Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Seeker Droid is absolute WASTE OF TIME

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Seeker Droid is absolute WASTE OF TIME

Vis-Tecum
04.19.2013 , 08:41 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Firebyrde View Post
Incorrect. In the main questline there are NO clues. Ex: "Use your seeker droid to collect the seeds from Alderaan, Balmorra, and Voss."

It doesn't say to look under trees, sensors, etc. I've been there for 3 days now and spent 9 hours scanning near and around the indicated area.
it tells you right where to look the dread seed areas are not that big lol. just follow the suggested direction, takes no longer then a couple minutes to find the dread seed

found all the seeds in a couple hours and that was mostly travel time to the different planets, chasing down that guy is a very fun reward too
Just go riding right by me on the crest of the new wave

LadyDrusilla
04.19.2013 , 08:47 PM | #22
I've not spent more than five minutes searching for any specific seed without using any scanner enhancements. It's not at all hard if you know what you are doing. Searching for an ultra rare item at random dig sites is more time consuming but I've looted a vehicle part, 5-6 orange-blue items and 30 mods from a half our stint at one site so can't complain really.

This seems to boil down to knowing what you are doing, if you pay attention to the quests and read the instructions etc. it is easy. If not, then it is hard. The actual game mechanic is well thought of and very fun, a much more interesting mini-game than pazaak or sabaac.
This blonde loves her Hutts, the bigger, the better.

Monoth
04.19.2013 , 09:49 PM | #23
*** Whipish *** RUN MY LITTLE HAMSTERS RUN ***Whipish*

It's great content if you like doing it over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over....... well you get the point
F2P is like driving on a long stretch of highway with toll booths every 1/2 mile

Dinoviking
04.19.2013 , 10:54 PM | #24
It's archaeology from WoW all over again.

I HATED archaeology.

That being said, it is, indeed, entirely optional. If you don't like how it works (and I don't), just ignore it (which I have). I personally find it to be aggravating in the extreme. I hate every minute of it. The people saying "just follow the directions" don't seem to understand that many times the directions are vague, and often the area listed is quite large. Looking for landmarks doesn't always work, as some of those are also hard to pick out. Using the macrobinoculars doesn't help either. I tried it. Every time I've tried that, the area highlighted is in the middle of a mountain, on top of a tree, or inside a hovertank. The entire mechanic is bugged, broken, useless, and extremely frustrating. I would rather set my hair on fire than do these missions.

So, quite simply, I don't. I'm not the only person playing this game, and some people like this stuff. They enjoy the mechanic, they don't have the same issues with it that I do, and they do the quests without any problems. I say, more power to 'em. Anyone who actually enjoys the seeker droid and the related quests, go for it. Have fun. Anyone who doesn't necessarily enjoy it, but has no issues with the mechanic, great. Have at it. Me, I hate it with a passion and will never use it again. I have that option. A lot of the people I see complaining about the seeker seem to do so as if it was somehow REQUIRED to play or advance the game. It is not. It is OPTIONAL. I am choosing the option not to use it. Understanding the difference marks the line between a complaint post with some degree of merit, and a blatant whine for the sake of whining. I am complaining. I am not whining. That is because I can simply ignore the whole thing and go do something else.

Just my 2 credits. Your mileage may vary, of course.

Have a nice day.
LFG Fippy Darkpaw. PST.

Creslan
04.19.2013 , 11:51 PM | #25
Seeker and Macrobinocular quests are some of the best quest's they released.

They seeker droid is like that addicting claw maching that keeps dropping the prize back into the pit. You end up spending $100 dollars for a 25 cent stuffed animal, but it's still fun. The green and gray drops have netted me over 200,000 credits in a day.

Macrbinocular is one of the most fun and entertaining quests I've done. I really hope more quests are like this arc.

I hope they continue to add seeker/binocular quests and missions in future content.

/thumbs up

RDX-TWO
05.10.2013 , 04:11 PM | #26
This mission is the biggest piece of crap I have ever seen in my life, 3 F***ing hours of searching for a seed on tat filled up 5 inventory of crap and still no seed good job Bioware keep up the sh*t work.
FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription
and some of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link

http://www.swtor.com/r/YBjFlc
I am also getting something out of it so Thx

zzoorrzz
05.10.2013 , 04:15 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RDX-TWO View Post
This mission is the biggest piece of crap I have ever seen in my life, 3 F***ing hours of searching for a seed on tat filled up 5 inventory of crap and still no seed good job Bioware keep up the sh*t work.
I think I couldn't manage looking for a seed for so long even if I tried. How did you do that?

Tweaked
05.10.2013 , 04:19 PM | #28
thats gotta be you dude.

zzoorrzz
05.10.2013 , 04:22 PM | #29
You probably happened to dig in the wrong area, There's a crash site on tat, where you dig up stuff, but NOT the seed. There's different area for seed not so far fro mthe crash site if I remember correctly.

RDX-TWO
05.10.2013 , 04:25 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by zzoorrzz View Post
You probably happened to dig in the wrong area, There's a crash site on tat, where you dig up stuff, but NOT the seed. There's different area for seed not so far fro mthe crash site if I remember correctly.
You think i am a moron or what it shows on your mission log where to dig and the seed is still not coming up
FREE character transfer and 7 FREE days of subscription
and some of other useful stuff by clicking my referral link

http://www.swtor.com/r/YBjFlc
I am also getting something out of it so Thx