Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Hardmode "manners"

Icebergy
04.07.2013 , 09:10 AM | #231
Quote: Originally Posted by Jossajus View Post
Whew! Made it through all 23 pages of this thread, and I have to say that the OP throws the term "elitest" around a lot and tends to insult the people who disagree with her, even if they were kind about it in their posts. Now, I would never go through the time and effort of getting my entire guild to ignore you, if I did a HM FP where you intentionally pulled mobs I'd probably just kick you. You do damage. I pull mobs. Don't step on my toes and I won't step on yours. When I run a FP as a tank, I assume that everyone has run it before unless it is explicitly stated otherwise. I also assume that everyone has Speeder Piloting III and a speeder to match. I also assume that everyone is competent enough to watch me and follow where I go and to not get behind.

I also expect ALL DPS, even if it is their first run in a particular FP to know a few basics:
1) Basic kill order. Start with weaks --> Strongs --> Elites --> Champions
2) To NOT break CC's. If an enemy is CC'd, I have no aggro built on it and if CC breaks because of a single AOE, odds are it's going for either the DPS or the Healer.
3) To use their CC's and abilities as they are meant to be used. I shouldn't have to target or ask for every CC. If we've CC'd the other 6 Champion droids, you can bet your hat that the 7th will be CC'd as well.
4) I'm not a spacebar freak, I try to remember, but honestly most of them are so short I forget that they are skippable. Esseles and BT should be spacebarred without fail every time. The convos add an hour to the FP.
5) If you pull aggro on a boss cause they've CC'd me, and they don't come back to me as soon as I come back, that means my taunts are on CD. Use your threat dump pls.
6) To NEVER stand in a circle unless it has a Republic or Imperial insignia in the middle.
7) NEED for yourself, GREED for comps (unless you have permission to do otherwise), and GREED/PASS for everything else at your discretion.
8) To work as a team. DPS should divide and conquer weak enemies and focus fire on strongs and above. I shouldn't have one DPS wailing on one Elite while the other DPS is wailing on another.

If you've noticed, all of these are things a DPS should learn within their first run through Hammer Station, SM, the LVL 16 one. To not do these things by lvl 50 shows that you are just lazy and/or incompetent. And if a DPS ( or healer, for that matter ) keeps on doing these things, I will be tempted to initiate a vote to kick. But TBH, the only thing I kick / ignore for is gear ninja-ing.

However, accidentally pulling mobs and/or getting stuck is an entirely different story. It happens to the best of us and will happen at least once during a FP. It's to be expected in PuG's.

As for your gear, Tionese is more than sufficient to run through any Tier 1 HMFP.

EDIT: One last thing. A tank or healer might get away with going against the grain of a group (NOT spacebarring, etc.) but there are dozens of DPS just waiting to take your place. And you ignoring me isn't a big deal. You get enough tanks / healers to ignore you, you will have a very long queue time indeed. You may find it nigh impossible to get a Group Finder OP.

EDIT 2: Not to be a jerk, but why are you founding guilds when you don't even have a single 50? That would be like becoming a priest without reading the Bible. The other ppl in your guild will come to you for guidance / help and you should be able to give it to them. It's part of the responsibilities that come with that "Empress" title you're so fond of.
^^^This
This signature is a slap in the face!
Mikal'B, Battlemaster and Fleet Commodore of the Republic.
<Contraband Inc> 10/10 NiM, 4/4 NiM, NMP, 3/12 NiM, HM GF, 2/5 NiM
Jedi Covenant

DawnAskham
04.07.2013 , 09:25 AM | #232
Quote: Originally Posted by DarknessInLight View Post
You have every right to rip mods out of the elder gear and put it into whatever modifiable shells you want to. It's your toon. You should educate them and tell them that

A. The reason youre not at 14000+ hp is because, atm, the set bonuses do NOT follow when you rip the mods out. That should change with 2.0 or a upcoming update to the game. I know that the set bonuses are for your abilities, but you do also end up with about an extra 1000 hp with the base shells.

B. It is a team game, and they should help you get the mob you picked up off of you, but some people are going to be idiots and there isn't much you can do about it. Occasionally you will find that group that works really well and understands teamwork. Friend these people so you have someone to contact and run with if they are on. Better still, get in and run with a Guild. These people typically are more inclined to help you become a better player.
A is incorrect, unless there are some set bonuses with +endurance I haven't seen, all stats are on the mods and move intact to whatever shell you put them in (minus the bonuses). And the sent / mara set bonuses are kind of meh.

The more than likely reason to be sub 14K is that the OP didn't bother to pick up the free Recruit set as well, and is using crappy leveling relics, bracers, belts, implants, and earpieces.

And reading between the lines of the OPs post and subsequent responses, it appears their attitude is just as bad with regard to teamwork as those being criticized.

