Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

Coldin
04.25.2013 , 12:14 PM | #2331
Quote: Originally Posted by HuaRya View Post
Things seem to now be back to where they were before the 2.0 patch. Random PUG teams consisting of casual players and casual guilds are often up against single or dual premades from competitive guilds. Since the matching system doesn't seem able to produce a cohesive team the matches are entirely lopsided. While the premade has tank/heals/dps the random pug team is usually dps based and most times lacking any healers.

I don't know if the devs are still entertaining the notion that a randomly thrown together players can out perform an organized team but if this were poker it would be like the premade knowing it always has a full house while the the pug team draws it's from the deck.
Yep. Still a pretty big problem that the queue really fails to have any kind of matchmaking system. I'll say it's a little better than it was pre-2.0, simply because the gear advantage isn't what it once was. I'm not seeing 14k health sorcs going up against 28k warriors for instance. That's not to say there still isn't a small gear (or bolster) advantage going on, but it's not making lopsided matches even more lopsided.

Jadescythe
04.25.2013 , 12:15 PM | #2332
*Double Facepalm*
The Original Aether Legacy
Erza-Jugg / Saberscythe-Mara / Atropo-Sorc
Patharos-Guardian / Kadinne-Vanguard / Aquilo-Sage
Prophecy of the Five

Zunayson
04.25.2013 , 01:15 PM | #2333
My competitive premade (Not super leet pro or anything) always gets exceptionally bad pugs on my team and we always go against the four man premades of the people who left the guild I'm playing with now.

On my server, bad pugs seem to be ruining it.
Quote: Originally Posted by cycao
Next time you hear about someone getting raped ask them if it was like PvP in an MMO.
Quote: Originally Posted by Aragost View Post
Make sure you take 3/3 in the "knowing how to play" box

L-RANDLE
04.25.2013 , 01:21 PM | #2334
Quote: Originally Posted by Jadescythe View Post
*Double Facepalm*
/joingyouonthefacepalm
PvP Gear Viability? Read this first.
Tired of being broke? Stop being Felica and read this.
I'm not trying to be Rambo..... I'm trying to be Ray Tango

Nassik
04.25.2013 , 10:06 PM | #2335
Coming back to PVP after a long break I see that pre-mades still rule the roost.

A night consisting of an unbroken string of losses isn't terribly thrilling. You can tell you're up against a pre-made because they're too well-coordinated. They know where you are and where you're hitting and they swoop in and pounce. It's too precise to be a PUG team.

I'm stunned that Bioware still hasn't kicked pre-mades out of the solo queue. It is called "solo" queue, after all.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian

Kontraz
04.25.2013 , 10:26 PM | #2336
Quote: Originally Posted by Nassik View Post
Coming back to PVP after a long break I see that pre-mades still rule the roost.

A night consisting of an unbroken string of losses isn't terribly thrilling. You can tell you're up against a pre-made because they're too well-coordinated. They know where you are and where you're hitting and they swoop in and pounce. It's too precise to be a PUG team.

I'm stunned that Bioware still hasn't kicked pre-mades out of the solo queue. It is called "solo" queue, after all.
We don't solo queue, we group queue. It's a secret option that comes up when you're grouped with friends and want to warzone. Don't tell other players about it though, because it's obviously cheating.

Nassik
04.25.2013 , 11:17 PM | #2337
Sarcasm aside, the point remains. Groups have no place going up against solo queuers. It's an unfair match-up. Groups versus groups and solo versus solo.
July 21st 2011.. The Dark Day Bioware pissed on Australia with a little yellow paragraph.

I used to be part of the Community, now I'm just Australian

Kontraz
04.25.2013 , 11:28 PM | #2338
Quote: Originally Posted by Nassik View Post
Sarcasm aside, the point remains. Groups have no place going up against solo queuers. It's an unfair match-up. Groups versus groups and solo versus solo.
I can't think of any game that prevents players from playing as groups. Hell, even games like Halo or Planetside allow players to group up.

And keep in mind, not all guilds that PvP together are elite warzone addicts that just want to wave our epeens around. Some of us would rather just play casually with friends.

Keep in mind that servers aren't exactly overflowing with members at the moment. We now have THREE brackets for PvP as it is (a huge mistake in my opinion). Four if you include ranked. Splitting the three standard into six (1 variant each for solo and grouped) would mean seven brackets. Queues would be insanely long!

TonyDragonflame
04.26.2013 , 04:22 PM | #2339
Quote: Originally Posted by Kontraz View Post
Keep in mind that servers aren't exactly overflowing with members at the moment. We now have THREE brackets for PvP as it is (a huge mistake in my opinion). Four if you include ranked. Splitting the three standard into six (1 variant each for solo and grouped) would mean seven brackets. Queues would be insanely long!
Solo players dont care how long will be queue for premades.

But I can promise, what solo only queue will be fast

This game looks like piece of sh*t for individual players, when you play solo pug and everytime meet on regular wz high ranked premade on opposite side.
May the Force be with you!
Vigilance vr 100 | Scrapper vr 91 | Focus vr 91 | Assault vr 88 | Infiltration v 82 | Sharpshooter v 73
Manhunter 110+k killed imps | TRE | ToFN

Kontraz
04.26.2013 , 04:31 PM | #2340
Quote: Originally Posted by TonyDragonflame View Post
Solo players dont care how long will be queue for premades.

But I can promise, what solo only queue will be fast

This game looks like piece of sh*t for individual players, when you play solo pug and everytime meet on regular wz high ranked premade on opposite side.
Queues on my server can often take 30 min during prime time. Take away any group queue amd that time will only increase