Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Slicing] Still broken? - no regulators since patch 2.0.1

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Slicing] Still broken? - no regulators since patch 2.0.1

caveslug
04.30.2013 , 06:43 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Cupelixx View Post
The Harbinger has 20 pages, with almost 40 different sellers ATM. Also, ponder this: a purple grade 9 mat that isn't farmable in the world has more listings than a grade 9 green scavenging mat that is!

And seriously about the prices? Pre-patch, they were almost 100K and they're down to 45ish now. That's over a 50% drop in a week. AKA, supply/demand. There is more supply now so prices are much lower. With the amount of credits awarded by quests at max level, they are really not that expensive. And you can always farm them yourself if you don't like GTN prices.
Clearly we all need to farm them on 7 different toons, I have 1 character with 450 slicing. I'm sorry that I don't get them, falling like rain for me.
#1 reply to all PvP threads.....L2P

Cupelixx
04.30.2013 , 06:47 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by caveslug View Post
Clearly we all need to farm them on 7 different toons, I have 1 character with 450 slicing. I'm sorry that I don't get them, falling like rain for me.
I don't know what to tell you. Time spent vs. reward.
SWTOR's integrated UI is responsible for many players' framerate issues. Support player control and modification of SWTOR's user interface.

Khevar
04.30.2013 , 07:01 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by caveslug View Post
I have 2 toons with slicing. I don't have a lot of playtime. Despite this, I have 49 Thermal Regulators in my bag, with 13 augments in my gear already.

Before 2.0.1 I got terrible returns from slicing. After 2.0.1 I got good returns.

Are you only running the Rich / Bountiful slicing missions? Or do you also run the others (<2500 cr). What about the lockbox missions? I've gotten three 450 slicing crew missions from lockboxes, which (as of 2.0.1) return a decent amount of Thermal Regulators (6 on a crit)

asbalana
04.30.2013 , 08:24 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
I have 2 toons with slicing. I don't have a lot of playtime. Despite this, I have 49 Thermal Regulators in my bag, with 13 augments in my gear already.

Before 2.0.1 I got terrible returns from slicing. After 2.0.1 I got good returns.

Are you only running the Rich / Bountiful slicing missions? Or do you also run the others (<2500 cr). What about the lockbox missions? I've gotten three 450 slicing crew missions from lockboxes, which (as of 2.0.1) return a decent amount of Thermal Regulators (6 on a crit)
I have all but stopped crafting and my wife has done so entirely. So now my cadre of 450s sit idle and I just can't make mysefl run them. My wife and I were crafters and that was an important part of our play pre 2.0, but neither of us find any desire to do it any longer.

I have gotten a number of thermals which are now sitting in my cargo hold. The returns are nothing like pre 2.0. Much fewer crits and many more failed missions do not add up to sucess. I think that by now everyone knows not to run moderate and abundent missions. I did run a number of lockbox missions that resulted in wealthy slicing missions but when I ran them I got two thermals back with each, so gave up there. Just pityful.

I am happy for your rng luck but unfortunately it is being shared by few.

After about two years away, I just resubbed to WOW and am finding roaming the countryside in all directions and seeing the full life that has been built in while on my flaming steed is relaxing. Bunny rabbits hopping, cows roaming and mooing, birds flying overhead, and mice scampering while I tap a node is nice. It is also nice to be able to roam in every direction, explore a little, and not be in areas where the mob density is over 500 per square inch.

Best to you.

Khevar
04.30.2013 , 09:08 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by asbalana View Post
... Best to you.
To you as well, good luck on your journeys.

Darthmoriquendi
04.30.2013 , 11:30 PM | #36
It's still broken! Have spent quite a large sum of credits since the patch running bountiful and rich missions . Have all legacy crafting, maxed affection and slicing crits and still nothing. Same thing on treasure hunting, investigation, diplomacy. Only thing I get any return on is Underworld (Beryllius) but I am running three toons on missions for those and a total of 8 toons running all missions continuously. Getting frustrated, tired, fatigued and down right discouraged. Have never experienced this kind of let down in crafting on any game before. Please fix this!

