Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Ridiculous healing for level 55 flashpoints

MasterKraken
05.06.2013 , 05:57 PM | #81
Quote: Originally Posted by AshlaBoga View Post
Dread Guard can handle the new flashpoints just fine (rating 150). Someone in full DG won't have a gear problem with any of the new HM FPs.
not at all i have to upgrade my assassin tank to basic gear (R 156) to be at least up to the FP lvl 55. And again, DG gear? who uses that? people are going from makeb and their low gear to try these new HMFPlvl55 just because "they are lvl 55"
"The object of WAR is not to DIE for your
country BUT to make the other BASTARD DIE for his
"
Empire of the Hand multigaming clan/guild : http://claneoth.enjin.com/swtor "SillY Rabbit, Tricks are for kids"

Astarica
05.06.2013 , 07:15 PM | #82
I tanked all the FPs in Rakata gear on my Assassin tank. The only boss that was semi hard was the bonus boss on Hammer Station and he's probably the hardest boss in the FPs.

Now the trash, that's another whole thing altogether. You're supposed to use CD and CCs on them, and if not expect to die terribly even with full Black Market gear.

Khevar
05.06.2013 , 08:30 PM | #83
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKraken View Post
not at all i have to upgrade my assassin tank to basic gear (R 156) to be at least up to the FP lvl 55. And again, DG gear? who uses that? people are going from makeb and their low gear to try these new HMFPlvl55 just because "they are lvl 55"
I started pugging HM FPs on my Shadow Tank the moment I dinged 55. I had a mix of 63/61/58 gear that was partially augmented with the old grade 22 augments.

When I hit 55, I purchased the main hand 28 hilt, and a couple of 28 enhancements and I did fine. One pug fell apart, but four more went well. After I got a couple of pieces of Black Market I ran SM SV.

The changes to the dr curves on defensive stats made me have to pay close attention to cooldowns, procs, etc. Using CC was more important as well. As a matter of fact, the pug that went poorly was all due to CC-breaking derp-wipes.

I'm sure getting in full 156 will help, but it isn't by any means required. What's required is more care before each pull, getting better at your class, and being in better coordination with the group.

Astarica
05.06.2013 , 08:51 PM | #84
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I started pugging HM FPs on my Shadow Tank the moment I dinged 55. I had a mix of 63/61/58 gear that was partially augmented with the old grade 22 augments.

When I hit 55, I purchased the main hand 28 hilt, and a couple of 28 enhancements and I did fine. One pug fell apart, but four more went well. After I got a couple of pieces of Black Market I ran SM SV.

The changes to the dr curves on defensive stats made me have to pay close attention to cooldowns, procs, etc. Using CC was more important as well. As a matter of fact, the pug that went poorly was all due to CC-breaking derp-wipes.

I'm sure getting in full 156 will help, but it isn't by any means required. What's required is more care before each pull, getting better at your class, and being in better coordination with the group.
I don't see how you're supposed to survive the 5 droid pulls in Athiss or the 5 dog pulls in Mandolorian Raiders without at least some CC/CD, preferably both, even if you're full black market geared. These things just hit way too hard but that's why you have CC and CD to use on them. I see far too many group where the tank sort of just charges in with no CD and nobody is CCing anything and then the tank dies immediately and people cry it's too hard.

Also some of the pulls are pretty gimmicky, like the ones where there looks like only 1 mob in front but 3 strongs pop out from a door somewhere, and they can drop your healer in a hurry if you didn't notice them. The 5 dog pull in Mandolorian has 1 dog in front and 4 on the side, and if you didn't see those dogs you get a dead healer in 3 seconds too. There's also several pulls that features like 6 strongs but you got a coolant tank or a explosive fuel nearby, and you're obviously supposed to use it to stun or burn down the mobs.

AshlaBoga
05.06.2013 , 10:17 PM | #85
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterKraken View Post
When I hit 55 I had enough basic comms to buy the boots. I decided not to since I wanted to save up for the mainhand. 1 minute after I hit 55 I got into HM Cadimemu and we cleared it with 2 wipes on the bonus boss and 1 wipe on the final boss. We were not in VoiceChat, did not know each other and didn't have level 51+ stims. Aside from those wipes there were no deaths. And guess what? With full 63s I was the most geared person in the group. The PT tank had full 61s and had no issues tanking And the DPS? A mix of Black Hole and Rakata.

Quote: Originally Posted by Astarica View Post
I tanked all the FPs in Rakata gear on my Assassin tank. The only boss that was semi hard was the bonus boss on Hammer Station and he's probably the hardest boss in the FPs.
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I started pugging HM FPs on my Shadow Tank the moment I dinged 55. I had a mix of 63/61/58 gear that was partially augmented with the old grade 22 augments. I'm sure getting in full 156 will help, but it isn't by any means required. What's required is more care before each pull, getting better at your class, and being in better coordination with the group.
^Astarica and Khevar proving my point.

Sounds like you tend to overgear content MasterKraken rather than relying on your skill. Here's a piece of advice from Obi-Wan (Jedi or not, he's a useful source of wisdom): "Use the Force."

