Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Worst/Most pointless companions in the game?

Bytemite
04.25.2013 , 12:54 PM | #221
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaloss View Post
You do realise that getting her to stay with you without turning her to Sith IS manipulation?
A tactic in psychological warfare also known as "holybbqsawce so many companion gifts it is like togruta lifeday christmas and twenty birthday parties combined."

krakadyla
04.25.2013 , 01:13 PM | #222
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaloss View Post
You do realise that getting her to stay with you without turning her to Sith IS manipulation?
You don't get her to stay. You have an option, but there's also an option to say "I don't care, get lost" to her "Wah wah what should I dooooo?" Which makes her decision to tag along even more stupid -
Spoiler

Highborne
04.25.2013 , 05:54 PM | #223
Quote: Originally Posted by Guildrum View Post
So in your opinion, who do you think is the most pointless/overall worst companion in the game? I have not made more than one class to 50, but I have to saw I fail to see the point in Bowdaar for the Smuggler. His only real redeeming quality, is that he's a wookiee.

Seriously, he's, 1. Melodramatic: (I die! Go on without me!) 2. He was SWTOR's equivalent to a WWE wrestler (His fights with Drooga were staged) 3. He's no better at tanking than Corso, and no better at DPS than Akaavi. 4. He sits in the KITCHEN all day surrounded by ALCOHOL, pretty sure Wookiees are not supposed to drink... If I had the choice, I would have made him, 1. Less of a "wannabe noble savage" and 2. Made him act more independent, I mean, the guy was a slave until I saved his butt, once he was freed, don't you think that he might I dunno... Take advantage of that?

Sure, the guy's useful to have on the ship though... So no one steals it again while I am gone. Who is your least favorite companion? And how could they be made better?
I've got at least one of each class, and I can say this: Xalek (Inquisitor) is the most two-dimensional companion of them all, closely followed by M1-4X (Trooper).

C'mon, Bioware - I know Xalek doesn't like idle chatter, fair enough. But can't you at least make him something other than a douchebag wannabe Sith who thinks he has to out-Sith his own Master? I'd say "develop him", but there's not even enough personality to do that from. Just give us the option of ditching him and replacing him with some other tank.....please?

Highborne
04.25.2013 , 06:02 PM | #224
Quote: Originally Posted by krakadyla View Post
You don't get her to stay. You have an option, but there's also an option to say "I don't care, get lost" to her "Wah wah what should I dooooo?" Which makes her decision to tag along even more stupid -
Spoiler
Yeah, that was a headshaker. But it's explained by remembering three things about Ashara:

Spoiler

That said, bioware could have played it significantly better than they did - although she does flesh out nicely as you have conversations with her. She stops whinging fairly quickly once she has time to settle into her new role, after all - now that she knows what to expect, she's more thoughtful.

She's actually one of my favourite companions of all, in fact.

Highborne
04.25.2013 , 06:03 PM | #225
Quote: Originally Posted by Uvirith View Post
Lieutenant Iresso.
Seriously, the guy has the personality of a bowl of cold soup. I dont think the guy has ever seen the outside of any Consular-Starship.
He is actually that forgettable that no one here even bothers to name him. He actually is to useless to be considered useless
Tell me about it. For some reason, he SUCKS as a tank, too - and it was a serious coinflip whether or not to even bother romancing him, affection gains aside.

HaoZhao
04.27.2013 , 11:40 AM | #226
I started a smuggler a couple of days ago and Corso Riggs is already my most hated companion of all time. Despite not being white, he manages to act like white trash every time he opens his mouth. Why would anyone at BioWare write a character like this?

Ziffron
04.27.2013 , 02:38 PM | #227
Here's my list from every class I've played:

Jedi Knight - Rusk...What, exactly, is his point in being on the ship other than to annoy me?

Jedi Consular - I HATE, and I mean HATE - Zenith. He's so pointless and is pretty much the anti-jedi mind set

Smuggler - CORSO! I wish I had the option of flushing him out the airlock!

Imp. Agent - Kaliyo. I hate this obnoxious, self absorbed, horribly written excuse for a tank

bounty Hunter - Skadge! Why do I have to have him around exactly?

...Did I forget to mention Corso?
The Tetra Legacy
Never Retreat
Never Surrender
The Force is with you, Now and Always

Bytemite
04.27.2013 , 02:46 PM | #228
I think Bioware was going for making the Smuggler's crew as close to Han Solo's as possible, so Corso is "farmboy but with hidden soldier/underworld depths" as a twist on Luke Skywalker "farmboy with hidden jedi significance/past depths."

Only I'm not sure Corso ever grows out of certain issues the same way Luke does or that his hidden depths ever really become relevant the way Luke's do. And he does that whole patronizing possessive thing with fem!smugglers that makes it sort of 50/50 whether people can tolerate him.

I don't really mind the accent, I live in the southwest US, people around here actually do talk like that. It's more Corso's personality flaws that get to me.

SithKoriandr
04.27.2013 , 05:31 PM | #229
On the plus side, his (Corso's) "Now your dumb, ugly and dead" is more fun to listen to than "Kolto bomb incoming."

I was going to use Doc as my JK's companion, but Kira's combat lines are just more fun. Makes me wish they'd give us options to say things like that when we attack.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Bytemite
04.27.2013 , 07:54 PM | #230
I like both Kira and doc's lines. Like "You may experience some discomfort" when you stab a guy. Medical humour can be dark, but also hilarious.