Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sith-Healer: how can that be?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Sith-Healer: how can that be?

spookysage
03.28.2013 , 02:13 PM | #11
Try a cynical take on the cowardly medic trope: Allies are meat shields. Why not have them do all the dirty work while you stand back keeping their corpses from stinking up the room and waiting for the loot to drop? If you could, say, keep a trio of attack droids whaling on your opponents, soaking up the damage and aggro, wouldn't you?

lokdron
03.28.2013 , 03:51 PM | #12
Ahem

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/XoXaan

She is the one who originally created dark side healing and she is one of the original dark jedi who created the sith order.
You have seen it, you have felt it within you as you have traveled with me. The growing anger, the rage, and the power it brings. Yet the power does not build without struggle. Through small cruelties greater ones are born. Kriea/Darth Traya
Dark side eye topic make your voice heard if you want canon movie sith eyes!

Saragundius
03.28.2013 , 04:38 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by TGaP_Andrey View Post
Sith - fierce individualists and selfish. Consequently, it is unlikely that they healed someone on the battlefield, even their allies. As can be justified from the point of view of Lore, pumping Sith Inquisitor as a healer?

Sorry for my very bad English.
Depends what era. Sith have different variations.

Flintfire
03.31.2013 , 06:10 AM | #14
I heal tanks so they can keep being a target instead of me. Why, you ask? I got light armor.
Infyrno Lvl 55 Infyrnus Lvl 54
Leiptr Lvl 55 Venaticus Lvl 44
Krrayt Lvl 55 Evisceran Lvl 55
Sleipe Lvl 55

TalonVII
03.31.2013 , 09:10 AM | #15
I look at it this way. Sith healers, now can exert influence over people they've healed.

I look at it as "I just saved your life, now you owe me, and I will collect. Don't do it, all that healing, i can turn it to a more deadly arty."

How i'd justify it. good sith giveth, good sith taketh away with extreme prejudice.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy
Finished: Trooper, Agent, Knight, Inquizitor

THEFERRARICARGUY
03.31.2013 , 09:20 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by lokdron View Post
Ahem

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/XoXaan

She is the one who originally created dark side healing and she is one of the original dark jedi who created the sith order.
Oh, and If you haven't noticed, the rakata sorcerer mainhand is called "Echo of XoXaan"

jedimasterjac
03.31.2013 , 09:37 AM | #17
If a Sith Juggernaut is strong in combat, the healer can heal the juggernaut to the main goal, achieve the goal, and stab the juggernaut in the back. Personal gain is not stupidity, Sith often work together to achieve an ultimate goal. The issue in this debate is your believe/definition of Sith.
Quote: Originally Posted by Koozebane View Post
This isn't a couple of goobers out for some kicks. This is organized large team warfare by a single guild in a PVE zone.

GARXD
03.31.2013 , 11:36 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by TGaP_Andrey View Post
Sith - fierce individualists and selfish. Consequently, it is unlikely that they healed someone on the battlefield, even their allies. As can be justified from the point of view of Lore, pumping Sith Inquisitor as a healer?

Sorry for my very bad English.
Logically, a selfish person still cares for those of use to him/her. It is a myth/lie that selfish people don't look out for others, even in every-day life.

Aalin
04.01.2013 , 04:22 AM | #19
Passion is one of the strongest emotions for a sith and passion could eventually spring a strange love for someone. I hate all these 2D characters that are evil and that's it.

Zardac_the_Great
04.02.2013 , 11:12 AM | #20
I don't have difficulty seeing Sith healing people they need or people they want to manipulate. I have difficulty seeing Sith becoming dedicated healers, which is what Sorcerors are supposed to do in this game. I just can't see a Sith dedicating all of his training to keeping other people alive.