Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A serious issue for a PvP Die-Hard.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
A serious issue for a PvP Die-Hard.

Scotland
04.19.2013 , 02:15 PM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by Skylarc View Post
PvE already makes next to nothing. Max level dailies give like 8,100 credits. That's laughable.
It makes far more than PVP, which is what this thread is about.

durrrrrrrrr

P.S. "The almighty says, don't change the subject, just answer the *********** question"

Smackethdown
04.19.2013 , 02:20 PM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
You are just ignoring everything everyone is saying. Everyone can sell things on the GTN the disparity comes from what people do while waiting for things to sell. He isn't asking for everything in the game. Neither am I.

You keep telling people how much money you make on the GTN. That's great for you. But look at this:

- PvE = great way to make creds.

- Play the GTN = great way to make creds

- Run companion missions sell mats = great way to make creds

- PvP = not viable for making creds.

Why is it that PvP players absolutely must take part in an aspect of the game they don't like to make credits? PvE players that don't want to craft anything or sell mats will have no trouble making credits but a PvP player that doesn't is being lazy and that's why he is broke?

PvP players are at a clear disadvantage when it comes to making credits. So they have to supplement their credits by playing parts of the game they don't want to. This simply isn't the case for PvE players. If they don't want to deal with the GTN they don't have to. They can do the dailies and make creds hand over fist. Even if they don't like the planetary dailies there is a bevy of FP/Op dailies and weeklies available to them. That all reward credits and comms (comms they don't have to trade in for credits like the PvP cash boxes). There are so many ways for PvE players to make credits by just going out and killing things it's ridiculous.

So at the end a PvP player must play in all aspects of the game to make a decent mount of credits. A PvE player can only do what they want and still make enough to buy whatever they need.
So glad some people understand and can talk about this like a civilized human.

We aren't asking for anything that would harm the PvE world. Quite frankly, we are fine staying out of your way forever! Just give us whats needs to make the game more enjoyable.

Striders
04.19.2013 , 03:23 PM | #113
I am somewhat in the same boat as I typically just log in to PVP and that is all.

What I have chosen to do in the post 2.0 world is that I essentially park my toon on Makeb (which thankfully has a PVP mission terminal) and I run dailies while waiting or queues to pop. It beats standing around Fleet staring at everyone while I wait and I am making 7k-8k per mission minimum.

If I complete the whole set of dailies that's 100k or more (per day mind you) and I am getting my PVP matches in. It's really about what your priority is.
The Strider Legacy - <STOIC>
Vubo (SGE) | Explosivė (VAN) | Aelei (GRD) | Shrapnel (COM) | Rockėr (GUN) | Tijeras (SEN) | Dėuce (SCD)
Plaguė (MRD) | Torrėnt (MRC) | Scourgė (INQ) | Salandėr (AGT)

Smackethdown
04.19.2013 , 05:00 PM | #114
Quote: Originally Posted by Striders View Post
I am somewhat in the same boat as I typically just log in to PVP and that is all.

What I have chosen to do in the post 2.0 world is that I essentially park my toon on Makeb (which thankfully has a PVP mission terminal) and I run dailies while waiting or queues to pop. It beats standing around Fleet staring at everyone while I wait and I am making 7k-8k per mission minimum.

If I complete the whole set of dailies that's 100k or more (per day mind you) and I am getting my PVP matches in. It's really about what your priority is.
This is a good solution, for you. Appreciate you not trolling but once again this is not what the thread is about. I went to Makeb to level because PvP is far too slow, another issue which I won't pry on, and that is enough PvE to hold me over until the next expansion.

Smackethdown
04.19.2013 , 05:17 PM | #115
Before people post about how to make credits one of the obvious ways that we already know, refer to the OP. This isn't saying there is no way to make credits at all. It is saying there is not sufficient credits from doing PvP. No matter what anyone comes on here are says about crafting, dailies, GTN or anything else, this still remains ture and IS an issue, whether you would like it to be or not.

EDIT: Moving this to the OP

TheronFett
04.19.2013 , 06:14 PM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by Capt_Beers View Post
I don't understand this post at all.

So while I'm PvPing I'm being a shiftless lay about but if I go to Makeb and pick up 10 macguffins I'm a hard working player deserving of my credits?

My cup of tea as you put it is PvP. Some people's cup of tea is PvE and they can earn their credits and have their tea so to speak. Why can't I do the same?
There is very little money in PvP. This is a fact. The income from PvP was nerfed more than 6 months ago. The game is not providing significant income building from PvP alone. Again, fact. Therefore, if you want money, you have to look to other options. Be it PvE dailies, playing the market, or crafting. What is so difficult to understand here?

Atramar
04.19.2013 , 06:35 PM | #117
uhh, I'm a gaming legend, the master of speeder, I hoover around fleet 4 hours a day, I want money for each full circle I do. I don't want much, I pay for the game and I demand credits.

on a side note. was already stated that best money is GTN. only PvE you need to do is Plaver vs Economy.
you can cry milion times that you can't get easy money just doing pvp. you gain small sums even if you lose. on pve if you lose you lose money. risk and gain. (I do agree it's a bit to small per WZ-a bit)

if you want good creds , do one of above... if you want just to pvp, then just pvp. no one is forcing you to do anything...
we gave you every possible way to make money. if you still refuse to even try GTN (it's on a fleet) then sorry. I want money for every lap I do on the fleet. Doh.. (joking, I don't do laps, it's even more boring then dailies).

while you QQ that you want money JUST from que WZ, I made 1,5kk selling on GTN today (bad sells, usualy more).

GL HF.
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Jherad
04.19.2013 , 09:07 PM | #118
Quote: Originally Posted by TheronFett View Post
There is very little money in PvP. This is a fact. The income from PvP was nerfed more than 6 months ago. The game is not providing significant income building from PvP alone. Again, fact. Therefore, if you want money, you have to look to other options. Be it PvE dailies, playing the market, or crafting. What is so difficult to understand here?
Er... hence the point of this thread? Asking for a change to monetary rewards for PvP?

/scratches head
Zacharļah - Commando / Chasso - Merc
Zachariah's Merc/Mando PvP Guides
2.4 is the PvP Patch! ... J/K, Removing RWZs trolololol

TheronFett
04.20.2013 , 12:00 AM | #119
Quote: Originally Posted by Jherad View Post
Er... hence the point of this thread? Asking for a change to monetary rewards for PvP?

/scratches head
You're still not getting it. I want a sammich right now, so BioWare should make it for me. That has about as much of a point as this thread.

OP wants credits, but doesn't want to do what it takes to get them. Seriously, man. Learn to forum.

Kadlyin
04.20.2013 , 03:39 AM | #120
They really should just give us 1k per a kill maybe an extra 1k for a solo kill and call it a day....of course no one would want to defend that way so hmm..... How do you suggest they fix it. Also giving us credits based on kill might have the RPers up in arms on republic side.