Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question: Augmentation Kits

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Question: Augmentation Kits

panjakrejn
04.30.2013 , 06:41 AM | #1
If I have an Augmentation Kit MK-9, but I am only level, say, 27 - can I put an MK-9 Aug Slot on a piece of equipment even though I can't put a high level Aug *into* that slot?

It occurs to me that if this is possible, it's more economical to put the MK-9's on the equipment right away (assuming that it's equipment you will be wearing forever) rather than going through different stages of aug kits?

wainot-keel
04.30.2013 , 06:46 AM | #2
That's a good question. I think the kit won't change the gear requirement level, the augment will. Can't say for sure, but it should be fairly easy to test. Just put a grade 2 kit on a level 9 gear (those are dirt cheap) and see if gear requirement goes up.

And yes, a change of clothes is expensive atm, lol

Godly_CzL
04.30.2013 , 08:53 AM | #3
You are correct. If you have a piece of orange gear, boots for instance that you really like the look of. You can add an MK-9 Kit onto them at any level. You can then just keep changing your Mods/enhancements/Augment out as you level. It would make NO sense to put on an MK-4, then upgrade to an MK-5 and so on. The only catch is if you put an MK-9 on and then decide to change that piece of gear out, the MK-9 package is lost, but you can of course recover the augment for a few thousand credits.

The augments that you can use inside ANY MK kit are LEVEL based. There is nothing you can do to change that. An MK-9 will not allow a level 35 to use an Augment that requires a level 45. But i would caution you against putting MK-9s on low level gear if this is your first toon. There are so many pieces of gear available as you level, there is not a good chance you stick with gear from your 20's-30's.

panjakrejn
04.30.2013 , 11:59 AM | #4
Currently I am on my first toon, level 52, and I realize that I have been spending (wasting) credit on upgrading the aug slots. So I asked this question for my 2nd toon once this one is done.

Thanks for the answer.