If three of four players are skipping the conversation cut scenes, not doing so is being inconsiderate.

If three of the four players are sticking together skipping trash and bonus objectives, going off on your own or not paying attention and falling behind / pulling unnecessary trash is being inconsiderate.

I have hit 50 on several new toons lately and in crappy Recruit / Tionese gear have never been kicked. Some of the runs were totally new to me too, as I had never leveled Republic toons to 50 before.

But then again I did skip conversations, did state "haven't done this one before", did stick with the group, all the while performing my selected role appropriately.

If you get kicked once, chalk it up as a random group of jerks and move on.

If you constantly get kicked from groups, go look in the mirror as the problem is most likely you.

Jossajus
04.07.2013 , 07:31 PM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by mcslack View Post
I feel for ya. When I started(founder) I didnt know how to play. It was ugly to say the least. But some groups I played with were fantastic and helped to learn. Some were not. Crap happens and u just gota move on.
There r some seriously delusional peeps that play this game and believe it to actually matter. The way some go off and come unglued about a simple trash pull or not skipping leads me 2 think they need time away in quiet room. A place where pills and straight jackets are plentifull.
Maybe an option in GF with 2 check boxes. Box # 1- i like 2 play with evry1 and am stable minded/ Box # 2-im elletz n if u mess me up by not skiipin or pullin thn ima rip u apart.

PS- I still dont get it. U super Eleetz r in full 63 armor and cry like little babies about a trash mob. Im mean really ***? How in hell did u take down HM octopuss or NIM Lizard guy but cant kill a simple trash pull LMAO
I think it's funny how you try to diss these so called "Eleetz" (pls learn how to spell. "Elites" isn't any longer to type and is actually a word.) The thing is, you do it all while writing in "l33t speak." Anyone here who actually knows what "l33t" stands for will get a kick out of this.

zorroazul
04.07.2013 , 07:41 PM | #234
-Sigh- These kind of bad experiences, failed HM flashpoints due to arrogant and rude players, it's what makes me wish SWTOR would be even more of a solo game.

I know, a MMO that can be soloed, pretty ironic, indeed.

Jossajus
04.07.2013 , 07:54 PM | #235
Quote: Originally Posted by zorroazul View Post
-Sigh- These kind of bad experiences, failed HM flashpoints due to arrogant and rude players, it's what makes me wish SWTOR would be even more of a solo game.

Any time you get that many ppl together, with the added anonymity of the internet, you'll get jerks. It's a fact of life.

Khevar
04.07.2013 , 09:19 PM | #236
Quote: Originally Posted by zorroazul View Post

Remember that one bad experience can overshadow ten good ones.

I've had a fair share of poor experiences, but the vast majority have been good ones. Both with pugs and with friends. As a matter of fact, one of the best in-game experiences was with a random pug running HM False Emperor. The whole group was funny, chatty, we did some light RP while doing the flashpoint and basically all had a great time.

Cheers.

Radzkie
04.07.2013 , 09:38 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Jossajus View Post
Whew! Made it through all 23 pages of this thread, and I have to say that the OP throws the term "elitest" around a lot and tends to insult the people who disagree with her, even if they were kind about it in their posts. Now, I would never go through the time and effort of getting my entire guild to ignore you, if I did a HM FP where you intentionally pulled mobs I'd probably just kick you. You do damage. I pull mobs. Don't step on my toes and I won't step on yours. When I run a FP as a tank, I assume that everyone has run it before unless it is explicitly stated otherwise. I also assume that everyone has Speeder Piloting III and a speeder to match. I also assume that everyone is competent enough to watch me and follow where I go and to not get behind.

I also expect ALL DPS, even if it is their first run in a particular FP to know a few basics:
1) Basic kill order. Start with weaks --> Strongs --> Elites --> Champions
2) To NOT break CC's. If an enemy is CC'd, I have no aggro built on it and if CC breaks because of a single AOE, odds are it's going for either the DPS or the Healer.
3) To use their CC's and abilities as they are meant to be used. I shouldn't have to target or ask for every CC. If we've CC'd the other 6 Champion droids, you can bet your hat that the 7th will be CC'd as well.
4) I'm not a spacebar freak, I try to remember, but honestly most of them are so short I forget that they are skippable. Esseles and BT should be spacebarred without fail every time. The convos add an hour to the FP.
5) If you pull aggro on a boss cause they've CC'd me, and they don't come back to me as soon as I come back, that means my taunts are on CD. Use your threat dump pls.
6) To NEVER stand in a circle unless it has a Republic or Imperial insignia in the middle.
7) NEED for yourself, GREED for comps (unless you have permission to do otherwise), and GREED/PASS for everything else at your discretion.
8) To work as a team. DPS should divide and conquer weak enemies and focus fire on strongs and above. I shouldn't have one DPS wailing on one Elite while the other DPS is wailing on another.

