Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

2 Computers 1 Router

04.29.2013 , 09:55 PM | #1
I have an active account that I play - behind a router. My wife is wanting to play too, so I would like to get another account for her so we can play together.

I currently have my router pointing the appropriate ports to my computer.
How do I setup the 2nd computer? My router won't let me forward to an IP range, or allow me to have multiple entries of the same port.

Model name: Linksys E1000
Model number: E1000
Serial number: [doesnt matter]
Firmware version: 2.1.02 build 5
Operating system: Windows XP SP 3
Software version: 1.3.11069.2
Connection type (WAN): DHCP
IP address (LAN):
IP address (WAN): [doesnt matter]
Computer IP address:

04.29.2013 , 11:36 PM | #2
According to this it does. you may have to update your router firmware if its out of date.
Tanking is a Skill - Healing is an Art - DPS is a Science

04.30.2013 , 12:53 AM | #3
In my view,
delete this "appropriate ports to my computer." in your router, if you cant simply open the ports in a firewall on your router , turn that firewall off, I presume you have firewalls on your comps in any case.

04.30.2013 , 03:28 AM | #4
Check this out; it's a link to how to set up your particular router with SWTOR. Be advised you may have to update your firmware as noted above as I'm not familiar with your particular router, but you should be able to set it up for each computer's individual IP address.

04.30.2013 , 03:33 AM | #5
Ok I could be mistaken here but the OP wants to use 2 x computers at the same time to play SWTOR

Now port forward send assigned ports to 1 x IP address aka 1 x Computer this isn't what the OP is after.

Edit - so you think assigning the same ports twice will work ?

04.30.2013 , 05:17 AM | #6
You shouldn't need to do any port-forwarding. The wonderful world of uPNP should do everything for you.
Before you ask, yes, I do the same.
At home we have numerous computers. Both me and the wife have our own desktops and we can play side-by-side and without doing anything to the router.
The client will find its own way out and as long as the link was established by your client return traffic will be automatically routed.
Modern router with up to date firmware and it'll just work.

04.30.2013 , 05:42 AM | #7
Some routers do not handle this correctly though stoofa

Not sure if this is one of them though,2817,2365784,00.asp

04.30.2013 , 10:34 AM | #8
Couldn't you just buy a router splitter box?

04.30.2013 , 11:33 AM | #9
Any router that handles NAT (Network Address Translation) properly shouldn't require any fiddling with port forwarding in order to establish and maintain connections from multiple computers inside your network to the same outside network. NAT automatically negotiates different port numbers for each of your computers and handles forwarding the right packets to the right PC inside your LAN (local area network). As far as I know there isn't a reason for any router made in the last 10 to 15 years to not handle NAT properly. If it doesn't handle NAT properly, go buy a new router with all the new wireless protocols as well as NAT and hopefully gigabit wired ethernet.
Wizards First Rule: People are Stupid