Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

key-largo
04.30.2013 , 10:12 PM | #2361
Premades are fine...this is not a problem.

Givemedanger
05.01.2013 , 02:50 AM | #2362
Premades must go away. Why are we forced to group up to win warzones and to actually have fun. It's NO fun to roll other teams and vice versa. Premades should play vs other premades.

Rixorn
05.01.2013 , 03:12 AM | #2363
I am so glad I don't have to deal with any of this. As you can probably guess I am one of those evil premaders that live only to ruin everyone's day. Funny thing is this is the first MMO I play and I didn't even know what premade meant when I started doing pvp.
Sith Dominion - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

mrekxxx
05.01.2013 , 03:44 AM | #2364
Quote: Originally Posted by Givemedanger View Post
Premades must go away. Why are we forced to group up to win warzones and to actually have fun. It's NO fun to roll other teams and vice versa. Premades should play vs other premades.
forced like **** :P

TonyDragonflame
05.23.2013 , 10:20 AM | #2365
/bump
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Jadescythe
05.23.2013 , 10:22 AM | #2366
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
/bump
/wrists
I have opinions and stuff

HuaRya
05.23.2013 , 10:30 AM | #2367
Quote: Originally Posted by key-largo View Post
Premades are fine...this is not a problem.
This is the predictable rhetorical monologue of a person who runs in half premades and plays only non-ranked warzones.

For most guilds they simply cannot muster 8 people on a regular basis to play in the sacred 'RANKED' warzone. They say things like "when we are all max geared" or "on this one day out of the week" but it never transpires. What they slowly get recognized as on our server are pugstomping guilds. Bullys need only apply.

Darksilence
05.25.2013 , 07:27 AM | #2368
Devs need to make it so all War zone ques are Premades vs Premades period. Mixed solo players will que normaly for matchs.
Really how hard is that?
Honored member of Squadron 367, bless you Bioware

Zohkar
05.25.2013 , 10:14 AM | #2369
Would be nice to see seperate ques for one's that prefer group play (arena's) and those that just want to pug. Only issue is the wait time's would be increased drastically for most of us until they find a way to cross server pvp content for everyone. I know if my game could not do it but others could, and I wanted to insure the people that play my game enjoyed it more I would do anything even walk down the road to my competitor and say look, you have a nice feature mind if you help us incorperate it into our game.
55 Zohkar (Guardian) 55 Sa'brina (Immortal)
55 Zankar (Shadow) 55 Selura (Corruption)
55 Zandakar (Sharpshooter) 55 Sil'mara (Operative)
55 Zanlamar (Gunnery) 55 Sondrea (Shieldtech)

Ajuntalee
05.25.2013 , 10:56 AM | #2370
Quote: Originally Posted by Striders View Post
The goal of this game is not to allow "care bears" to run around winning warzones to make them feel better about themselves. The game provides warzones to fight other players and that is their only job here... the job is not to make sure that everyone is able to win and everyone gets their "trophies" and feels like they are special.

If you want to get better at warzones I would encourage you to do a couple of things:

Work On Your Gear
The better the gear the better chance you have. A lot of those overpowered players in their "pre-mades" have put in a lot of time and effort to get their gear, why should it be any different for anyone else? We have all done it... and yes, I have endured PUGing warzones for an entire day losing most matches but in the end my reward was another piece of gear that puts me closer to my goal(s).

Join a Guild
Yes, that's right. Maybe if you socialize a little you can find like-minded people to queue with... I understand that some people want to be anti-social and guess what? The price you pay for not wanting to join guilds or be social is that you get to PUG warzones by yourself all the time. There is a very simple solution to it but if you refuse than there really isn't anything I can do about it but I'd love to stop hearing you complain.

Realize You Don't Win Them All
I understand that a lot of you grew up in the "participation trophy" / "no dodgeball since it hurts feelings" era of education and because of this you expect everything in life to be a level playing field but that is sadly not reality. There are always winners and always losers and you just need to keep working at getting better. Sadly a lot of the PUGs I have played with (and probably some people on this thread) won't be any better even with good gear. These people won't even realize it's them... they will blame the game, the warzone or the teammates and never realize they are just NOT GOOD.

For anyone complaining on this thread (or the 15 other threads on the same topic) I would suggest you direct all of your negative, whiny energy towards improving your play-style, gearing your toon up and joining a guild. A month from now if you have done that you will probably have forgotten all your ************ and will be one of the people that everyone here is complaining about. People just need to take responsibility for getting better... it won't be handed to you regardless of what your parents tell you.
/like,

quoted it all it was well written and was worth being repeated, should be on front page really.