If you've noticed, all of these are things a DPS should learn within their first run through Hammer Station, SM, the LVL 16 one. To not do these things by lvl 50 shows that you are just lazy and/or incompetent. And if a DPS ( or healer, for that matter ) keeps on doing these things, I will be tempted to initiate a vote to kick. But TBH, the only thing I kick / ignore for is gear ninja-ing.

However, accidentally pulling mobs and/or getting stuck is an entirely different story. It happens to the best of us and will happen at least once during a FP. It's to be expected in PuG's.

As for your gear, Tionese is more than sufficient to run through any Tier 1 HMFP.

EDIT: One last thing. A tank or healer might get away with going against the grain of a group (NOT spacebarring, etc.) but there are dozens of DPS just waiting to take your place. And you ignoring me isn't a big deal. You get enough tanks / healers to ignore you, you will have a very long queue time indeed. You may find it nigh impossible to get a Group Finder OP.

EDIT 2: Not to be a jerk, but why are you founding guilds when you don't even have a single 50? That would be like becoming a priest without reading the Bible. The other ppl in your guild will come to you for guidance / help and you should be able to give it to them. It's part of the responsibilities that come with that "Empress" title you're so fond of.
I agree with all of this. Good points.
Radzkie (Seer) | Elím (Sawbones)
The Lovecraft Legacy
<Ascension>

ayobreezie
04.07.2013 , 11:18 PM | #238
Man, this thread is freakin' hilarious.. Haha, makes for some good reading at work.. I'm only on like page 6 or something hahaha.. Some straight e-thuggin' up in here..

Player 1 - "Look, *****.. I don't like how you be playin' the game though.. I wanna play it this way.."
Player 2 - "Nah, we got 4 muff****s in here.. And 3 of us wanna do it this way."
Player 3 & 4 - "..."
Player 1 - "Well, f*** y'all, then.. I'm'a report yo punk ***! See who the f*** is getting the last laugh..."
Crowd - "...crickets chirping..."

^my bad.. I mean..
Group - finishes FP, gets on to actual end game content.
Pull up to the scene with my saber missin'! Middle finger up to my competition!

Jossajus
04.07.2013 , 11:29 PM | #239
Quote: Originally Posted by ayobreezie View Post
Man, this thread is freakin' hilarious.. Haha, makes for some good reading at work.. I'm only on like page 6 or something hahaha.. Some straight e-thuggin' up in here..

Player 1 - "Look, *****.. I don't like how you be playin' the game though.. I wanna play it this way.."
Player 2 - "Nah, we got 4 muff****s in here.. And 3 of us wanna do it this way."
Player 3 & 4 - "..."
Player 1 - "Well, f*** y'all, then.. I'm'a report yo punk ***! See who the f*** is getting the last laugh..."
Crowd - "...crickets chirping..."

^my bad.. I mean..
Group - finishes FP, gets on to actual end game content.
I'm still trying to tell what you're saying.

DonkeyGobbler
04.08.2013 , 06:52 AM | #240
Like many, I had some sympathy with the OP at first (although anyone who is kicked from multiple groups in short succession should spot a trend and adjust accordingly). However, from the point that she said she'd deliberatly troll entire groups my feeling turned from sympathy into "I'm glad she's not on my server".

Also, please change your usage of word "Elitist" to "Majority". It tends to fit better in the manner you're using it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Druzod View Post
So I have a level 50 Jedi Guardian tank and I'd like to start running HM FPs. I've not done them all in story mode yet so that's my first plan - view the cut scenes and get familiar w/ the basic mechanics. After that I will dip my toes into the hard modes. I know the tank is usually the leader and what not but are people more tolerant of newbie tanks?
If you're up front about being new, you should be fine.

I ran False Emporer with a 14k tank the other night. At the start he strolled into the first mob pack and did fine. I've seen much better geared tanks fail there before. Anyway, we get the final fight and as Malgus drops in health he didn't bring him to the bridge and we wipe. Someone told him in chat what was required and we go in again... only to wipe on an "unlimited power" cast. Tank writes "WTH?" in chat. At this point it becomes clear that me and the other DPS are doing all the interupts. I asked him if he'd ever run FE before.

"No".

The healer's clearly pissed off by this point. So, I explained the tactics, we went in (again) and killed him after the two wipes. Mostly the run was okay, but if he'd said he was new at the begining it'd have worked out a lot better. Sure, you can assume he's new if a tank only has 14k hp but who knows if it's an alt and he hasn't run the FP a hundred times on his main? Should have probably asked anyway, but these things are so easy now it's rarely an issue.