Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[BUG] Cademimu HM 55 Broken shackles

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Arancha
04.24.2013 , 09:58 AM | #1
During our run after the patch we noticed that the shackles do not break if someone runs against them. More than that, the erson that came to break them, got shackled as well

smokesnake
04.24.2013 , 10:48 AM | #2
I know sometimes I have to make sure I run directly through them and pause for a second. but don't know since I haven't been on yet today.

Grimsblood
04.24.2013 , 12:36 PM | #3
The group I was in for group finder experienced this as well. I am in the process of uploading a video of it. Should be up by the end of the day.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

Soxbadger
04.24.2013 , 12:51 PM | #4
Force speed is definitely bugged when it comes to breaking shackles. I was hoping it was fixed with the patch. But you cant break shackles when you are in force speed, which is a real pain.

Elear
04.24.2013 , 12:55 PM | #5
Also had this bug. Tank was sitting there shackled, I've been trying to run over him and break them without succes. Only after getting shackled myself and breaking them with force camo I managed to break shackles on tank. During our second run same thing happened.

Grimsblood
04.24.2013 , 02:49 PM | #6
http://youtu.be/4L3FCSNNebQ Here is the nice spify video.
DPS is science. Healing is art. Tanking is strategy.
Hippolytà - Level 50 Sentinel - Grimsblood - Level 55 Sage
Saphyria - Level 55 Sniper - Fenrîr - Level 55 Gunslinger

Khevar
04.24.2013 , 02:49 PM | #7
I was shackled when the boss died and combat ended, and I remained shackled.

The others tried to run through and break the shackles, but it didn't work as the fight was over.

I logged out and back in to fix it.

ScytheEleven
04.24.2013 , 03:33 PM | #8
Confirmed!

Either remove the shackles, or fix this please

EricMusco
04.24.2013 , 03:42 PM | #9 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
I did some research into this and I wanted to pass on the details of exactly what is happening with this bug and its current workaround while we work on a fix.

When fighting General Ortoll, throughout the fight he will throw shackles on a player and all players in that immediate area. Typically, what needs to happen is that a player needs to run across a shackled player in order to break them free.

Here is what the bug is causing to happen. If you are the original target of the shackle, you can still be broken out normally without any issues but what is happening incorrectly is that if any additional players are hit by the shackle, they cannot be broken out by another player. However, any form of CC break ability that player has will still work.

The only current workarounds for the issue is to 1) make sure you are spread out so no additional players are shackled and 2) save your personal CC break should you get hit by it. Again, the bugged shackles should only be affecting any additional targets who were hit by it that were not the original target!

I will work on getting this on the known issues list. Thank you all for your reports I will get an update posted as soon as I know more, we are actively on fixing this issue.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

Elear
04.24.2013 , 04:43 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Here is what the bug is causing to happen. If you are the original target of the shackle, you can still be broken out normally without any issues but what is happening incorrectly is that if any additional players are hit by the shackle, they cannot be broken out by another player. However, any form of CC break ability that player has will still work.
I'm not sure, but I think it's a litle bit different issue.
From my experience and this mention about primary/secondary targets, it seems like issue is schackless not appearing/working on secondary targets, and also being unbreakable by normal means. So only thing affecting secondary targets is fact that they can't break out others(but then they don't need breaking out themselves, because they are not affected by root).
There are 2 things I noticed in my attempts today that support this version. First, I'm almost certain we didn't get more than one snare in single hit at any time, and it was always melee that had trouble breaking out shackles on other melee. Secondly, as I've mentioned earlier, I couldn't break shackles on tank untill I got shackled myself, used root break and then ran to free him.

Sure, I could be wrong, but if not, it means workaround is a little bit different. - if you can't stay apart(3 melee), task person that can(healer) with always breaking out affected target.