Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Stunball and roots! 30m from goal and rooted for over a minute

Asvarduil
05.12.2013 , 05:40 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by Resiel View Post
Im kiddiing, who cares its not like you came close to dying you didnt fall below 50% hps.....despite them knocking you down 3 times and focusing you for an entire minute.....
Liek, o nose! This is pruf dat h3aling is OP! Quickly call Congress, we need to nerf healers and tanks NAO! To further balance the game, Operatives need an additional stun, and Snipers should be able to call in a combat helicopter that they can get in and fly all over the battleground.

In all seriousness, this is pretty typical in Huttball. Where you got lucky was having tanks and heals close at hand to help you survive.
Most epic PvP forum thread ever. | Tales of the Healer - Latest Episode! [08/30/2013]

Captain Kruhnch (Lv.39 Sawbones) - Shadowlands
Cuddlemuffin (Lv.16 Mercenary) - Shadowlands

PoliteAssasin
05.12.2013 , 07:05 PM | #82
Quote: Originally Posted by Asvarduil View Post
Liek, o nose! This is pruf dat h3aling is OP! Quickly call Congress, we need to nerf healers and tanks NAO! To further balance the game, Operatives need an additional stun, and Snipers should be able to call in a combat helicopter that they can get in and fly all over the battleground.

In all seriousness, this is pretty typical in Huttball. Where you got lucky was having tanks and heals close at hand to help you survive.
Huh? I don't get how you people are going from one irrelevant topic to another.
Manager of Basic Skills For A Better Society. We hand out <basic skill stim>s in PVP to those in need. A donation of 1000 credits can help maintain the basic skills of 10 players for a day. Thousands of Republic PVPers are in dire need of these stims. Head to your local Pub Fleet and donate now!

J_Fred
05.13.2013 , 07:27 AM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by AdrianDmitruk View Post
..and, for the ultimate controversy, the fact that Myrmio had ME guarded even though he was ballcarrying. Though conventional wisdom is that ballcarriers should never guard, that guard would have allowed me to stay on Myrm that much longer if it came to that. I also had Recklessness and Polarity Shift up and available to help counter any extra damage he would have taken through guard. In a situation where a ballcarrier knows and trusts his healer to stay on him even when the healer starts going down, guarding the healer can give him that much more time to keep the ballcarrier up. But it is a highly situational call, one that requires a lot of trust between healer and tank, and probably not all that wise in pugs.
There are only two reasons I will guard a healer in huttball. One being like you said, the trust factor. Another is the rule of two. You guys will almost always be under attack in the warzone, and so long as you have my guard while your attacked I am getting a speed buff. If there isn't a healer that I trust in the warzone then that guard will most likely go on a merc or a melee dps so I can still get my speed buff.
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

iDraxter
05.13.2013 , 07:56 AM | #84
you are the kind of player I hate the most in huttball, "the hero", the type of guy that does not even bother to keybind Throw the ball, cuz why would you right? In that video you had multiple chances to pass to the 2 teammates sitting on the spawn edge with 0 enemies next to them cuz they we re all in the pit beating on you. Your clearly showing how you(a tank) + 2 healers faceroll 8 enemies that cannot get the ball from you and u dare complain about stuns and roots?
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

cycao
05.13.2013 , 08:02 AM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by iDraxter View Post
you are the kind of player I hate the most in huttball, "the hero", the type of guy that does not even bother to keybind Throw the ball, cuz why would you right? In that video you had multiple chances to pass to the 2 teammates sitting on the spawn edge with 0 enemies next to them cuz they we re all in the pit beating on you. Your clearly showing how you(a tank) + 2 healers faceroll 8 enemies that cannot get the ball from you and u dare complain about stuns and roots?
I have passed in situations like that, its risky business. You risk getting it intercepted by a jumper or having one of them yanked down and blown up because they don't have the tools a tank has to stay alive.

iDraxter
05.13.2013 , 08:10 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao View Post
I have passed in situations like that, its risky business. You risk getting it intercepted by a jumper or having one of them yanked down and blown up because they don't have the tools a tank has to stay alive.
all the melee were hitting on him down in the pit while 2 allies waited for pass with no enemies next to them I would`ve passed and aoe mezzed them all.
Firebat: Need a light?
It`s your money-but if I have spent as much time killing Jedi instead of your own kind...you might be winning this war

J_Fred
05.13.2013 , 09:15 PM | #87
you are the kind of player I hate the most in huttball, "the hero", the type of guy that does not even bother to keybind Throw the ball?
lmao check the vid again, i have pass keybinded to either "c" or "v"
The only "heros" are the dps who try to walk the ball when a tank is in the game. What ends up happening is something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjTpEQWyCjM

Don't expect me to apologize for fulfilling my role in warzones, which is to tank things

all the melee were hitting on him down in the pit while 2 allies waited for pass with no enemies next to them I would`ve passed and aoe mezzed them all.
who is being the hero now?
Referral Link for Free Server Transfer, 7 Days of Subscription, and more

AdrianDmitruk
05.13.2013 , 09:51 PM | #88
Quote: Originally Posted by J_Fred View Post
lmao check the vid again, i have pass keybinded to either "c" or "v"
The only "heros" are the dps who try to walk the ball when a tank is in the game. What ends up happening is something like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjTpEQWyCjM

Don't expect me to apologize for fulfilling my role in warzones, which is to tank things

who is being the hero now?
This made me LOL
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show

funkiestj
05.13.2013 , 10:11 PM | #89
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Honestly the opposing team must have extremely good coordination to do their pulls/push/KBs/roots at exactly the right time. This isn't something that just happens by accident. It's really just good defense and if they stopped you, you should look at that and say 'that's how we should play defense too', instead of whining about how Resolve doesn't work.

This also illustrates one of the common pitfalls in Huttball. People tend to try to focus on the ball carrier but if you got 2 healers behind you, plus whoever else that can possibly heal, it's extremely hard to take out the ball carrier. Even when the ball is very close to endzone, you usually still have to attack the healer. You don't necessarily have to be able to kill them, but you got to make them start healing themselves first because it's very hard to burn down a tanky class that's guarded with 2+ healers on him.
+1. Also, friendly pull? I hear that works even with a white bar and being rooted. Can roots and snares be cleansed?

EDIT: I commend OP for starting off the discussion with a video!

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

AdrianDmitruk
05.13.2013 , 11:20 PM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
+1. Also, friendly pull? I hear that works even with a white bar and being rooted. Can roots and snares be cleansed?

EDIT: I commend OP for starting off the discussion with a video!
Well...as for being the one friendly pull AND also being the only healer the tank had voice comms with, I had to make a Triage Decision.

Do I 1) spend time getting into position for a pull, or 2) jump down and keep Myrm up in the pit while another teammate positions for intercede/Myrm waits for a leap?

I started off FAR behind Myrm because I was doing knockbacks on D when the ball got spiked and Myrm picked it up.

We agreed on 2. Though I could've thrown assorted bubbles doing 1, it's a bit more iffy if the tank needs sustained healing, and often by the time I can cross 2 firepits for the pull, the ballcarrier picks about that moment to die.
Adrian-Defense Guardian | Kerrik-Vigilance Guardian | Matari-Scoundrel Healer | Treston-Pyromaniac Vanguard | Eamen-Sage Healer
Kendrew-Op Healer | Andreus-Sorc Healer | Matarion-Juggernaut Smasher
The Makaryk Legacy of Healing to Full - Begeren Colony
The Heal to Full and Make Them Pay Show