Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Huttball Championships - Rebels vs Separatists

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Huttball Championships - Rebels vs Separatists

tunewalker
04.27.2013 , 07:43 AM | #121
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Concerning Grievous: His abilities in the mini-series are clearly grossly exaggerated in comparison with his later abilities. So for the purpose of debate only Grievous' abilities displayed in TCW and the RoTS should be considered canon.
I will actually argue against this not all of those people he fought were masters and i would say many of them were countered by Greivous do to style type diffrences giving him the advantage as many of the people their were ataru users. Also that particular event happened after a great battle with the droids of which we know there was a lot still left. Some of those jedi were consumed by fear and others had become reckless but they were all shown to be extremely tired this is something that greivous could easily play against. with 3 masters 2 jedi knights and an unfortunate padawan that gets overwhelmed with out a fight. Couple of the jedi knights are unknown as to what style they used but they were very clearly already tired and may have been unable to use the best of their abilities. 2 of the masters were ataru users and again we know after prolonged fights ataru users can become over whelm easily do to exhaustion something that has clearly happened after the harsh battle from before never the less one of the masters who is ataru is the last one standing and holding greivous off a great testament to that masters skills. The last master is listed as having some skill with form V but its unclear as to whether that is shien or djem so and is most likely shien the only problem is they are noted for have just SOME skill and if shien its generally not known for doing well against a single agile melee opponent unlike the Djem So Luke uses or the Juyo forms used by Galen and Rhom. Also most of the opponents Greivous is known for taking out are Ataru users most likely do to his training from Dooku while he uses a mix of every form one of the masters that faces him notes that his style is actually most like makashi probably subconciously that Greivous is unaware of do to his training with Dooku. With the percision of makashi and multiple blades it would be a fairly good counter as it can shut down an ataru users mobility and the percise stikes means even if the user dodges one blade another could pottentially catch it mid air. For this reason I do not find the feat of beating those 5 jedi to be outside of the abilities Greivous has shown.

Beniboybling
04.27.2013 , 08:19 AM | #122
I would disagree, he managed to defeat Shaak Ti without even engaging her in lightsaber combat, claiming she is 'tired'. Tired is one thing, but down right incompetent is something Ti is not.

Whereas this would suggest that Grievous is nowhere near as effective against mutliple opponents as the mini series makes him out to be. A group of Gungans scored more hits against Grievous than five Jedi managed to do, three of whom were exceptional lightsaber duelists. There is a clear discrepancy here.

Warren-Stride
04.27.2013 , 08:58 AM | #123
You should call it now Beni. I'm not in the mood to go 3v1 today.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

tunewalker
04.27.2013 , 12:34 PM | #124
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
I would disagree, he managed to defeat Shaak Ti without even engaging her in lightsaber combat, claiming she is 'tired'. Tired is one thing, but down right incompetent is something Ti is not.

Whereas this would suggest that Grievous is nowhere near as effective against mutliple opponents as the mini series makes him out to be. A group of Gungans scored more hits against Grievous than five Jedi managed to do, three of whom were exceptional lightsaber duelists. There is a clear discrepancy here.
he did seem to engage in combat there that was after she defeated a host of magna droids and had been hit multiple times her nervous system is still being affected you can see him easily shunt her saber aside seems to me like her powerful ataru strikes are gone from all the pain and how tired she is even in a deleted scene in episode 3 Greivous has a captured Shaak Ti whom of course he kills right in front of anakin and obi-wan. And of course according to the wookie these things are cannon not to mention as I have shown they dont neccisarily show him doing anything more or less impressive then what you linked in the new series. He (as dooku suggested he must) had defeated her before he engaged her by breaking her body ,and possibly her spirit, with his units before engaging her. Against the Gungans he did the same thing the jedi end up doing against the magna droids he underestimates them he isnt force sensitive so he would likely underestimate them and they seem to potentially be quite skilled in melee combat this to me seems like underestimating a group of non force sensitives thats just my opinion of course.

P.S against the gungans he isnt just fighting melee opponents but ranged as well this seems to establish that he is only truely capable of facing one type of opponent at a time as he is not force sensitive he can not defend against ranged attacks the same way that jedi do he does so by spinning his sabers at high speeds something he cant do and hope to survive skilled melee opponenents.

P.S.S I actually dont wish you to give up warren you have brought up some very good points and put me on the track of what to argue I never wanted you to feel defeated and I believe the seps are very skilled and powerful warriors I just have been saying I believe the rebels are better.

ZahirS
04.27.2013 , 02:08 PM | #125
Quote: Originally Posted by Warren-Stride View Post
Most of your Sep videos are actually examples of them being awesome and beating people up.

But addressing the troops, you are wrong. Obvious due to your video choice for Droid Commandos, you simply do not know what they are. They are NOT the B1s you seem to imagine they are. I encourage you to watch my video for Commando droids and realize what, exactly, is actually being debated here.

Also, I have yet to hear of any actual accomplishments these Rebel Commandos have done. Saying Droids<Clones<Rebels is NOT a valid argument, seeing as it's simply not true (or cannon) and makes no sense if you have nothing to justify it. I need a REASON why these Rebel Commandos are so great. Not just that they are. I myself will admit to not even knowing what they truly are, simply because we have no examples of their actions. That is why I assumed you were referring to the Rebels that were protecting the Rebel Princess, which got slaughtered very easily by the Empire you say the Rebels automatically trump.
Check out beni's link, Alliance Special Forces are the best of the best. Capable of on taking out droids considered their training, skill and weapons, why they are better than droids (Top-notch droids)?

Clones had training and also intuitive battle tactics which were superior to droid programming, thats a big gap.

Then the Alliance Special Forces are those that oppose even Shadow Troopers well you can see how good the Alliance Spec Forces are against even camoflaged enemies

tunewalker
04.27.2013 , 06:16 PM | #126
Actually I have a question which regiment are the special forces from considering this is huttball and it is random draw i suggest not having all 4 from the same regiment so which regiments would the 4 special forces people be from.

Warren-Stride
04.27.2013 , 07:44 PM | #127
If the support troops were supposed to be the best each army had to offer, Seps should have had MagnaGuards.
~~ AiR ~~
What are you more afraid of?
A weapon that could destroy you?
Or a weapon that could turn you into a monster?

tunewalker
04.27.2013 , 08:31 PM | #128
If the support troops were supposed to be the best each army had to offer, Seps should have had MagnaGuards.
I partially agree honostly but I think it was mostly thought that he wanted the 4 support troops of each team to be even which is why I am asking which regiments each of the 4 would be from or if there is way to determine by random draw each different regiment (I personally wouldnt include the 7th maybe by roll of a 6 sided die to decide which regiment the 4 are from rolling the die 4 times and which ever number comes up is the regiment they are from).

ZahirS
04.28.2013 , 01:15 AM | #129
Seps already been defeated, beni called it already, deal with it....wait you can't you bad girl

Beniboybling
04.28.2013 , 03:29 AM | #130
Its not, really. They're simply meant to be ground forces from each team that are fairly equal in combat. I feel commando droids are a match for Alliance SpecForces.

Anyways, it would seem its time to call this soon and I will do so as soon as I have time.