Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

When will you address Operative stun?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
When will you address Operative stun?

tacito
05.12.2013 , 06:32 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Dawginole View Post
LOL at all the "l2p" noobs.

The game is paper, rock, scissors right now. Operative is the rock to Sentinels scissors. If an Op comes out of stealth and knocks me down and has taken 50% of my life by the time I stand up at which point the Op does the back stab stun and then proceeds to knock the other 50% off and I'm dead, EXACTLY WHAT WAS I SUPPOSED TO DO IN YOUR LEARN TO PLAY SCENARIO?

Of course you're going to say stun break. But the other 15 noobs in this thread already stated that you don't stun break until your resolve bar is full.

i.e. All of you saying this doesn't happen are full of crap.
You stand up after 1.5 seconds. At this point, the op has applied one Hidden Strike and one Acid Blade to you. If that amounts to 50% of your health, the problem isn't the operative. In that case, the problem is you running around with 18k HP in a warzone.

ODTONE
05.12.2013 , 08:48 AM | #32
to you guys saying use stun break, l2p yourselves and post something
that just doesnt insult the original poster !
l2p without stuning like crazy and lagging the hell out of the player to be able
to actually get a kill!
You might think youre amazing but actually youre just lagging and stunning the hell out of someone and stack alacrity crap..
bla bla if you are so god darn smart,
you should at least remember the stun break has 2 a minute cooldown...
how many stuns or ccs do you actually get to break in a full pvp match .. 2-3
you get stuned about everytime your resolve bar is down almost..
do your math smart l2p troll
stuns need to go point from pvp .. worst thing to add in pvp ever.
im in there to pvp not stand there and watch some losers slap around people who cant do anything
with some cheapo stuns
the proper moment you should use your stun breaker isnt some cloaker player being a pain,
its when you get stuned defending and there trying to cloak cap,you guys talk as if these are duels?

Luckeyduckey
05.12.2013 , 08:55 AM | #33
Just nerf operatives and be done with it. This QQ gets so annoying. And, honestly? Assassin has way more burst from stuns.
Expl°it
ěnslaught
Eradicate

HandOfKane
05.13.2013 , 06:49 AM | #34
Their sleep darts need a CD, but that's pretty much it. Everything else is more related to the state of CC in this game in general.

Ybini
05.13.2013 , 07:22 AM | #35
2 vs 1 isn't going to turn out good for you usually. Its not a l2p, its the way it is.

scraycroft
05.13.2013 , 10:29 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by ODTONE View Post
to you guys saying use stun break, l2p yourselves and post something
that just doesnt insult the original poster !
l2p without stuning like crazy and lagging the hell out of the player to be able
to actually get a kill!
You might think youre amazing but actually youre just lagging and stunning the hell out of someone and stack alacrity crap..
bla bla if you are so god darn smart,
you should at least remember the stun break has 2 a minute cooldown...
how many stuns or ccs do you actually get to break in a full pvp match .. 2-3
you get stuned about everytime your resolve bar is down almost..
do your math smart l2p troll
stuns need to go point from pvp .. worst thing to add in pvp ever.
im in there to pvp not stand there and watch some losers slap around people who cant do anything
with some cheapo stuns
the proper moment you should use your stun breaker isnt some cloaker player being a pain,
its when you get stuned defending and there trying to cloak cap,you guys talk as if these are duels?
Learn some proper sentence structure ffs.

Then L2P.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

RyanReagan
05.13.2013 , 10:48 AM | #37
It ain't the stuns, it's all the damage. They seriously need to nerf operative damage. I mean, seriously. Do they really need all that armor penetration. I'd much rather see them have an auto-crit. Get rid of the armor pen and give them an auto-crit!!!

Acid Blade -> Hidden Strike
Explosive Probe
Debilitate
Shiv
Acid Blade -> Back Stab
Lacerate + Collateral Damage
Force Cloak -> Hidden Strike

(u dead)
C.K. <Infinite Darkness> S.N. <Infinite Darkness> K.R. <Infinite Darkness> C.K.▓ <Infinite Darkness>

tacito
05.13.2013 , 11:06 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by RyanReagan View Post
It ain't the stuns, it's all the damage. They seriously need to nerf operative damage. I mean, seriously. Do they really need all that armor penetration. I'd much rather see them have an auto-crit. Get rid of the armor pen and give them an auto-crit!!!

Explosive Probe
Debilitate
Shiv
Acid Blade -> Back Stab

(u dead)
Yup, you can probably kill someone with that. And it only took you about 11 seconds of undisturbed 1on1 time with your enemy, who didn't fight back AT ALL. Also, you blew a 30 second and a 90 second cooldown in the process, oh, and you're out of energy.

Oh, and the target is only stunned for half that time. If the CC breaker is ready, it's actually just 1.5 seconds. Sooo... if you're alone and run into an operative, while all of your CDs are blown and all of his are ready, things look a bit grim. More news at 5.

scraycroft
05.13.2013 , 11:12 AM | #39

Explosive Probe
Debilitate
Shiv
Acid Blade -> Back Stab

(u dead)
How exactly do you fit 11 GCD's in 1 stunlock?
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

Keyran-Halcyon
05.13.2013 , 11:19 AM | #40
Do they really need all that armor penetration. )
All that armor penetration???

You mean the 30% armor penetration we get from flechette round? That we can only apply when using Shoot first or back blast? You do realize that smashers get a 30% armor penetration talent that isn't a debuff like ours is, but a blanket armor penetration to all abilities while in shi chi form.

To the OP and all the QQ; learn when to use your CC breaker, don't just use it whenever its off CD and you get stunned. Don't blow all your defensive CD's in the first 10 seconds of a fight, save some of them for later. Also, if you are alone and running around away from your group, expect to get jumped. Learn how to counter a class rather than just come to the forums crying
<Art Supplies>
Captain Hűng S˘lo & Master Teh-Hauss