warhammer MMO and you took a dump on my dreams like they were floating in your toilet.....

Wait, what?

People from WAR are working on THIS launch?

Oh damn ..... WHY GOD ..... WHYYYYYYYY.

Daeada
12.13.2011 , 02:18 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SeanusT View Post
You mean three months before launch? That's a pretty fair thing to expect.
Not when the game probably has 1.5 to 2 million preorders, and it wouldnt be stretching it to say that around 33-4o% of those were during the first week...

They are staggering Early access over 7 days for a reason, you know.

covermeporkns
12.13.2011 , 02:20 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by SeanusT View Post
You mean three months before launch? That's a pretty fair thing to expect.
according to the data it is not. According to some sources this was the most pre-ordered game in EA's history. Also many of the servers are currently listed at "high" or "full" capacity right now and as posted above the June pre-orders are not even in yet (though this may be different now that today's final batch has been released). So it's not like there are a vast amount of open slots to be filled.
side note: this is starting earlier than the "5 days" that they have been promoting so I think people will get in at a reasonable point in time.
SERENITY WITHIN
CASUAL-MODERATE|US EAST|TIGHT KNIT
“I know that hard work got me here. And the day I stop working hard, this can all go away.” – Kevin Durant

AkilZodiac
12.13.2011 , 02:20 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by HazardOOI View Post
I would rate this a perfect 100 out of 100, and I didn't get in!
Perfect?

Suck up.
DecemberCrew

We could pre-order in July? Whatever.

Notannos
12.13.2011 , 02:23 PM | #17
Greetings!

We understand you have comments and concerns regarding the launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. To help keep the forums organized please follow the discussion found in this Early Access 'Waves' thread. Thank you!