Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Normal level 50 FPs are more fun than HMs

TrigPt
04.07.2013 , 05:56 PM | #1
because in the HMs everyone is overgeared farming BH comms and wants to skip everyting but in the Normals people are undergeared and don't always know fights so there is an element of risk and with that a sense of acheivement on completion. In normals you also actually get to clear trash and do bonus bosses with the constant theat of possible wipe.

Bioware need to make end game stuff more challenging. If people have content on farm mode for comms then somethings wrong with the game design.

Spongeyform
04.07.2013 , 07:22 PM | #2
You must have had some good normal 50 fp's then, as there are a lor of 50s going through them for the daily comms as well
Who is more of a fool? The fool? or the fool that follows him?

Jossajus
04.07.2013 , 07:49 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by TrigPt View Post
because in the HMs everyone is overgeared farming BH comms and wants to skip everyting but in the Normals people are undergeared and don't always know fights so there is an element of risk and with that a sense of acheivement on completion. In normals you also actually get to clear trash and do bonus bosses with the constant theat of possible wipe.

Bioware need to make end game stuff more challenging. If people have content on farm mode for comms then somethings wrong with the game design.
There's nothing wrong with game design. This is how end game content works in MMO's. It's all about the gear. Once you get gear for NiM OPS, that's when the challenge actually starts.

Furthermore, if you're looking for a challenge, roll a tank. You will never be bored. THAT i guarantee.

EDIT: Then YOU will get to set the tone and nature of the FP. If you want to run a full clear, then most DPS will (grudgingly) go along with you because they don't want to wait another 20 minutes for another tank. And Heals seem to be the most laid back of anyone in the game. (A good healer can literally eat a sandwich with one hand and heal with the other.)

JouerTue
04.08.2013 , 06:46 AM | #4
I agree, when I'm on the tank I take the lead and ask what people want to do.. Specially if I see some fresh 50s. When healing I go in follow mode and just heal..no dps, and I like when people don't fill life so I can heal on the move.. Honestly I don't roll nm fps.. The fun in the hm pugs as tank is enough!

LarryRow
04.08.2013 , 07:57 AM | #5
Sub 50 flashpoints are fun because the entire experience is a good use of your time. You are getting good xp and gear, the encounters are more challenging, and you are working with a group.

Once you get to max level and you're running them for the comms, anything that doesn't get you to the end faster is seen as a waste of time (because it is).
A classic sig that should not be lost:
Quote:
Stunned , pew pew hack slash , stunned , running backward circles, stunned cannot move, pew pew, break stun, 30 second snare, wha?!?!!? stunned, knockdown, ...less stun more pew pew and hacknslash please.