Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Army of one

Grinamdord
05.06.2013 , 06:15 PM | #11
I came up with this idea because if you are not hardcore, not going after HM OPS, at least you have a reason to go into SM ops once you're all decked out... to deck out your companions who NEED the gear because you are going to use them.

Also, I would be in favor of only allowing this in SM or certain OPS.

Klishar
01.06.2014 , 01:52 PM | #12
The whole "Army of One" thing sounds good, but here's a different take on it: instead of placing one of your alts in the hands of an AI (they're really no substitute for an actual experienced player), instead make it so that you can have multiple companions summoned at once. Like SWTOR gives so many cool companions that it sucks that we can only use one at a time. Let's make it so that we can have 3-5 of them out all at once. Would make Makeb & Oricon more tolerable and it'd make gearing up your companions much more worth it.

And once this is implemented, can we get soloable fps that drop companion-specific gear? Would have to come up with a different name for them naturally, but you get the idea.

slafko
01.07.2014 , 05:50 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Grinamdord View Post
I welcome any comments,let the blasting begin.
First of all, the companion system is not unique to SWTOR and has been done (to better extent) in some older games. The same is true with "alt as companion" idea.

Don't get me wrong, the idea of having my characters keep each other company is great and I would really like to see it implemented. First companion to go would definitely be Gus Tuno as I'd rather level a new Smuggler than have him annoy my Gunslinger.

Never_Hesitate
01.07.2014 , 07:29 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Grinamdord View Post
SWTOR has a history. The very beginning was great. Servers had little trouble, story line was awesome, PVP was epic.
The good old days when level 50 players in full pvp gear farmed the level 10 people who didn't even have sprint at the time
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian