Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How do you level up!?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
How do you level up!?

Lorgrin
03.13.2012 , 08:14 AM | #11
I go to a new planet and do absolutely every quest and Heroic i can find. I enjoy seeing all of the content. Im also not in a big hurry to get to 50. I enjoy getting the best set of gear I can for the current world before I move on and do it again. I usually out level the planet I am on, but who cares. Im having fun.

Wrathoran
03.13.2012 , 09:07 AM | #12
Rules : Ignore 2+ , heroic 4, Area and Flashpoint. At the end of the second planet. Start doing space missions since they are the best xp/hour and start doing pvp with the dailies

1 to 10 = 1h30

10 to 18 = Dromund Kaas , Coruscant

18 to 22 = Balmorra , Taris.

22 to 24 = Nar Shadaa

24 to 27 = Tatoine

27 to 30 = Alderan

30 to 32 = class quest and pvp

32 to 37 = Balmora , Taris

37 to 40 = Hoth

40 to 44 = Belsavis

44 to 47 = Voss

47 to 50 = Corelia

I keep queuing to pvp reach 49 and 99% valor. Pvp in lower level is worth less then questing and pvp at higher level is worth less then questing but in the middle level it can help you go fast , mostly if you got a good premade team and win all the time.

10 min huttball for 20k xp = 2 quests for 10 min.

il-jumper
03.13.2012 , 09:36 AM | #13
10-50 pvp only!

subrosian
03.13.2012 , 10:13 AM | #14
PVP LEVELING

1 - 30: Quest. If you PVP before lv. 30 you are "that guy" that everyone hates. Don't be that guy, don't PVP before you have 2+ stuns, a movement ability, sprint, and enough DPS abilities to be remotely useful. It takes 1 day of played time to hit 30 if you spacebar, focus up an do it.

30 - 50: PVP. You should be able to buy your full PVP orange set at 40, and if you save from 40 onward you will easily have 6 bags at 50, which will make your transition much easier. Remember you can buy Columni Implants, Earpieces and decent Relics off the AH, and your Orange weapon with AH mods will be sufficient - focus up your bags on the PVP 4-piece.

PVE LEVELING

1-50: Quest.

50: Operations. I buy my pre-raid gear from the AH and immediately jump into Operations. If you run EV and KG for two weeks, you will have full raid gear in just a couple of hours of play. Compare that to grinding Flashpoints where PUGs will fail horribly, and the choice is clear.
subrosian
<Epitome>
epitomeraiding.com

va_wanderer
03.13.2012 , 10:18 AM | #15
One of my dirty little tricks?

Companions. When you get one, spend a few thousand credits and pump up their affection at least a few thousand points. Not only does it help with crew skills, if you do it ASAP you also pick up a surprisingly nice amount of exp as well.

Wait till later and companion quests "grey out" like everything else does depending on your player level. Get to know them better. (and of course, there's the occasional companion mission stuck in there too, which can make nice gap fillers.
Help unify PvP and PvE content- PvP+E! http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=298731

HeavensTerror
03.13.2012 , 04:09 PM | #16
Low levels just questing. Once I hit 30 I'll throw in some PvP. Near the end 45ish. I just mainly focus on PvP to start saving wz/mec coms for champ bags.
The Bastion Forerunner legacy
Ionenla Gunslinger
Twileky Sentinel
Lonenla Vanguard

Yasnaud
04.03.2013 , 08:06 AM | #17
Serious guys. i do very single quest on the planet i do flashpoints and i pvp alot. And i played this character over a month and i am only level 28! Am dooing something wrong?

_biddan_
04.03.2013 , 09:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Yasnaud View Post
Serious guys. i do very single quest on the planet i do flashpoints and i pvp alot. And i played this character over a month and i am only level 28! Am dooing something wrong?
oh great,the usual noob coming to necro a 1 year old post.
Tomb of Freedon Nadd

Caesar Legacy
Legacy lvl 50

Syas
04.03.2013 , 12:45 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by _biddan_ View Post
oh great,the usual noob coming to necro a 1 year old post.
And the usual jerk complaining about it.
Thall | Combat Medic ||| Kannus | Kinetic Shadow
Dars'yl | Immortal Juggernaut ||| Sudor | Concealment Operative
Ebon Hawke

Tatile
04.03.2013 , 12:49 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Yasnaud View Post
If the quests are grey, you're not going to get much (if any) experience from them. Same goes for mobs.