Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

prediction: RWZ season 1 champion team composition

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
prediction: RWZ season 1 champion team composition

DkSharktooth
04.07.2013 , 08:45 PM | #51
  1. Smart Player
  2. Smart Player
  3. Smart Player
  4. Smart Player
  5. Smart Player
  6. Smart Player
  7. Smart Player
  8. Smart Player

Andrew_Past
04.07.2013 , 08:59 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by DkSharktooth View Post
  1. Smart Player
  2. Smart Player
  3. Smart Player
  4. Smart Player
  5. Smart Player
  6. Smart Player
  7. Smart Player
  8. Smart Player
This.

It seems that balance in RWZ will allow for a larger variance of successful team comps, as long as the team can synergize and play smart.

Personally, I want to try something like this:
Guardian Tank
Shadow Offnode
Scoundrel Heals
Sage Heals
Guardian Vigilance (Focus/Second main fight tank situationally)
Sentinel Combat (Focus situationally)
Gunslinger Sharpshooter or Sab
Vanguard Pyro with Smoke grenade

Not 100% on the Vanguard spec, but having a main fight pull is important.
And'rew - Guardian || And'ria - Sentinel || Praeteria - Juggernaut
The Past Legacy || POT5, Fatman Native
First Guardian Representative
AndrewPast - Twitch

schooch
04.07.2013 , 09:54 PM | #53
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy_reborn View Post
Markoss-Commando medic

ArchangelLBC
04.07.2013 , 10:29 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
That was a misconception by this guy, http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=602856, then he post a goodbye forever post http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=610198.

I know Deception will hit like a truck, and in my honest opinion its the only counter to snipers.

Having a Deception in a party come 2.0 will be a good idea, maybe not all team comps but I honestly think it could work well.

It wasn't a misconception. The original changes to deception were AWFUL and pretty much gutted the AC in PVP. It was only the later changes which replaced the lacerate/whirling blow talent which was a pretty amazing change.

That being said I'm hoping it will be strong in 2.0, but honestly I'll be surprised if sins aren't relegated to offnode guarding just like now.
In update 2.9 the game will simply uninstall itself for you.

-Wnd

Caeliux
04.07.2013 , 11:43 PM | #55
Quote: Originally Posted by ArchangelLBC View Post
It wasn't a misconception. The original changes to deception were AWFUL
Your awful is a pts opinion, and all you guys posted bs how deception is suppose to be like this and that when in fact nobody could actually play with it daily in pvp warzones on the pts cause the bolster was bugged.

So again for the 100% time a pts opinion is irrelevant to anything coming in 2.0.

Notice how Bioware is still changing the original score of classes, incoming more changes even after 2.0

All that pts drama and anxiety was and is premature.

/fin

PerinnAybara
04.08.2013 , 08:57 AM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Caeliux View Post
Your awful is a pts opinion, and all you guys posted bs how deception is suppose to be like this and that when in fact nobody could actually play with it daily in pvp warzones on the pts cause the bolster was bugged.

So again for the 100% time a pts opinion is irrelevant to anything coming in 2.0.

Notice how Bioware is still changing the original score of classes, incoming more changes even after 2.0

All that pts drama and anxiety was and is premature.

/fin
You act like bolster was bugged for the entire duration of the PTS. It wasn't.
Character: Mathrim Cauthon, 50 Mercenary on Prophecy of the Five

Wainamoinen
04.08.2013 , 09:13 AM | #57
based on what i saw on PTS, sage/sorc DPS is capable of some impressive and hard hitting damage in 2.0. iirc they have a auto-crit on thundering blast, which was hitting hard..
Haven't seen much mention of it on the forum, but I caught some frightening hits off Thundering Blast on PTS. After Smash, it was just ahead of Ambush and Hidden Strike for average damage (fewer hits by it though, not many people using it).
It's a small world and it smells funny, I'd buy another if it wasn't for the money.
Ilmarinen 55 Scoundrel (Red Eclipse)

cashogy_reborn
04.08.2013 , 09:23 AM | #58
Quote: Originally Posted by Wainamoinen View Post
Haven't seen much mention of it on the forum, but I caught some frightening hits off Thundering Blast on PTS. After Smash, it was just ahead of Ambush and Hidden Strike for average damage (fewer hits by it though, not many people using it).
yeah nobody really mentioned in on the PTS forum, but in the warzones i did i saw a lot of sorc/sages beating the snot out of people.
Dany - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Laforet
04.08.2013 , 09:27 AM | #59
yeah nobody really mentioned in on the PTS forum, but in the warzones i did i saw a lot of sorc/sages beating the snot out of people.
Glass cannon with cannon finally?
Believer - Seer - Fatman - RETIRED

Jkelectronet Poledancer new healstar inc.

Caeliux
04.08.2013 , 12:05 PM | #60
Quote: Originally Posted by PerinnAybara View Post
You act like bolster was bugged for the entire duration of the PTS. It wasn't.
It was bugged enough for noone to post anything creditable about classes incoming in 2.0.

People was coming on the forums left and right with biased opinions how a class will pan out in 2.0 because they dueled each other and used test dummies in the pts.

What funny with that method is that is not real pvp and for sure not the right calculations you want to bring on a forum and expect people to take you serious.

I got nothing else to say about it, if people want to believe the sky is red and never went outside then go right ahead and be gullible.