Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cross faction chat should be enabled in WZ

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Cross faction chat should be enabled in WZ

Astarica
05.13.2013 , 12:29 AM | #1
Today I was in another PUG game in Huttball. One guy said to control middle, and then our team proceeded to die like gimps and the dead cannot control middle. So of course the guy started yelling at everyone for being bads. But I'm not here to assign blame. I realized the source of all problems is that we cannot communicate to the other side. Imagine if we can talk to the other side, we can demand what exactly do they think they are doing by killing our brave allies in the middle? After all we said our strat is to control middle. They should be aware this is our strat and not be jerks and get in the way.

Imagine when your node gets stealth capped, instead of figuring out whether it's the node defender's fault or the rest of team's fault for not rotating or simply have the wrong defender in the first place, we can simply demand the other team to stop doing this cheap stun-so-I-cannot-call-inc business. Better yet, they should let us know when they're about to attack a node since they obviously know that better than anyone, so we wouldn't have to worry about things like situational awareness. When we decide to split 4/4 in Voidstar and get overpowered as the enemy put all 8 guys in one door, again rather than questioning our own team, we should demand the other team to send 4/4 to each door too, because how dare they do something our (bad) strat didn't account for?

Heck, if anything, that'd at least get the guy yelling at my team to yell at the opposite team instead. Okay, he probably won't, but one can hope.

JouerTue
05.13.2013 , 01:34 AM | #2
can you imagine the rant and the charges of cheating and being bad?

mrekxxx
05.13.2013 , 01:42 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
Today I was in another PUG game in Huttball. One guy said to control middle, and then our team proceeded to die like gimps and the dead cannot control middle. So of course the guy started yelling at everyone for being bads. But I'm not here to assign blame. I realized the source of all problems is that we cannot communicate to the other side. Imagine if we can talk to the other side, we can demand what exactly do they think they are doing by killing our brave allies in the middle? After all we said our strat is to control middle. They should be aware this is our strat and not be jerks and get in the way.

Imagine when your node gets stealth capped, instead of figuring out whether it's the node defender's fault or the rest of team's fault for not rotating or simply have the wrong defender in the first place, we can simply demand the other team to stop doing this cheap stun-so-I-cannot-call-inc business. Better yet, they should let us know when they're about to attack a node since they obviously know that better than anyone, so we wouldn't have to worry about things like situational awareness. When we decide to split 4/4 in Voidstar and get overpowered as the enemy put all 8 guys in one door, again rather than questioning our own team, we should demand the other team to send 4/4 to each door too, because how dare they do something our (bad) strat didn't account for?

Heck, if anything, that'd at least get the guy yelling at my team to yell at the opposite team instead. Okay, he probably won't, but one can hope.
lol you are not normal imao ... they might also disable /say command in wzs to avoid stupid infantile trash talk... this is not retarded facebook, this is a videogame ....

Paitryn
05.13.2013 , 03:15 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by mrekxxx View Post
lol you are not normal imao ... they might also disable /say command in wzs to avoid stupid infantile trash talk... this is not retarded facebook, this is a videogame ....
yeah so far /say only amounts to the otherside talking trash the whole game. its annoying. I used to think cross faction chat would be good until recently.

Glower
05.13.2013 , 03:22 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Paitryn View Post
yeah so far /say only amounts to the otherside talking trash the whole game. its annoying. I used to think cross faction chat would be good until recently.
Why so seri...
Oh wait! You can always disable /say and /emote channels for new pvp-only tab. This is not so hard!
SWTOR goes F2P: http://i.imgur.com/1962X.jpg; Dec 2016, livestream: "RNG is exciting"
A: "They’d love to do that at some point, but technically very challenging and unlikely to happen in the near future." (c)
PvP FAQ, A: "We have no plans at this time" (c)

Cretinus
05.13.2013 , 04:08 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post

A long ironical text should have a surprising punch line. This one hasn't. It would have been better to make it short.

Jayshames
05.13.2013 , 06:45 AM | #7
3/10, troll was too obvious though.

cashogy_reborn
05.13.2013 , 09:25 AM | #8
obvious troll is obvious. but cross faction chat being excluded from the game is a mistake imo
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads