Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why do level 55 players run level 50 FPs?

Eillack
05.05.2013 , 10:06 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Elear View Post
All possible reasons I can think about:
- just to run FP, for fun, and doesn't uncheck those options
- to get daily reward from finder/quest for lvl50
- for gear. Just because someone dinged 55 doesn't mean he's already in full 55 gear. That would be especially true for ops and people that didn't ding 50 pre-2.0.
- for achievements
- for healers and tanks, to learn on "easy mode", where their mistakes won't always cause wipe.
- to help pre-55 friend
- it's a big world. I'm sure there might be one or two guys doing it just to annoy 'lowbies'
^ This.

Dailies to gear comps that you've neglected is another reason too.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Werdan
05.05.2013 , 11:10 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Thundergulch View Post
Yeah I was thinking of lvl 50 ops.. my bad
They can still do the ops as well, they just can't queue up for them thru group finder.

As for why I do L50 FPs it's because of the dailys. While a couple of my 55's are fairly well geared, the basic comms can stil be used to buy gear for alts and sent thru legacy gear.
TRACE
THUNDERHIPS
ISHKA
BRUTALIZE

Ottoattack
05.06.2013 , 05:50 PM | #33
Pretty much as everyone mentioned, the 15 basic coms on first run. Fastest way to get them.

JouerTue
05.07.2013 , 09:45 AM | #34
i never had problems and even now that i have a couple of toons at 55, i ask if they need exp and run bonus or whatever they want.

when i was the ''useless'' 50 i was always the healer or the tank so i still had the lead in pulls or felt useful by keeping guys alive.

maybe you don't see your heal filling the 55 tank 's health bar but i asked to do bonus and no one ever left the instance or had something to say..
i could also say that 55s running 50hm are a good playerbase.

mobs exp is small if you think to the weekly or daily exp.
and i like to have companions well geared.

tanktest
05.08.2013 , 02:09 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Tachenko_Yuri View Post
Pretty sure I donn't have to ask for an authorization to do whatever content i want to do, for whatever reason and for whatever rewards any given flashpoints yields.

Acutally, as a 55 doing normal HMs, i tend to pass on gear, so if someone slightly lower in group is of my same class, he/she can get the gear... so what's the " evil " part in all of this? D:
I Agree fully I pay for my right to play the game how I want to as long as I follow the game rules and right now there is no rule that says I can't run 50 HM FP at 55 if I want to, in fact I think BW wants us to, so other see what 55 is like so they SUB , spend more money etc ...

tanktest
05.08.2013 , 02:12 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by JouerTue View Post
i never had problems and even now that i have a couple of toons at 55, i ask if they need exp and run bonus or whatever they want.

when i was the ''useless'' 50 i was always the healer or the tank so i still had the lead in pulls or felt useful by keeping guys alive.

maybe you don't see your heal filling the 55 tank 's health bar but i asked to do bonus and no one ever left the instance or had something to say..
i could also say that 55s running 50hm are a good playerbase.

mobs exp is small if you think to the weekly or daily exp.
and i like to have companions well geared.
most don't and when I run a 50 HMFP on my 55 I even do the bonus boss if they want it , I can move thu it fast, so doing bonus boss is like runin it at 50 on a speed run, and I really don't mind seeing 50's get that gear .

ChrisRedmond
05.08.2013 , 02:39 AM | #37
Commendations through group finder.

That's it. I'd much rather do a HM FP through GF than do dailies, it's more productive, (and more fun).

I understand your frustration though, I tend to ask at the start about skipping content, it's annoying when only one is skipping, or only one wants the whole FP done. I'm easy both ways, but I ask first, then take it from there. If we can't agreee, kick whoever needs kicked, and requeue.

Usually people are OK with a nice gentlemanly chat over a cup of tea, a sry, np, have fun, cya later.
If you can't fix it, forget it.

Lord_Erman
05.08.2013 , 03:05 AM | #38
Especially when your toon is a new level 55, you will need all the comms you can get. That's why it makes perfect sense to run a few level 50 fps.
Errtai - Jedi Sentinel
<Nexus X> - The Red Eclipse

Sorei
05.08.2013 , 03:07 AM | #39
I do this because of achievements, gear (won't pug for 55 fps without appropriate gear - after joining a guild, this doesn't matter anymore) and to learn how to play my role. On some characters I hardly ran FPs pre level 50, so I'm lacking experience in healing (and previously tanking).

wainot-keel
05.08.2013 , 08:12 AM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Ottoattack View Post
Pretty much as everyone mentioned, the 15 basic coms on first run. Fastest way to get them.
We do this with the guild. Some of the new lvl 53 implants are really good and you need the comms to buy the purple mat. If a "lowbie" 50-54 wants to join for a really easy and fast run, all the better. I think thte daily alone gives 50k xp points.