Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Star Wars Episode VII: Rise of the Sith?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
Star Wars Episode VII: Rise of the Sith?

Duravian
03.26.2013 , 11:30 AM | #31
All of the Legacy Era crap about sith returning makes me wonder just what Anakin did. The prophecy was that he would bring balance to the force, nobody knows what that even means. Balance as in leaving only a Jedi? That doesn't seem balanced. Was it just to rid the Force of it's Dark Side? Then why do Sith keep popping up afterwards? How was being the Chosen One important at all??

JekRendar
03.27.2013 , 02:13 AM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
All of the Legacy Era crap about sith returning makes me wonder just what Anakin did. The prophecy was that he would bring balance to the force, nobody knows what that even means. Balance as in leaving only a Jedi? That doesn't seem balanced. Was it just to rid the Force of it's Dark Side? Then why do Sith keep popping up afterwards? How was being the Chosen One important at all??
Does no one watch movies anymore?

Quote:
Is he not to destroy the Sith and bring balance to the Force?
"Balance" never meant equal. Rather, it's referring to the cosmic "flow" of the galaxy being off-kilter. What's the Force? It's an energy field that binds the galaxy together, right? What's the Dark Side? Fear, Hatred, Anger epitomized into powerful Force users. That's unnatural. Anakin's job is to remove that, which he did.

The problem is that The Prophecy wasn't official until '99, and by that point, the Sith in the EU had been resurrected several times over. This alone is one of the many reasons why the EU is going to be ignored in VII.
Star Wars Galaxies (Starsider): June 27, 2003 - December 15, 2011

Odyseus
03.27.2013 , 09:11 AM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
I always thought bringing balance to the Force meant that when Vader killed Sidious that meant that balance was restored since the Darkside lost the very instrument (Sidious) which tipped the balance of power heavily in their favor. Plus he gave birth to Luke Skywalker who restored the Jedi order, tilting the balance of power away from the darkside.
Odysseus, SWG server Flurry, Commando, TK/Rifleman, Fencer/Combat Medic.

zzoorrzz
03.27.2013 , 09:40 AM | #34
I'd like to see something in ToR style. First of all, drop the rule of two.