Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Physical Security Key won't work

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

LycosKing
04.29.2013 , 10:31 PM | #1
It says my security key is wrong when I try to use it. I know it's the right key and I have to remove right after I link it to access my account. Why is it telling me the key is wrong? I've written it down and typed it in right but it keeps saying that it's the wrong code. I really need help here because I spent $5 on the physical security key.

Beesodd
04.30.2013 , 02:45 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi LycosKing,

Do you get any error messages when you try to add the Key?

Does it appear to add the key, or give an indication of success?

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

LycosKing
04.30.2013 , 02:57 AM | #3
It says the key was successfully added but when i go to login the next time it tells me I'm inputting the wrong key. I've written the key down exactly as the security key has it and made sure that the key, what I've written and what I've typed are all exactly the same and it still won't accept the key.

Beesodd
04.30.2013 , 03:04 AM | #4 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hi again,

There is a time limit on the keys once the button is pressed, perhaps the step of writing it down is leading to too much time being used. Try typing the code directly from the Key, and see if the same issue occurs. Also, if you have a mobile Key attached, please remove this as you can only have one type of key attached at a time.

Beesodd | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support| Find help for all EA Games at Answer HQ.

LycosKing
04.30.2013 , 03:11 AM | #5
Do i need to add the dashes in the serial number?

Beesodd
04.30.2013 , 03:18 AM | #6 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
You shouldn't need to use the dashes, no.

Just to test, I went through the process of removing and re-adding a Key to an account, and it seems to be working now. It's possible that there was a website issue earlier which led to the issue you were seeing, can you try again to see if adding the key sticks?

LycosKing
04.30.2013 , 03:19 AM | #7
After it says the security key was successfully added I get this message when I attempt to login again.
"Sorry, we couldn't find your code. Try again?"
I'm entering the code almost as soon as it is given to me.

Beesodd
04.30.2013 , 03:25 AM | #8 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I see. Please try unticking "remember this account" and re-entering your details.

If the issue persists, please navigate to the main game folder, and run the fixlauncher.exe that can be found there. This is in case the launcher is the sticking point.

Edit: are you seeing a situation similar to what can be seen here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=632812

LycosKing
04.30.2013 , 03:38 AM | #9
No. It's acting like it's not actually setting it to my account even though it says it's set. It's also doing it on this website. And fixlaucher.exe didn't fix the problem.

Beesodd
04.30.2013 , 03:47 AM | #10 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
I see. It's looking like the Key is being added on this side, but being removed shortly after. I take it that this is you removing it after it fails to work, so that you can respond to me? Can you try adding it again, and waiting about 20 minutes before trying to log into the launcher, in case the system is just slow to update in your case.