Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[Artifice] Just got to 450

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
[Artifice] Just got to 450

Kuloksssssssssss
04.29.2013 , 11:04 PM | #1
Just got to 450...what do I do. Where can I get the good schematics? How can I make money?

MilesTeg_cy
04.30.2013 , 07:41 AM | #2
Learn your schematics from your trainer and start to send your companions on missions. Hilts and enhancements are the basic sellables you can craft. Try to crit your missions to get the purple ingredients so that you can craft purple items that make more money. Set your companions affections to max which is 10k. This will increase the chance of critting.

After 2.0 artifice lost a lot of love imo.
All governments suffer a recurring problem: Power attracts pathological personalities. It is not that power corrupts but that it is magnetic to the corruptible. Such people have a tendency to become drunk on violence, a condition to which they are quickly addicted. - Frank Herbert

KarathAnno
04.30.2013 , 01:55 PM | #3
Not very helpful but none the less true answer: dump artifice and train up a more useful skill.

Slightly more helpful answer: make and sell MK-9 augment kits, run 55 ops and hope for a rare drop you can reverse engineer.

While not totally useless Artifice is probably the worst off crew skill right now.

Jimvinny
04.30.2013 , 04:19 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by KarathAnno View Post
Not very helpful but none the less true answer: dump artifice and train up a more useful skill.

Slightly more helpful answer: make and sell MK-9 augment kits, run 55 ops and hope for a rare drop you can reverse engineer.

While not totally useless Artifice is probably the worst off crew skill right now.
Not helpful, and not true at all.

To the OP; Artificers craft hilts and enhancements, as was mentioned above. Your gathering skill should be archaeology, and your mission skill should be treasure hunting. Get your companions out doing missions to farm mats. Purchase the green schematics for the more desirable hilts and enhancements, craft and RE the greens to get the blue schematic, then craft and RE the blues to get the purple schematic. Craft and sell the purples. Do some GTN research to see what is selling well. Artificers are also one of the best crafting skills for generating MK-9 slot components. Craft and RE the level 54 green offhands, and either sell the slot components, or craft the MK-9 kit yourself on an alt.

Khevar
04.30.2013 , 06:11 PM | #5

This is silly. Artifice can craft low-endurance grade 28 enhancements, which are frequently better than the endurance-heavy grade 30 enhancements found in Black Market gear.

Example:
Black Market Gloves with an Efficient Enhancement 30
+29 Power, +72 Surge

Yet artifice can craft the Adept Enhancement 28
+43 Power, +66 Surge

Lose 6 points of surge for 14 more points of power? Yes please.

Even the Verpine gear, with the endo-heavy Efficient Enhancement 31 isn't that great.
+32 Power, +79 Surge

Until you start getting Arkanian / Underworld drops from actual raids, the crafted grade 28 enhancements can be super useful for optimizing your gear.

KarathAnno
05.10.2013 , 12:55 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
This is silly. Artifice can craft low-endurance grade 28 enhancements, which are frequently better than the endurance-heavy grade 30 enhancements found in Black Market gear.
On my server it certainly is true. The purple 28 enchantments sell for 40-45k each. They require 2 Mytag Crystals which sell for 28k each. So you can sell the mats directly and make 56k or turn them into an enchantment and earn 45k if you are lucky. The value added from artifice is negative 13,000 to 18,000 credits.

Even if you want them for yourself it is far smarter to sell the mats and buy them form other people off the GTN.

Khevar
05.10.2013 , 02:03 PM | #7
... The value added from artifice is negative 13,000 to 18,000 credits. ...
Dit dit dot dot dot dot dot ... Breaking News!

Raw materials sell for more money than the final product! This is a new fact that only applies to Artifice and has never been seen in this game before today!

KarathAnno
05.10.2013 , 08:50 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Khevar View Post
Dit dit dot dot dot dot dot ... Breaking News!

Raw materials sell for more money than the final product! This is a new fact that only applies to Artifice and has never been seen in this game before today!

Then why would you advice someone make and sell enhancements and hilts when they will make more money selling the mats directly? Why would you possibly think that losing money counts as a useful feature of artifice?

As I said in my first post augments kits and reverse engineered drops from ops are, for now, the only way to make money with artifice (this may change with the dye system in 2.1). If for some reason you want to take $10 worth of mats artifice them up and sell the final product for $8 that is fine but don't pretend it is a good business strategy.

Khevar
05.10.2013 , 11:52 PM | #9
Then why would you advice someone make and sell enhancements and hilts when they will make more money selling the mats directly? Why would you possibly think that losing money counts as a useful feature of artifice?

As I said in my first post augments kits and reverse engineered drops from ops are, for now, the only way to make money with artifice (this may change with the dye system in 2.1). If for some reason you want to take $10 worth of mats artifice them up and sell the final product for $8 that is fine but don't pretend it is a good business strategy.
You stated "Artifice is the worst off crew skill right now"

That's what I was calling silly.

a) The grade 28 market is bad for ALL crew skills.
b) The grade 30 market is better for artifice than the other skills.

Armstech only makes 30 barrels. Cybertech armoring without set bonus and unlettered mods can be easily gotten from cheap belts/bracers (80 comms pfft). Synthweaving and Armormech don't have anything in the grade 30 market. Bio can't RE implants yet (bugged maybe?)

Artifice can learn both hilts AND low-endurance grade 30 enhancements that outclass the crappy high endurance ones you can buy with Underworld comms.

KarathAnno
05.11.2013 , 10:30 AM | #10
Armstech, Synthweaving and Armormech all make augments. Which for my Sythweaver and my friends Armstech have been profitable, as in selling more then the mats alone would.

Biochem makes reusable items which if you are running endgame stuff save a lot of credits over time. Also there is always a market for Stims and Medpacs which last time I looked was profitable.

Cybertech may be in the same situation as Artifice, I don't have that crew skill at a high enough level to know.