Chakkal
05.01.2013 , 05:01 AM | #37
I like to see that some people are saying slicing is fine just because they themselves aren't having problems, and I love how people that aren't getting thermal regulators are being accused by some of trying to manipulate crit chance and GTN by making Bioware raise de crit chance... But on the topic, With other professions I don't have any problem in getting the purple mats, but on slicing since 2.0 I only got 8, and yes I have companions max affection and all that. I only have 3 companions doing the most expensive tech part missions (HK-51 and Scorpio for more crit) and still nothing, in fact some of the missions dont give any material at all. And so that you have an ideia, I've spent around 400k in this missions only to get 8 thermals... If that is "fixed" am gonna stop doing them... Just as a pointer prior to 2.0 I used to have the same 3 companions doing the same thing an I would get at least 1 crit from each time I got the 3 to work.... and now its almost pointless.

PS: I know people with the same problem...

Brutal
05.01.2013 , 07:26 AM | #38
since 2.01 im sending comps on mission too all maxed didin't get 1 from slicing mission talked to friends they say it works fine for them but tbh before the patch i did get 4-5 a day naw not 1 for past few

Cupelixx
05.01.2013 , 08:33 AM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by Chakkal View Post
I like to see that some people are saying slicing is fine just because they themselves aren't having problems, and I love how people that aren't getting thermal regulators are being accused by some of trying to manipulate crit chance and GTN by making Bioware raise de crit chance... But on the topic, With other professions I don't have any problem in getting the purple mats, but on slicing since 2.0 I only got 8, and yes I have companions max affection and all that. I only have 3 companions doing the most expensive tech part missions (HK-51 and Scorpio for more crit) and still nothing, in fact some of the missions dont give any material at all. And so that you have an ideia, I've spent around 400k in this missions only to get 8 thermals... If that is "fixed" am gonna stop doing them... Just as a pointer prior to 2.0 I used to have the same 3 companions doing the same thing an I would get at least 1 crit from each time I got the 3 to work.... and now its almost pointless.

PS: I know people with the same problem...
They didn't even change the chance to crit, they increased the yield on a critical success. Big difference. And I'm sorry you feel accused. But the only thing the naysayers have is heresay. And I still think people are greatly overstating the apparent problem. People think there is a problem, take it to the forums, and a bunch of people say "me too".

I really am sorry people are having bad luck. But there is no direct evidence that there's a problem. There is direct evidence that it's working. I went through a series of missions 3 times with no ceits since the patch. Dropped 75k creds with no return. Crits happened before and after this. A string of bad luck is not the same thing as broken.
SWTOR's integrated UI is responsible for many players' framerate issues. Support player control and modification of SWTOR's user interface.

Chakkal
05.01.2013 , 12:04 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Cupelixx View Post
They didn't even change the chance to crit, they increased the yield on a critical success. Big difference. And I'm sorry you feel accused. But the only thing the naysayers have is heresay. And I still think people are greatly overstating the apparent problem. People think there is a problem, take it to the forums, and a bunch of people say "me too".

I really am sorry people are having bad luck. But there is no direct evidence that there's a problem. There is direct evidence that it's working. I went through a series of missions 3 times with no ceits since the patch. Dropped 75k creds with no return. Crits happened before and after this. A string of bad luck is not the same thing as broken.
I am the first to admit that it may be just bad luck, but you can't assume that slicing missions are fine just because it seams to work as intended for some people, the opposite is also true, meaning that if some people are having problems that is an indication that it may not be working as intended. And as we all painfully know, Bioware bugs are abundant and selective, meaning that some experience said bugs and others don't. And correct me if am wrong, aren't the forums used to discuss this kind of stuff and help Bioware get hints of what may be wrong? I mean, at the end of the day this is a game we all love and want it to be good, so I think that even with the chance of being wrong its good to discuss this stuff.

PS: just after my 1st post I got 2 crits (with 4 thermal regulators each) out of 5 missions... it may just be bad luck... but in the case its not I wanted to make Bioware aware of a possible problem...