Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Arkanian relics bop??

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Abarya
05.01.2013 , 03:09 PM | #1
So i just learned an arkanian relic scematic from RE are these supposed to be BOP when crafted or is this something that needs to be fixed

funsam
05.02.2013 , 11:19 AM | #2
Most if not all ark gear crafted are Bound on Pickup. basically a bonus to person choosing that skill.

tortcat
05.02.2013 , 11:34 AM | #3
But in the case of a relic that is NO bonus of any use whatsoever.

What in the world would you do with a BOP relic for the same relic you just re'd?

Companions cannot use them, you canot ship via legacy. There would be NO point to learning a schematic.

Surely this would be a bug

wainot-keel
05.02.2013 , 11:40 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by funsam View Post
Most if not all ark gear crafted are Bound on Pickup. basically a bonus to person choosing that skill.
What would be the bonus ? If you got the relic (drop or bought from vendor) what's the point of REing/learning/crafting BoP ? You can only craft one. But you already had one. Pointless trying to get a schematic .

Now, ff those relics were given by the trainer, well, that could be a bonus....

Markviper
06.09.2013 , 05:25 PM | #5
Whoever was in charge of crafting for this expansion needs to be fired and/or thrown into a sarlac. What the heck is the point in making a RE'd relic schematic BOP? If I am trying the RE it, that means I already have one and could get no use out of a second one.

asbalana
06.10.2013 , 08:53 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Markviper View Post
Whoever was in charge of crafting for this expansion needs to be fired and/or thrown into a sarlac. What the heck is the point in making a RE'd relic schematic BOP? If I am trying the RE it, that means I already have one and could get no use out of a second one.
That's a little harsh, don't you think. The High School intern who is the crafting department is doing her best and is just trying to get some course credits and a little experience.

Mugen_no_Jidai
06.10.2013 , 10:19 PM | #7
Seeing as none of the same relics stack, this is utterly worthless, beyond any belief. I was considering trying to RE these on certain toons, thank you for saving me the trouble.

In a somewhat related note, a guilde of mine tried to RE a Dreadguard relic, only for the success sound to be heard, , though with a message saying that he couldn't learn the schematic. Can anyone confirm whether or not you can actually learn a DG relic since they reverted the stats on these in the 2.1ish patch? I can a number (thousands) of classic comms/unasembled gear to trade in for comms and would like to try learning some of these (besides the one I already have), though if they're as broken as the Arkanian ones, I won't bother.

tortcat
06.11.2013 , 09:26 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Mugen_no_Jidai View Post
Seeing as none of the same relics stack, this is utterly worthless, beyond any belief. I was considering trying to RE these on certain toons, thank you for saving me the trouble.

In a somewhat related note, a guilde of mine tried to RE a Dreadguard relic, only for the success sound to be heard, , though with a message saying that he couldn't learn the schematic. Can anyone confirm whether or not you can actually learn a DG relic since they reverted the stats on these in the 2.1ish patch? I can a number (thousands) of classic comms/unasembled gear to trade in for comms and would like to try learning some of these (besides the one I already have), though if they're as broken as the Arkanian ones, I won't bother.

Same exact thing happaned to me 3 times. Each time Cust Service would replace the relic and tell me its a bug. ON the third occurance ( when I did a "success " and got that message" they told me they could no longer replce them if it happaned again.

Sooo...I would say yes a definite bug and no its not fixed. Frustrating.

toesterman
06.12.2013 , 02:00 PM | #9
Just RE'ed the underworld serendipudous Assault relic and LEARNED it. Now that i hover over it, it says its bind on pick up... Thats just what i needed....

toesterman
06.12.2013 , 02:35 PM | #10
Just confirmed.. that the arkanian/underworld relics are indeed BOUND upon crafting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ps7df25f0e.jpg