Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Official Season 1 RWZ <Request a Response> Thread.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Official Season 1 RWZ <Request a Response> Thread.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dcgregorya
04.01.2013 , 03:06 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Pahomi View Post
Season One would be pretty pointless without some form of cross server though. It would basically just reset everyone's rating but I don't see much else changing. Would be nice to hear a response to know where we stand.

By the way, anyone remember THIS?? I was so looking forward to the future of PvP back then. I didn't imagine that after almost a year nothing would change...
You don't need cross server. You need motivation for people to play RWZ. Someone mentioned in another thread the ability to decline a match if their rating is much higher than yours. Others have mentioned reducing the group size to 4 and using different maps.

These two things right there would fix it without using cross-server. Cross server wouldn't help anyway, it'd just make it so that the top 1% of one server could queue up against the top 1% of another server - no one else is interested in playing RWZ anyway because of how imba it is.

Crawelc
04.01.2013 , 04:59 PM | #22
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

jolleebindu
04.01.2013 , 11:25 PM | #23
I'd like to see these implemented to bring some new life into the pvp community - which is pretty sorely needed (though 2.0 should help)

Even a "hey we moved this to the 'wall of crazy,' since we no longer want to devote the resources" would be understandable at this point.
JolleeBindu
<|====|::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

AlexModny
04.02.2013 , 09:54 AM | #24 This is the last staff post in this thread.  
Someone request a dev response?

Unfortunately I don’t have any in-depth details I can share right now but I can confirm we (yes, the PvP devs) are working on some new systems and improving the season structure. Sorry I am not able to share more with yall fine upstanding folks at this time, but I suspect that a good lot of ya will really enjoy what we’ve got in the works.
Alex Modny | Assistant Designer
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.] [Dev Tracker]

Pistols
04.02.2013 , 10:39 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by AlexModny View Post

Unfortunately I don’t have any in-depth details I can share right now but I can confirm we (yes, the PvP devs) are working on some new systems and improving the season structure. Sorry I am not able to share more with yall fine upstanding folks at this time, but I suspect that a good lot of ya will really enjoy what we’ve got in the works.
Thank you for commenting, much kudos.

Edit: The link is /win

Crawelc
04.02.2013 , 10:41 AM | #26

Epic stuff
Imprimis <Fight><Redemption><Conquest><Super Bads><Murica Force><The Cream><RSU>
All Imprimis All the time.
GM of 3 dead guilds and counting.

Joesixxpack
04.02.2013 , 10:43 AM | #27

Nice, thanks, will stay tuned.
SifuStoli Sage | Joesixxpack VG | BBQ'Ribs GS | Hawt'Sauce Guard | Bluce'Ree Sent | Dark'nStormy Scrap
ilotSufiS Mara | BBQRibs Sin | BBQSammich PT | BBQSawce MM | Dark'n'Stormy Op
PROPHECY OF THE FIVE

islander
04.02.2013 , 11:02 AM | #28

Oh please, please, please. Hoping this is true.

Thanks!
Gěllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

DarthOvertone
04.02.2013 , 11:11 AM | #29
Vette is hawt.
Alphabolt - Alphanoob - Alphawood - Garbage S1 Champion
The Bastion - #1 Stronk PvP Server
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!

cycao
04.02.2013 , 11:12 AM | #30
Perfect.