Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Republic or Imperial for PvP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Server Forums > The Bastion
Republic or Imperial for PvP?

Khalij
03.25.2013 , 05:00 PM | #1
Simple question. Who has consistently stronger PvP matches on this server? Please only respond of you have experience from both sides! Thanks.

Z-ToXiN
03.25.2013 , 05:09 PM | #2
If you're talking about PUGs... Republic definitely. I have much frustration on imp side with bad PUG teammates than I do on republic, both lowbie and 50s. These insane games were people keep losing nodes or no one else on the team is doing any DPS seem to happen way more often on imp side, plus Republic has more healers. Im mainly an Imp player, but Republic tends to have a lower proportion of terrible, bad players/teams it seems.

For Rateds... each faction has 2 or 3 good teams plus its share of weak teams, so id say its kinda even, maybe a bit in favor of imps.
ADRAAJ
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ JuGGERNAUT◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // MAINTAIN ANARCHY

Khalij
03.25.2013 , 05:15 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Z-ToXiN View Post
If you're talking about PUGs... Republic definitely. I have much frustration on imp side with bad PUG teammates than I do on republic, both lowbie and 50s. These insane games were people keep losing nodes or no one else on the team is doing any DPS seem to happen way more often on imp side, plus Republic has more healers. Im mainly an Imp player, but Republic tends to have a lower proportion of terrible, bad players/teams it seems.

For Rateds... each faction has 2 or 3 good teams plus its share of weak teams, so id say its kinda even, maybe a bit in favor of imps.
Thanks for the reply. I've had pretty much the exact same experiences. I don't do rated much at all anymore, so I think I'm going to go Republic.

funkiestj
03.28.2013 , 06:07 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Z-ToXiN View Post
If you're talking about PUGs... Republic definitely. I have much frustration on imp side with bad PUG teammates than I do on republic, ... but Republic tends to have a lower proportion of terrible, bad players/teams it seems.
I was in a WZ where we (imps) planted on the first door 3 times and were disarmed 3 times without ever being wiped by the disarming team. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before. I looked to see if we were playing a strong repub premade but no, it was merely imperial brilliance.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

shammah
03.30.2013 , 03:45 AM | #5
Like adraaj said, imp pugs are FULL of fail. Lose 90% of the time to pubs in regs. Rwz wise -guilds dominate: strictly business, don't panic, gods of the galaxy, crescendo, synergy and last but not least hey I'm mvp

Z-ToXiN
03.30.2013 , 03:03 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
I was in a WZ where we (imps) planted on the first door 3 times and were disarmed 3 times without ever being wiped by the disarming team. I don't think I've ever seen that happen before. I looked to see if we were playing a strong repub premade but no, it was merely imperial brilliance.
The way I see it: you can NEVER get away from the bads.

No matter what server, faction, time of day, there were always be plenty of bads and some goods on your side. While the proportion of each can vary depending on faction/server/time, you will still inevitably get situations where you are just beyond frustration. Just gotta learn to deal with it I guess.
ADRAAJ
◙ASSASSiN ╚╬╝ THE BASTION ╚╬╝ JuGGERNAUT◙
DECEPTiON HYBRID < ♣ > HYBRID SiN TANK
<JAWA BUNNY RANCH> // MAINTAIN ANARCHY

Sathid
04.04.2013 , 09:50 AM | #7
I think it is very balanced as far as Rep/Imp wins,maybe I am just lucky.

Scootypuffs
04.04.2013 , 12:01 PM | #8
Whatever side has more Scootypuff is the best side. I hear he's mad handsome.
Scootypuff - Gunslinger
Scootsmagoots - Sage

Hunids and fiddies

scraycroft
04.04.2013 , 12:12 PM | #9
I've been noticing the quality of Imperial pugs decreasing significantly over the last few weeks. Maybe the influx of new f2p's are all rolling imp?
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

NickDrakeRoad
04.04.2013 , 01:20 PM | #10
Imp side generally speaking has a lot of horrible players, but it is still fun as an op who can go around looking for 1 on 1s.
Daireann - Concealment Op
Eatheito - Balance Shadow