Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Stop Reordering my Character Select Screen

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Stop Reordering my Character Select Screen

Icebergy
04.02.2013 , 06:24 PM | #1
Please just allow us to put our characters on our character select screen in the order we want them to be and then leave it alone. The system in place now makes it so that I am constantly having to search for characters, especially since my characters run on to a second page now.

Thats another thing, can't we come up with something better than having a second page? The character select screen is mostly just empty space anyways, why not go for columns or something?
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

el_Bizzle
04.02.2013 , 08:52 PM | #2
wow, picky!

Elly_Dawn
04.02.2013 , 08:59 PM | #3
it automaticly places your last used character at the top, in the order they were last used... not sure i see the problem here... unless you want a way to disable auto-organize, so the selection pallet stays static...
if all the great fashion designers have gone over to the Darkside, then i will too...
Jedi Covenant: The Ashtear Legacy:

Elhaym - Shadow / Shinoa - Scoundrel
Dawnaria - Assassin / Adawn - Mercenary / D'jour - Operative

Fleurdelis
04.02.2013 , 11:28 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
Please just allow us to put our characters on our character select screen in the order we want them to be and then leave it alone. The system in place now makes it so that I am constantly having to search for characters, especially since my characters run on to a second page now.

Thats another thing, can't we come up with something better than having a second page? The character select screen is mostly just empty space anyways, why not go for columns or something?
Allrighty then. I believe it works this way younglings:

Last played character is at the top of your character selection screen.
All other characters are in alphabetical order.

chimex
04.03.2013 , 06:24 AM | #5
Does it really require THAT much effort on your part to read 12 listed names? As others have said, last played at the top. If your list is constantly changing, it's because you're constantly selecting different characters to play with.

While that is your right (after all, it's your subscription), it's a bit silly to demand character selection customization simply because you cannot be bothered to read the names you created.
The Progenitor (RP): Shazmi:<Crimson Moon>

Icebergy
04.03.2013 , 08:11 AM | #6
OK people that can't read. I know how the system currently works, I want it to change. Why does it reorder at all? This is dumb, let me pick the order and then leave it alone...how can you possibly be against this idea?
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Icebergy
04.03.2013 , 08:12 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Elly_Dawn View Post
it automaticly places your last used character at the top, in the order they were last used... not sure i see the problem here... unless you want a way to disable auto-organize, so the selection pallet stays static...
Exactly. I want it to stay static. Why is that such an outrageous thing?

Maxagorn
04.03.2013 , 09:14 AM | #8
I agree with the OP. A static but adjustable list would be great. It's especially annoying when I'm alt-hopping to get crafted items to the character I'm currently focusing on. I'm only at 4 total right now, but it must be maddening to have to deal with this when you have 12.

Altheran
04.03.2013 , 09:17 AM | #9
Why not.

Weilin
04.04.2013 , 02:50 PM | #10
Ironically it used to be organized alphabetically besides the top character being the last one logged in.

Dont know why they changed it to be in order of last login for them all.