Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

I have lost my raid spot... thanks to Bioware.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
I have lost my raid spot... thanks to Bioware.

Barrgil
04.09.2013 , 11:30 PM | #61
I haven't played this game in a while and can't play the DLC til Sunday so I don't know what's going on yet but I will tell you my attitude towards something like this.

Now I currently play WoW and this game, I enjoy both and I have plans to continue playing them. I play a DK and a monk in WoW and to be honest I have to possibly be one of the worst DKs ever to touch the game haha but my guild still accepts me into raids and my other friend's guild usually invites me over to come help them in theirs. I don't know why but their attitude towards this is the same as mine in a sense. I may be doing lowest dps in the entire instance (sometimes I top out but that isn't common). Anyone who is still playing WoW will understand that my average 40k dps is a deserving slap in the face for a frost DK. That's not my point however, the point is we are still downing the bosses, we are still enjoying the game, and we know what we're doing and they will not abandon me regardless of how bad I do. They've improved me in ways i didn't think I could and now I am one of their top dps leads in raids and PvE events (though I can't play a DK in PvP to save my life).

This isn't a "WoW vs SwTOR Comparison" again, no, my point is that you should be enjoying the game as it is whether or not your class got nerfed. Believe me, I have friends who got the worst nerfbat for their class and they are still topping out as lead DPS in certain scenarios because they can adapt to the changes quickly no matter how bad it was hit and come back up if you just learn the new rotations/talents. A nerfbat won't last long and pretty soon, I guarantee people will complain about Assassins doing OMGNERF dps. It's just a matter of adaptation, it's been like that ever since MMOs were released and stuff like this happens all the time. Just relax and be passionate about your class, you stuck with it for so long so you should dedicate yourselves to play it through the rough. I play an Assassin too, and I've played Deception ever since I hit 50 and never switched. I've never been called out for being a terrible DPS when assassins were nerfed way back when and it didn't bother me at all.
KÓra - Deception Assassin
Bargil - Hybrid Sorcerer
DARKHOUND - Hyperspace Cannon | Dara Mactire - The Crucible Pits

Larry_Dallas
04.10.2013 , 12:16 AM | #62
He is right about Madness Assassins' DPS potential. I don't think it continued with scaling, but there was a point where madness assassins output more theoretical DPS in sims than any other spec of any class. Stands to reason that, played well, he could put up very high numbers.

TC, here's my advice to you: the enrage timers and mechanics in this game, assuming proper gear (and itemization matters more than gear "level"), are not so tight that, in 2.0 terms, a group without 2 annimaras (highest melee parse), 1 lightning sorc (2nd highest range parse, most range aoe) and 1 arsenal merc (highest range parse, armor debuff) can't complete the content and complete it easily (assuming the players are skilled).

If your guild is actually chucking you over a theoretical class nerf that isn't going to make progression impossible (or even difficult), they've got no attachment to you as a person. Do you really want to spend so much time in any given week with people like that? I wouldn't.

So here's what you do. You reroll a class that interests you in a role you're not used to playing. But not in guild. With that toon, you shop around. Find another progression guild that recruits lowbies. If by the time you hit 55, your current guild still won't give you a shot, you start raiding with the new toon in that one. Don't like them? Drop guild. Advertise on the forums or the fleet as an experienced, but less-than-ideally geared MMO player (mdps 4/4 NiM EC, etc). Or do warzones unguilded. If you're good enough, you'll get noticed. Do test runs with other guilds.

You'll find another progression guild that isn't so quick to disregard a skilled player just because he's of a class that's perceived as sub-optimal. And hey, maybe they will like you instead of being a bunch of ******es who see you as a hamburgering widget instead of a person.

When you find a fit, pull your toons out of your current guild and into the new one and forget about the old people as they forgot about you.

Zynkotic
04.10.2013 , 02:55 AM | #63
if you were topping the dps charts your other dps we're just bad, cause that shouldn't be possible

THEFERRARICARGUY
04.10.2013 , 01:13 PM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by Zynkotic View Post
if you were topping the dps charts your other dps we're just bad, cause that shouldn't be possible
Everyone who says this is obviously someone who just went full retard... Hasn't it occurred to you that there are actually amazing players out there who do crazy things? Saying that they're bad isn't an excuse. Mabye the assassin dps is just better than the other dps out there..... Moron.

paowee
04.10.2013 , 05:54 PM | #65
Quote: Originally Posted by NrDLeipe View Post
you loose a spot cause you getting a nerf.

nice guild m8, shows they support you alot
if they are a hardcore raiding guild then yea thats how it is! they'll probably lossen up once everything is on farm
Republic < Intrepid > The Harbinger slinger sage vanguard dps
swtorboard.org dps blog.class guides.end-game stuff
16 man | 8 man DPS leaderboards | Galactic Starfighter Records

Astygia
04.12.2013 , 02:21 PM | #66
Quote: Originally Posted by THEFERRARICARGUY View Post
Everyone who says this is obviously someone who just went full retard... Hasn't it occurred to you that there are actually amazing players out there who do crazy things? Saying that they're bad isn't an excuse. Mabye the assassin dps is just better than the other dps out there..... Moron.
Clearly, PvP rank doesn't require much game knowledge.

Assassins aren't terribad, but assuming the mara isn't the one going full 'tard, they typically will be at the top in DPS & definitely not under sins. If this guy was at the top of the charts in his 'hardcore' raid guild, then the rest of the dps was pretty sub-par & they're about as hardcore as my 7yo son's leveling guild in WoW. It's not about amazing players doing crazy things (though that certainly helps), it's just the toolset limitations on the class and basic math comprehension.

Sins were never routinely beating maras, hasn't changed since the patch. This guild = baddies being bad imo.