Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Character Immortality, Can It Be Achieved?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Character Immortality, Can It Be Achieved?

Berronaxftw
03.27.2013 , 10:34 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGile View Post
But at what cost?

Lord Scourge is very direct when he expresses what he misses and what he regrets after the Emperor gave him immortality.

He can't feel... not just emotions, but he can't feel sunlight hitting his skin, or the smell of something pleasant. He sacrificed everything that makes life... life. Ironic. Sure, there may be less costly methods.. but I'm sure they don't come without consequences.
Think you might wanna wrap a spoiler tag around that m8 x) just noticed.

Berronaxftw
03.27.2013 , 10:35 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
Into hiding. For 4,000 years?

Yeah, I don't think so. Especially as the galaxy starts coming down around their ears.
huh how do you mean?

Antisthienes
03.29.2013 , 02:44 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
Think you might wanna wrap a spoiler tag around that m8 x) just noticed.
Well, established, in-game there's Lord Draagh's commentary that we'd love to see elaborated on outside the Juggernaut Skill tree.

MelodyofLegends
03.29.2013 , 08:47 AM | #14
well i don't know about every character... but for the inquisitor it remains almost within the realms of possibility.

Remember, the Inquisitor is physically able to handle limitless power without breaking down, due to the whole
Spoiler

so in theory she could certainly gain power equal to or greater then the current Emperor, all while retaining her sanity.
and if she does so then Immortality would logically be a trivial feat.
an absolute love that will bring warmth to a frozen world....

LadyKohastFel
03.30.2013 , 06:24 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthGile View Post
But at what cost?

Lord Scourge is very direct when he expresses what he misses and what he regrets after the Emperor gave him immortality.

He can't feel... not just emotions, but he can't feel sunlight hitting his skin, or the smell of something pleasant. He sacrificed everything that makes life... life. Ironic. Sure, there may be less costly methods.. but I'm sure they don't come without consequences.
That is not even the true cost of living forever.

The real cost is that it is an absolute certainty that everyone you ever know and care for will die and leave you behind, and everything you like will always end never to come back. And there is the sheer mind numbing boredom of the millenniums weighing down upon you as you run out of new things to experience after doing everything to the point where it becomes boring.
Remember Antaria, Naboo, Starsider Server.

Berronaxftw
03.30.2013 , 03:19 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by LadyKohastFel View Post
That is not even the true cost of living forever.

The real cost is that it is an absolute certainty that everyone you ever know and care for will die and leave you behind, and everything you like will always end never to come back. And there is the sheer mind numbing boredom of the millenniums weighing down upon you as you run out of new things to experience after doing everything to the point where it becomes boring.
That is the one true down-side to living forever..

But to be honest, i could probably live with it.

And if i ever got bored i could allways just get myself killed, afterall it's Living Indeffinatly.. not complete immortality.

Berronaxftw
04.03.2013 , 01:33 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by MelodyofLegends View Post
well i don't know about every character... but for the inquisitor it remains almost within the realms of possibility.

Remember, the Inquisitor is physically able to handle limitless power without breaking down, due to the whole
Spoiler

so in theory she could certainly gain power equal to or greater then the current Emperor, all while retaining her sanity.
and if she does so then Immortality would logically be a trivial feat.
I wonder if we will ever return to
Spoiler
in the future..

TalonVII
04.03.2013 , 03:05 PM | #18
why the hell would you want to live forever.

Extended age for a few centuries sure, but forever?

naa...where's the fun in that?!
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight

Zardac_the_Great
04.03.2013 , 06:02 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Berronaxftw View Post
huh how do you mean?
Well...for the Sith, it would be the total collapse of the Sith Empire that eventually happens. Or the creation of a Sith Empire with someone else on the throne.

For the Jedi, the galaxy coming down around their ears would consist of a galactic Civil War, immediately followed by the death of the Jedi and a galactic civil war, and the creation of a Sith Empire. Followed by a war between whatever follows that and the reborn Sith Empire.

Berronaxftw
04.04.2013 , 05:22 AM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Zardac_the_Great View Post
Well...for the Sith, it would be the total collapse of the Sith Empire that eventually happens. Or the creation of a Sith Empire with someone else on the throne.

For the Jedi, the galaxy coming down around their ears would consist of a galactic Civil War, immediately followed by the death of the Jedi and a galactic civil war, and the creation of a Sith Empire. Followed by a war between whatever follows that and the reborn Sith Empire.
You make the future look so bright lol..