Time to switch your targeting computer off MasterKraken.
Typhojem Legacy, Jung Ma server
VICIOUS
Lord of Corruption

MichelvanMeerten
05.06.2013 , 11:20 PM | #86
a couple of things for 55 HM if your a fresh 55 healer

For tanks / healers
Tank damage from bosses is low
Tank damage from trash is ALOT

For dps
CC is advisable to be used on trash
Single target dps is a must
Kill weak, normal first and let tank grab strong/elite

If you all gank a different target - healer will DIE because of hte loose mobs. No, its not a matter of healing himself. Its because he cant heal tank, rambo dps AND himself at the same time.

I started Hm 55 while wearing 50 blackhole gear. Not changed a thing while leveling. And BH gear is piss easy to get from HM 50 flashpoints now.

Edit
Oh and tell your group you'll try the bonus bosses once or twice but are probably undergeared for it.

Astarica
05.06.2013 , 11:24 PM | #87
Actually for DPS, what you want to do is throw your 'stun weak/standard target for 3 seconds' skill on anything it works on while focusing on the Strongs. Strong mobs are the biggest source of damage for trash, but they also have very few HPs. You can even hit the wrong Strongs (as long as it's not the CCed ones) and that's okay because any DPS should be able to burn one Strong down before he dies, and if you have to fight say 5 dogs in Mandolorian Raiders, it's slightly easier to have tank get 3 while each DPS take 1, versus tank getting all 5 dogs, though of course you should CC two of them to begin with. Use your stuns on the Strong mobs is a good idea too. You should not touch the Elites at all as a DPS because they should be CCed and saved for last.

Zombietroll
05.07.2013 , 05:59 AM | #88
A 69 geared healer isn't even going to come close to outhealing the DPS of say the 5 strong droid pack in Athiss that all do Charged Burst for 5K at the same time if the tank didn't use a CD, or the turrets of doom in Mandolorian Raiders. Of course you got to ask why is your tank not using CD, or why is the healer not CCing one of the strong (all healer types can CC any mob not immune to CC)?

Elites generally aren't a big deal. If you want to reduce damage, you should really mez the strongs. It usually makes more sense to mez the elite while your DPS burns down the strongs, but that'd require your DPS know what they're doing too. Nobody is gong to tank 4 strong mobs comfortably in the 55 FPs for a very long time, but at least 2 of those should die in the first 10 seconds if your DPS is any good.
I always mezz the far left droid of that encounter. Four out of five runs a DPS mezz's another of the left pack. Regardless, 20k damage isn't that bad if you consider 2 kolto probes should already be floating, preferably with kolto infusion already rolling at the pull.

Ninety percent of tanks will pop a cooldown for that pull, and as for the ones that don't...well we might just have to finish that pull with them on their back. But I've never wiped on that particular pull.

The general kill order is weak to elite, so I don't know exactly why you wanna mez the strongs more often than elites. Obviously it depends on the context of the particular pull, but I normally default to mezzing the elites, tanking the strongs, and dps 1-2 shotting weak or standards.
Cheezeburger - Jedi Covenant - 55 Operative Healer

tanktest
05.07.2013 , 06:31 AM | #89
I don't see how you're supposed to survive the 5 droid pulls in Athiss or the 5 dog pulls in Mandolorian Raiders without at least some CC/CD, preferably both, even if you're full black market geared. These things just hit way too hard but that's why you have CC and CD to use on them. I see far too many group where the tank sort of just charges in with no CD and nobody is CCing anything and then the tank dies immediately and people cry it's too hard.

Also some of the pulls are pretty gimmicky, like the ones where there looks like only 1 mob in front but 3 strongs pop out from a door somewhere, and they can drop your healer in a hurry if you didn't notice them. The 5 dog pull in Mandolorian has 1 dog in front and 4 on the side, and if you didn't see those dogs you get a dead healer in 3 seconds too. There's also several pulls that features like 6 strongs but you got a coolant tank or a explosive fuel nearby, and you're obviously supposed to use it to stun or burn down the mobs.

WE do, I ask the tank to just pull it but my sorc is in full 69's now with some 72 so its cake > .we use no CC when i heal on HIM .or use CC as needed , but on those pulls I ask them to not use CC . so I can have fun keeping everyone a live.

My question is ? . IS the tank you run with a PuG tank ? ,

Even then I don't have to many issue on those pulls .

OR do you know the tank ?
IF so

IS he geared right ?
Does he know how to tank it YET ? .

MY Sorc is doing 10k crit heals now and His Aoe Ticks for 1k normal and 1100 CRIT AOE per tick .

I'm not Fully augmented yet , still need to adjust my crit and surge and power and ala more .

tanktest
05.07.2013 , 06:36 AM | #90
Quote: Originally Posted by MorgothPl View Post
Healing in full 66 itemised gear, with remaining old 50 augments. Absolutely not having problems with any of those FPs, even the Hammer boss is easy to heal. But... you have to know what you are doing. No more just clicking one skill and that did the job, when we were all totally overgeared for the old FPs.

And finally there is fun to do - there is cleansing, there is more accent put on the AoE, you need to watch the procs and such. It''s much more fun to play healing sorc.
ME nether I don't se the problem , to me its no diff . then before 2.0 once your geared . We use CC as needed most of the time we don't, we just pull ,I heal them thu it no issues.

I agree Fully its so Much more fun healing on my Sorc then it ever was .