Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 05: Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Plo Koon

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
The BattleZone! Round 1 Match 05: Qui-Gon Jinn vs. Plo Koon

ZahirS
04.18.2013 , 10:01 PM | #141
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
We tried Revan, but it didn't turn out well. But thanks for the compliment. I guess I kind of got tired of all of the lopsided matches.
Fair enough, I wished to get Revan back into matches because I know how to do it justice, he was more a message than an actual fighter.

I will follow the next matches closely, but you will probably find same fanboyism in Bane or Exan Kun maybe even more?

Ventessel
04.18.2013 , 10:14 PM | #142
Quote: Originally Posted by ZahirS View Post
Fair enough, I wished to get Revan back into matches because I know how to do it justice, he was more a message than an actual fighter.

I will follow the next matches closely, but you will probably find same fanboyism in Bane or Exan Kun maybe even more?
It goes against every cautionary bone in my body, but I can't let a statement like that stand. Revan was a consummate fighter, he just also had a very unique view of the Force and made some interesting choices.

As for "fanboyism", I hate that term. While it exists, far more often I see people throwing that term "across the aisle" to support their own arguments, as opposed to actually pointing out when people are ignoring inconvenient facts/imagining their favored character to be invincible. When you're dealing with characters in the power tier of Revan, Exar Kun, and Bane (who stand up there with Vader, Malgus, etc.) it's really a knife's edge of difference between their combat abilities and accomplishments.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

marcelo_sdk
04.19.2013 , 04:13 PM | #143
Next Match! Next Match!
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow] | Darth Kamul [Zabrak Sith Assassin]

Beniboybling
04.20.2013 , 03:45 AM | #144
Quote: Originally Posted by marcelo_sdk View Post
Next Match! Next Match!
Seconded!

Aurbere
04.20.2013 , 01:55 PM | #145
Next Match! Next Match!
Just hold your horses. I'll probably get it posted tomorrow.
Added Chapter 35 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Aurbere
04.21.2013 , 08:42 AM | #146
Sick today, probably won't get the next match posted.
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Beniboybling
04.21.2013 , 01:22 PM | #147
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Sick today, probably won't get the next match posted.
No rush, I hope you get well soon!

marcelo_sdk
04.25.2013 , 02:37 PM | #148
I see random versus topics flooding the forum again. We really need this tournament back.
THE SHEPARD LEGACY

Master Goldrinn Shepard [Human Jedi Guardian] | Darth Saeros [Cyborg Sith Jugg.]
Erendis Barsen'thor [Human Jedi Shadow] | Darth Kamul [Zabrak Sith Assassin]

Beniboybling
04.28.2013 , 03:31 AM | #149
I see random versus topics flooding the forum again. We really need this tournament back.
Help us Aurbere, you're are only hope!

Aurbere
04.28.2013 , 09:29 AM | #150
I'll be working on the next one soon. Would have had it posted sooner, but I had some problems. My illness worsened. I was unexpectedly busy with college work, and personal issues. Plus I've been doing extensive research on Agen Kolar, still haven't found a great deal of information. I'll end up doing some theorizing, most likely.

I have a few errands to run, and then I'll start working on the next match.