Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

PvP 101: How To Become A Contender!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
PvP 101: How To Become A Contender!

AlrikFassbauer
03.25.2013 , 10:09 AM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunez View Post
Your goal from level 11-49 is primarily to learn how to navigate the maps and how to successfully complete game-winning mission objectives.
Should be corrected into :

Your goal from level 11-49 is primarily to learn how to navigate the maps and how to successfully complete game-winning mission objectives and be overrun.

galadimana
03.26.2013 , 11:32 AM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by smajere View Post
Wow.. just wow. You "need" to fail? It's not possible that someone who is a skilled player, veteran pvper from other MMOs should have any chance for success until they waste hundreds of hours to get geared max?

Also, where is the prestige in SWtOR pvp? Being in a winning Rep warzone or being one of the thousands of winning Imperial warzones where they don't have to try because the Republic have learned not to?

I would *love* to see you take the time you spent writing this guide on a write up of the things Bioware have done wrong with warzone class balancing. That would have been time well spent -- not "you need to fail over and over in order to suceed". That's just tripe.
"This is not the thread you're looking for. You can go about your business. Move along."

If you don't want a guide for people new to pvp, why did you read this? This is actually good info for people not 'expert' (ahem) in other MMO PVP. And please, tell us all what better things we can do with our time, in order to better serve YOU.

Side note: One nearly always learns more from failure than from success. You will find that 'losing' does not make one a 'loser'. If you learn why these 2 things are important, you may go far.
Shadowlands Server. Mellow Company guild.
City of Heroes was my only other MMO. RIP, thanks to corporate stupidity.
Maybe we can build a COMMUNITY on the forums and in the game.

LadyKohastFel
04.02.2013 , 09:22 AM | #143
you will also find PvP'ers with good gear who are willing to help you gather gear, or more importantly, join you in some Warzones to team up against your enemies.
Good luck finding one with a vocabulary that extends further than "L2P Nubtard" and various other insults.
All the PvPers I have asked for help have been less than forthcoming with advice and some actually gave me deliberately bad advice. (possibly so I would be an easier target in future.)
Remember Antaria, Naboo, Starsider Server.

danielearley
04.09.2013 , 08:05 AM | #144
it would seem you only have to go Naked now!!!!

funkiestj
04.09.2013 , 12:05 PM | #145
Quote: Originally Posted by danielearley View Post
it would seem you only have to go Naked now!!!!
  • going commando == win
  • rolling commando == fail

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

DarkPharohEclip
04.12.2013 , 03:56 PM | #146
Take off all your clothes!

LadyKohastFel
04.18.2013 , 06:37 PM | #147
This guide is outdated now and needs to be updated or unpinned.
Remember Antaria, Naboo, Starsider Server.

Bisslossk
04.28.2013 , 01:40 AM | #148
Do i have to collect PvE items to be competive in PvP now?

chriscruiz
05.06.2013 , 02:54 PM | #149
How to become a contender!

1. Exploit Bolster
2. Reroll a healer

Lunez
05.09.2013 , 11:29 PM | #150
Hey folks, I've been away from the game a long while but now I'm back! I must admit that I'm a bit taken back by all the jerk bags that have commented on this thread for no other reason than to troll some lame out dated comment about how cool they are but then again, this is the internet, lol.

That said, a lot has changed since last I played and much of the original thread is no longer valid. I'm writing to you all that a rehaul is coming and a brand new pvp guide is on the way. Ignore the haters and look out for the next edition of How to Become a Contender coming soon!