Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

7hrs to patch a memory leak!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
7hrs to patch a memory leak!
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

maracole
04.01.2013 , 06:09 PM | #1
Are you really serious, I mean 7 hrs!, there must be much more going on than applying that patch.

Also what happened to putting times in the GMT format, I was just getting used to it and now there in PDT, please for the love of everything that's good leave the time in GMT format

mandoforlife
04.01.2013 , 06:11 PM | #2
They're probably also patching in some background stuff for 2.0 and RotHC.
Vamark Skirata 55 Mercenary <Meet Killface>
Sirsuitntie Sorcerer - Jatne Operative - Zaavar Assassin - Alsaire Marauder
The Bastion

kurzis
04.01.2013 , 07:32 PM | #3
The great united states military bases its time off GMT

Zero hundred hours zulu is US military speak for GMT 12.00am.

if GMT is good enough for the US military then its damn well good enough for SWTOR

Sydexlic
04.01.2013 , 07:38 PM | #4
You didn't look at the inequality adjusted figures. A far more telling statistic.

LadyVix
04.01.2013 , 08:04 PM | #5
After months telling me that the memory issues were in my system, now we have a patch to fix a "significant memory leak."

While I've know all along that the issue was on their side, I'm dismayed that they tried to play me, a paying customer, for a fool, rather than be honest and try to offer real solutions.

I'm glad it's being fixed, but I'm pissed that they weren't honest about it.
* Cristielle - 55 Jedi Sentinel * Xerelle - 55 Sniper * Tigrelle - 55 Gunslinger *
* Brianne - 55 Jedi Shadow * Tabbytha - 55 Mercenary * Cattaclysm - 55 Vanguard *

Free Character transfer! Click ====> http://www.swtor.com/r/8lY8m5

Arkerus
04.01.2013 , 08:04 PM | #6
Time to move on folks.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

TheBBP
04.01.2013 , 08:11 PM | #7
Hey guys. What's going on in this thread?
REPUBLIC TROOPERS
Crosswire - Heavy GunnerElνta-one - Combat Medic
Canonball - Pointman

Ebon Hawk

Kubernetic
04.01.2013 , 08:18 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by maracole View Post
Are you really serious, I mean 7 hrs!, there must be much more going on than applying that patch.

Also what happened to putting times in the GMT format, I was just getting used to it and now there in PDT, please for the love of everything that's good leave the time in GMT format
Oh, you mean like a controlled shut-down, a full back-up of all in-game systems and databases, any hardware maintenance that needs to be taken care of, any software maintenance and upgrades that need to be performed at a server/router/network level, the login conversion, the server patch installations, controlled turn-on, checking and testing to make sure the basic functions are in-place and match up to the databases, handling any "surprises" that arise, and then the opening up for players again?

Yeah, there's more to do.
Tekay —— En-ki —— Tιkay —— Hassle —— Jaksen
Explorer (80%) • Killer (53%) • Socializer (47%) • Achiever (20%)
Excited Star Citizen — But ready to resubscribe when and if...

Eillack
04.01.2013 , 08:28 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyVix View Post
After months telling me that the memory issues were in my system, now we have a patch to fix a "significant memory leak."

While I've know all along that the issue was on their side, I'm dismayed that they tried to play me, a paying customer, for a fool, rather than be honest and try to offer real solutions.

Wait.....you believed them....?

Never trust a word they say; EAware lies almost constantly...thsi is why it is almost April Fools in this game every gold post.
With unity, comes strength...with strength, comes power...with power...comes obedience.....
CE Owner '09 Account
Quote: Originally Posted by BruceMaclean View Post
..I think it's ultimately our fault for not communicating enough.

Andryah
04.01.2013 , 08:35 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyVix View Post

You might want to take a wait and see on this. See what they actually fix. It may not be "your" alleged memory leak.

The reason I say this is because a lot of players do not have a memory leak issue with the game. Yes, clearly some do. It's somehow OS/system dependent. Maybe there are even multiple OS/System/Cleint leak interactions.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.