Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please fix base NPCs

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Please fix base NPCs

WEIRDLITTLEBRO
05.13.2013 , 07:39 AM | #1
There's been a number of instances in the past few days alone of imperial ops groups spawn-camping Outpost Salara and Thorazan on The Ebon Hawk. In the case of outpost Salara, they are able to climb on-top of the building overlooking the medical droid where the Salara NPCs won't reach them. In the case of Thorazan, the NPC guards are so weak (a mix of lvl 27 strongs and lvl 50 elites) that an ops team can just punch right into the base and camp the medical droid and speeder.

This is just what I've experienced myself. There may be imperial bases in the game with similar problems. I'm a fan of world PvP so I'm not saying factional bases should be completely impossible for a well equipped and well organized team to fight their way into. But the way it usually works is that when one side gets pushed back to their closest outpost, the NPCs allow the defenders to effectively counter-attack and push the other faction to their own base and the process repeats. That kind of tug-of-war pvp is a whole lot of fun IMO, but the ability for one faction to just spawn-camp another and the base NPCs don't make a dent, it just gets borring. It would be great if Bioware can give a much needed boost to the defending NPCs at Salara and Thorazan, as well as other bases that may need it, so that they can at least make a difference against level 55 players.

Like I said, I've only seen Outpost Salara and Thorazan on Tatooine. Has anyone else noticed underpowered defenses? Doesn't matter what planet or faction. Maybe we can come up with a list of locations that need a guard-npc upgrade.
^v^v^ <Galactic Fifth Column> ^v^v^
Republic and Empire both call us "terrorists." That's nerfdrek. Terrorists target the innocent. We're fighting to save them.
Founded March 9, 2011 | Story-Driven PvX Guild | The Ebon Hawk
Guild Website | Accepting Applications | Guild Trailer

scraycroft
05.13.2013 , 09:42 AM | #2
Call in some 55's.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

WEIRDLITTLEBRO
05.14.2013 , 10:03 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by scraycroft View Post
Call in some 55's.
In the incident I was talking about, I was one of the 55's that was called in.
^v^v^ <Galactic Fifth Column> ^v^v^
Republic and Empire both call us "terrorists." That's nerfdrek. Terrorists target the innocent. We're fighting to save them.
Founded March 9, 2011 | Story-Driven PvX Guild | The Ebon Hawk
Guild Website | Accepting Applications | Guild Trailer