Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Houses

kirorx
04.29.2013 , 12:35 PM | #11
Just not that kind of a game

I liked SWG but that style of game is gone and dead

Raid, warzones and storylines. That is what this game is all about
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Nydus
04.29.2013 , 12:36 PM | #12
Not sure this is possible in this game.

This was one of a small handful of superior things about Galaxies, so I'm absolutely with you that it is a shame you can't customize your living space more and be inviting to folks.

- Arcada
The Arcada Legacy (Ebon Hawk)
Ord'os (Lvl.55 Sorcerer), Naresa (Lvl.53 Operative), Jagrafess (Lvl.19 Marauder)
Nydus (Lvl.54 Shadow), Toclafane (Lvl.27 Guardian)

Repman
04.30.2013 , 07:31 AM | #13
Wouldn't a house make this game feel more like an RPG and less like, well whatever MMO's are these days... grinds? Fashion shows?

uniz
04.30.2013 , 07:56 AM | #14
this game is far too simple for something like that. that is the wow clone models of mmos.

housing in games will never be the quality level those of us that played eq2 are used to. where the game actually had harvested housing items in instances and raids. multitudes of crafted, faction bought and quest reward items were in game. crafted spec swapping mirrors. crafted portals to guild halls and to certain zones. sales crates where you would NOT pay a ah fee if you went to the house and bought it there. the most lucrative crafters made such items and they sold well. hours if not days were spent decorating your homes.

guild halls had trophies of the raid bosses killed whose pedestal required a crafter. everything in a house could be placed in a guild hall too.

just think of the complexity a mmo can have when you dont have pvp in it at release. that includes raids, crafting and gear.

swtonewbie
04.30.2013 , 11:31 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
Just not that kind of a game

I liked SWG but that style of game is gone and dead

Raid, warzones and storylines. That is what this game is all about
LOTRO isnt anything like SWG but LOTRO still released with instanced player housing. Whether adding it into SWTOR at this stage is another matter. If creating player housing takes away dev resources from releasing other content like OP, FP or BGs then i'd be against adding player housing.

Quote: Originally Posted by Repman View Post
Wouldn't a house make this game feel more like an RPG and less like, well whatever MMO's are these days... grinds? Fashion shows?
If it were to be added it would be an optional feature. Just cause something is in game doesnt mean you have to do it. Like above i was talking about how LOTRO has player housing. But just because it had it doesnt mean that i messed around with it. Once it becomes mandatory to go to your house for w/e reason, then i think it would be a problem.
I'm not really a noob...

maxjam
05.01.2013 , 04:09 AM | #16
As a fan of SWG I would love to see player housing in SWTOR. I know it is divisive but its an additional feature that a lot of gamers enjoy - if its not a compulsory requirement I don't see the problem. I would personally feel a lot more 'connected' to my characters if I could 'go home' at the end of a play session and log out in a little corner of the universe I had made my own!

*I am in no way suggesting we should follow SWGs model, I'd settle for an instanced apartment in DK! But if the Devs are reading I'd really love a house on Tatooine :P
Kalistra, Mercenary: Deathmark in Seven Systems
Mandalorian Forge
Aliit ori'shya tal'din
YouTube | Recruitment Thread

lineinfantry
05.01.2013 , 05:30 AM | #17
buying your own flat on nar shaddaa or coruscant would be cool, but guild capital ships must be the priority feature where bioware must spend their resources to create.

DarthVec
05.01.2013 , 11:47 AM | #18
I love the thought of a personalized home, but what i would really like to see is a Legacy power base for our toons on a planet both rep & imp toons have access too, something we can customize some rooms imp some rep or all of one depending on you're faction loyalties of your toons.

GTN & mails & fluffy artifice & bio chem labs, trophies of past kills.

Someone said we do not have enough fluffy items in this game to do it but the launch of player power base/housing would be the perfect time to launch it. Sith inquisitors have a power base in Kass city, but we have no access to it, how about the toons all get one to share as legacy family

The customization of power bases or housing would be a huge time investment to the game that i would enjoy, if people don't like the idea then they do not have to participate.
Satanicus Sorcerer dps/pvp
Furo - Assassin dps
Roxy Dark - Sorcerer Healer
Ipcres - Sniper dps

Vigilanis
05.02.2013 , 04:20 AM | #19
I would love to see housing come into SWTOR like we had in Galaxies....I spent DAYS decorating my houses, and it gave motivation to master craftsman skills like Architect for example to make your own houses and furniture. It was like a whole other seperate game, just very relaxing and a nice break from the combat, a really immersive facet.

Best thing about it was you could drop for example a full set of armour in there and it would stand like a statue, people had full displays of the rarest armour in game. It just integrated beautifully with the game and became like a museum to your achievements, you looted a Krayt Dragon skull....in this game...meh junk sell it, in that game, drop it in your house, instant massive ornament......I could go on for hours.

How would this integrate here? Well without a Sandbox environment and a hell of a lot of free-roam added, you wouldn't have the space, I can only see it becoming a reality if they added an instanced area for example for your houses, or if they made Capital style ships to serve as your space, or if they opened up an outer instanced ring on the fleet so we had apartments up there or something.

No this isn't Galaxies, it is worlds apart, but there is no reason why they can'y come up with something to satiate this little desire a lot of us have
The Legend of Vigi
The Sunrider Legacy

NightBlizzard
05.02.2013 , 07:41 PM | #20
Hmm ... I'm not sure if something like that would work in SWTOR.

I know SWG had that - you had towns made of just players, a town hall, vendors, cantina. But than again - SWG was a LOT different. I mean you could make a living off of being a dancer or musician for heaven's sake! (Ahh - those were the days (*⌒∇⌒*) )

With SWTOR I feel like it is too different to be tastefully implemented. This game is more centred around PvP, Storyline content, battling, real nitty gritty stuff - like blowing up buildings!

Maybe if they allowed you to customize your ships interior that could work? Like allowing you to mount things on the walls, add vendors, ect. I think that would be as close as SWTOR would be able to get with player housing.
"A large stack of credits does wonders for my affection level"