Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Comparisons

Excise
05.01.2013 , 09:47 PM | #11
Haven't gone through the Trooper arc but I saw your summary. So is it the Trooper arc that actually explains what made the Empire and Republic finally go back to war?

Most of the pre-Makeb stories does a very poor job of explaining what's going on in the big picture, and the war starting up was always the most glaring example for me.

paowee
05.02.2013 , 12:44 PM | #12
I think i may be the only person who likes the inquisitor story line >_<. I like flashy fights and power and magic and the inquisitor story line gave me just that. I think i remember getting goosebumps while i was fighting thanaton. All that power that you had waiting to be unleashed to your enemy... I like

I also like the sith warrior story as well. I was very surprised at the twist
Spoiler
. I thought that was really interesting.
Imo i think the inquisitor story line was great. I loved it. And the warrior story line had enough twists to keep me entertained.
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

stormdrakelord
05.02.2013 , 07:28 PM | #13
I think the Premise behind the BH story, is just that, being a BOUNTY HUNTER.

I liked the Smuggler story, simply because my character made the story fun.

Never liked the Trooper, but that is mainly because I am not a military man.
Han Solo: Great, kid. Don't get cocky.

ekimmak
05.02.2013 , 08:32 PM | #14
Re: Excise
Spoiler

Re: Paowee
Spoiler

Re: stormdrakelord
Spoiler
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

sir_star_wars
05.04.2013 , 11:33 AM | #15
Ekimmak knows all.
You're wrong, stupid OPs. This game is amazing, it just needs work.

krakadyla
05.04.2013 , 05:23 PM | #16
Regarding Agent's Chapter 1 -

Spoiler

Mannam
05.04.2013 , 07:28 PM | #17
Spoiler

I am disappointed with the Makeb expansion. I wish it continued class specific content along with the Makeb story. Curious about the JK storyline, can you fall to the Dark Side and become a Dark Jedi? Also the Smuggler can you become an underworld boss?
Captain Bipto: What's the problem? Just vaporise, everyone, everything, boof, mission accomplished, medals, awards, a parade, next!
X-Wing Minatures Game

ekimmak
05.04.2013 , 10:03 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by sir_star_wars View Post
Ekimmak knows all.
Nah, I just have great memory and altitis.

Re krakadyla:
Spoiler

Re Mannam
Spoiler
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

sir_star_wars
05.07.2013 , 06:05 PM | #19
Truth be told, I don't think the Consular deserves all the hate it gets. I mean it's actually pretty interesting if you get into it. I loved feeling the pure, er... "Awesomeness" of the class, and I thought the diplomat role was a very good way to get a peek inside the Consulars mind, and how they work. Unlike the Knight, which didnt seem very Jedi like at all.

But hey, just my 2 cents. ;P
You're wrong, stupid OPs. This game is amazing, it just needs work.

Euphrosyne
05.07.2013 , 06:41 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by ekimmak View Post
Re: Excise
Spoiler
The declaration of war itself is arguably an irrelevant event, much like how the Sino-Japanese War didn't technically "start" until Jiang declared war on Japan in 1941 - four years after the Marco Polo Bridge incident, during which Japan occupied vast Chinese territories, fought the epic Shanghai campaign, and committed countless atrocities against Chinese civilians and soldiers. In SWTOR, both Republic and Empire were backing separatist and rebel movements in the other's territories (Ord Mantell, Balmorra) before the start of the class stories. Both sides effectively commit acts of war with scant attention paid to the treaty at all. The events surrounding the Black Talon's attack on the Brentaal Star apparently featured a balls-out, full-on fleet battle ("I just crippled three Imperial dreadnoughts"...), and that flashpoint was practically at the beginning of the game. By the end of the prologue, to all intents and purposes, Empire and Republic are in a shooting war, and the Treaty of Coruscant is just a scrap of flimsi.

I don't think it's possible to pinpoint a moment in time at which the Cold War went hot. The Balmorran campaign - the Imperial one - or the Black Talon incident would be good potential options. But really, those are just matters of degree, and I think the writers wanted it that way: a gradual escalation of hostilities, not a clean break like "22 June 1941, Nazi Germany and its satellites invade the USSR". Rakton's declaration of war had resonance in the Trooper campaign, but it really didn't change the situation on the ground for any of the other classes: it was an evolutionary, not revolutionary step. The Empire didn't need a declaration of war to launch a full-scale invasion of Taris, same with the Republic's second intervention on Balmorra at about the same time.
Euphrosynē (n., Greek) - "mirth, merriment"
Fanfic: Beyond Good and Evil