Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is there a secret housing project?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion

Planar
05.13.2013 , 12:36 PM | #41
If they add player housing I pray they make it its own planet with a way to avoid going there as after SWG, AO and UOs housing I realized something, they were all nothing but big BANKS or show off zones and I could careless. I also don't want to see personal vendors show up all over, the time I must have wasted in UO and SWG stopping at every freaking player vendor was probably more than I played the game, so please keep that madness out of SWTOR.

SamuraBob_Fl
05.13.2013 , 12:37 PM | #42
Trust me, you don't want to live in the housing project.
...they'd never come to see me in this dive, where bikers stare at cowboys, who are laughing at the hippies, who are praying they'll get out of here alive...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bplt6CQ3MyE

Darth_Moonshadow
05.13.2013 , 12:41 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by NemesisVision View Post
Here's how I see it -

The people opposed to Player Housing are really saying they're not going to spend money on this feature.

The people in support of Player Housing are really saying they would love to spend money on this feature.

Whose opinion do you think will carry more weight with EA/BW?
Yeah, but Bioware's been down that road before with Cathar. "Oh we'll pay good money to play a new race! We promise! Oh please please please please pleeeeeease!"

And what happened next?

"WHAT? YOU EXPECT ME TO PAY FOR A NEW SPECIES? I SHOULD BE GETTING IT FOR FREE BECAUSE I HAD A SUB AT SOME POINT IN TIME! YOU'RE JUST GREEDY BASTARDS AND I WON'T PAY A SINGLE DAMN CENT TO YOU FASCISTS!"

If Bioware is smart (and we know that they are), they're not putting in any feature without absolute certain that you will pay for it without any doubt. That's why they banking on the Cathar sales as indication for new races. If you want to play as a Torgruta or Mon Calamari or anything, you'll HAVE to buy a Cathar. So my guess is they will continue with ship customization at the cost of CC. Which you WILL buy if you want even one sliver of hope for housing.

Bioware plays to win. Accept it.
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post

And I love Darth Moonshadow's responses.
B

Machine-Elf
05.13.2013 , 12:42 PM | #44
Yes. It's called SSSP.

Kameki
05.13.2013 , 01:06 PM | #45
I personally dont feel an apartment style housing system fits this game very well. I already spend a lot of time on my ship, so I wouldnt mind more ship/space content.
Suiko 推古 Legacy
掃仔 Souzai - Human Mercenary
小仔 Hungzai - Human Sith Juggernaught
夜仔 Yezai - Human Sith Assassin

AsheraII
05.13.2013 , 06:10 PM | #46
Quote: Originally Posted by SithKoriandr View Post
Hey! My Bounty Hunter stole hers

But that's also where I get the impression the star ships are the houses, as it says as much in the BH storyline.
Actually, the droid said "your home away from home". So where's the home that you're away from? That's the housing we're asking for.
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/

jscott
05.13.2013 , 06:16 PM | #47
What I think would be nice is if they (EAware) gave us the SSSP and added in something like a dockable small spaceport in space that we could live in and customize and gave us different ships to customize both internally and externally.

A guy can dream though right?...