Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lack of available names? (Help needed)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Community Content
Lack of available names? (Help needed)

BekkaJai
04.28.2013 , 02:57 PM | #21
With this game I've developed a naming scheme that's almost guaranteed to get me the name I want. I choose the name I want and then tack my legacy name on the end. My toons will all have the last few letters the same but by doing that I can choose pretty much whatever I want as a name for my toon.

nateslice
04.29.2013 , 07:13 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Ajaxduo View Post
Which is why I said nearing :P it's about 4 months off I think. I'm an avid rp'er so it is somewhat meaningful to me I just wondered if anyone could share a little inspiration. I'm looking to make a Imperial Agent Sniper. Human Female, white hair and ice blue eyes (somewhat Echani like). Going to play light side. I'd appreciate the help.
I see it's been a few days since you started this thread. I don't know if you've found a good name yet, but I have a suggestion for a name that would fit that look. I don't know if it's available on your server, though. I'll PM it to you on the off-chance you still need a name, just to be sure someone else doesn't see it before you do.

By the way, if you like the name but it's unavailable, there's always the option of playing around with alternate spellings.
Star Wars goodness from Richard Cheese:
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

JediCounsular
04.30.2013 , 04:12 PM | #23
I have seen a good many ideas here. To those that are still trying to pick out a name,
the ideas mentioned so far are good across the board and mostly for force users.
For those non- force users, you can use code words.

* For Imperial Agents- think of any code names, agents, etc...
(Already seen my share of X-FILES Mulder and Scully)...
* For Smugglers- think of your captains.
(already seen my share of FIREFLY Captain Mal Reyolds)

* For Troopers / Bounty Hunters- think code names. A few ideas can be be gotten
from TRANSFORMERS, G.I. JOE cartoons, and such...watch and use your imagination.
(Snake-eyes, Gearbox, Sgt. Slaughter. Duke Nukem, )
---> Mirage.. a good name .for someone that can cloak

Hope this helps...Good Luck.
THE COVENANT OF TYTHON ~ THE SOVEREIGN ELITE
The Ebon Hawk server, our roleplay home since March.22, 2011.

Darth_Krushya
04.30.2013 , 11:40 PM | #24
These are ideas I have used:

Use your name: first, middle, and / or last. Spell them back words. Spell them how they are pronounced backwards. Add hyphens and apostrophes. Remember you only have 15 spaces to make up a name, so you may have to mess around a little. Use friends' and family members' names.

Scramble up these names and rearrange them so they look and sound alien-esque. Add hyphens and apostrophes. I know you prefer humans while I, on the other hand, prefer aliens. Sorry. The two above suggestions are techniques I have used in writing stories. I have integrated friends and family members' names into them.

Finally try "Plays on Words." This was what I did on all of my alts: Your name conveys a message to anyone to reads it and can recognize it's meaning. It can convey a threat or a peaceful gesture. The last few letters can be your Surname (family / Legacy). Try to develop similar messages into plays on words, while keeping in mind, the last name you reserved as your legacy name.
"You're not evil enough. Well, It's true! You're half evil. You're quasi evil. You're the margarine of evil. You're the Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie. Not evil enough."
Dr. Evil to his son Scott.

amaresch
05.01.2013 , 12:13 AM | #25
get a can of http://www.campbellsoup.com/Products...lthy-Kids/2288

swirl the spoon, and look for inspiration.

There are online versions of this too, but you can't slurp those.
L'héritage S'Attarde
The Harbinger