Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Reverse Engineering doesn't give schematics but error msg

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Reverse Engineering doesn't give schematics but error msg

LeJarC
04.30.2013 , 05:02 AM | #1
With all of the rank 28 stuff that gets dug up by my seeker droid I was hoping to be able to get some new schematics when reaching the required crafting level to reverse engineer them.

Now that I finally reached that level, and passed it, I find that I can indeed reverse engineer those items and get some of the mats returned but I am not getting the schematics when it 'crits' (for lack of better word), instead of having learned a new schmatic I get told "you have insuffifient skill level".

Insufficient Skill Level ???? What The F....? My crafting skill level is way over the level reported by the items in their tooltips.

Belb
04.30.2013 , 10:00 AM | #2
You both need to required crafting level and player level... Just like my card buy and learn a lot of scematics cannot RE medbacks before I get to level 52.

Play some more before RE'ing- I also learned the hard way :P

LeJarC
04.30.2013 , 10:27 AM | #3
You are totally wrong, it is perfectly possible to craft and reverse engineer items above your level, even to learn the improved version schematics...you are only not able to use them yourself.. I've done this on all my toons and never found I couldn't learn a new schematic because the item had higher lvl requirement to use than the character that crafted it. Besides that, the toon I encountered above situation on has already reached lvl 55 some time ago and is near the crafting cap of 450 so... hate to break it to you but seems you're wrong on both counts, I've both the required use level AND the required crafting level...

RobHampshire
04.30.2013 , 10:34 AM | #4
I found that with the Cybertech crafting skill, I could reverse engineer the green stuff at 430 I think, but for the blues you have to have a skill of 440. makes absolutely no sense to me, but I was able to learn the schematics at that point and I stopped getting the error message you speak of.

I don't remember from the top of my head, but I think the ones I got the error message for, automatically unlocked the blues when I hit that level, though I could very easily be mistaken.

Hope that helps.