Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Imperial Agent Story: Awesome!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Imperial Agent Story: Awesome!

chuixupu
03.29.2013 , 02:38 PM | #41
Quote: Originally Posted by Mutive View Post
Spoiler
Interesting line there....I think it says something extra about Hunter's character that you don't get from the male perspective.

I think the writer mentioned something similar about Hunter being a cautionary figure of the very worst possible outcome that the agent could end up with.

Quote: Originally Posted by Callaron View Post
I agree, the IA storyline is hands down the best.
Which makes it all the more sad that its writer is no longer with Bioware... =/
Or at least that's what I think I've seen mentioned on these forums several times.
Yes, but it will should make you glad to know that he announced that Bioware recently approached him to write a new small in-game piece for the game, so you can retain hope that he'll keep giving his input to the game as a contracted writer.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

SithKoriandr
03.29.2013 , 03:12 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by chuixupu View Post
As for outfits, I had an Imperial Uniform to wear but I usually wore a trenchcoat. If you wanted to be RP-ish, you wear the uniform when you're in Drommund Kaas or at any point when you're at an Imperial Base talking to your superiors. Probably not many people care to do stuff like that, but I had a lot of fun with Fraps and different outfits.
True!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Callaron
03.29.2013 , 06:14 PM | #43
Yes, but it will should make you glad to know that he announced that Bioware recently approached him to write a new small in-game piece for the game, so you can retain hope that he'll keep giving his input to the game as a contracted writer.
It does! Thanks for the info!
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

chuixupu
03.29.2013 , 06:16 PM | #44
lol, thanks for highlighting my typo....that's one of those cases where I started to type one thing, changed words but forgot to delete the other one.
Wardens of Fate / Alea Iacta Est
The Tarkus Legacy ~ The Harbinger/Jedi Covenant

CNS_Sarajevo
03.30.2013 , 12:53 PM | #45
Loved the Imperial Agent story. I just finished as a LS Sith Warrior, which was weird but fun, but the Agent story was woven together much better.

Callaron
03.30.2013 , 02:24 PM | #46
lol, thanks for highlighting my typo....that's one of those cases where I started to type one thing, changed words but forgot to delete the other one.
I do that all the time myself!
Thanks for showing us you listen to our feedback, Bioware!
Join the Galactic Referral Army today and see the galaxy! (with a free character transfer and some other shiny Cartel Market unlocks!)
Want more Class stories? Let Bioware know!

midianlord
04.13.2013 , 01:32 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthTHC View Post
This post is for the BioWare writers and the community in general.

To the writers: Well done! Not only was the Agent story highly appropriate to the "feel" of what I thought the Agent should get, but it also was a great, compelling story in its own right. Of the stories that I played through to completion so far (Consular, Knight, Inquisitor, Warrior, Agent), it was far and away the best. It exceeded the expectations I had when I bought this BioWare game.

To the community: If you enjoy stories that put you dead nuts center of high intrigue, you really do need to play an Agent!
Seconded. Just level-capped my Sniper/Marksman before the expansion (haven't played him on Makeb yet):

The IA's story is by far and away the best of the lot. Especially if you're like me and enjoy techno-conspiracy thrillers leavened with British humour (of the totally-deadpan-delivered cutting sarcasm type. The SI's convos do this well, too, BTW.)
Guys/Gals, could you please start queuing for real Flashpoints again?

r/DPS 4 life

Spoiler

smartalectwo
04.13.2013 , 03:20 PM | #48
As for outfits, I had an Imperial Uniform to wear but I usually wore a trenchcoat. If you wanted to be RP-ish, you wear the uniform when you're in Drommund Kaas or at any point when you're at an Imperial Base talking to your superiors. Probably not many people care to do stuff like that, but I had a lot of fun with Fraps and different outfits.
That was fun - I was levelling with a friend, so I usually had enough social points to wear appropriate gear. Prisoner clothes while on Belsavis, an Imperial uniform while on Corellia, a Resistance outfit while on Balmorra, etc. I'm a spy, yarrr.
There is no try.

darknessnova
04.13.2013 , 08:58 PM | #49
Spoiler