Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

How would Darth Maul do in TOR

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > STAR WARS Discussion
How would Darth Maul do in TOR

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.25.2013 , 12:00 PM | #91
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Why do you have to make up absurd excuses for different kind of nonsense that is considered canon?In a franchise like Star Wars ''canon'' doesn't have the same meaning as in for example LotR or Warcraft.

For example if i don't like episode VII i will simply decide that those events never happened in the Star Wars universe,just like that.Something i can't do in Warcraft and Lord of the Rings, or Game of Thrones novels,Diablo universe,Starcraft ,ect.
And your justification for this is..? Last time I checked Star Wars is the only universe with a gosh darn Holocron Continuity Database.

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.25.2013 , 12:05 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
And your justification for this is..? Last time I checked Star Wars is the only universe with a gosh darn Holocron Continuity Database.
What's more, in reality its all one big universe you can't say NO to one thing and YES to another. Take for example, the name Courscant, Aalya Secura, YT-2400s they all started out as C-canon and were moved into G-canon...yet they were still apart of the universe before.

In truth, the EU actually expands and gives more explanations to things that the movies didn't have time to go over. The only time, you can really ignore EU stuff if things were retconned or stuff in S/N canon(or things that make contradictions). You can't really ignore C-canon, because its just expanding on information that is already given.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.25.2013 , 12:33 PM | #93
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
What's more, in reality its all one big universe you can't say NO to one thing and YES to another.
You know what I just say to people.

"It's canon. Don't like it? Deal with it. Whining about it won't change a thing."
Added Chapter 31 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Wolfninjajedi's Avatar


Wolfninjajedi
03.25.2013 , 12:45 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
You know what I just say to people.

"It's canon. Don't like it? Deal with it. Whining about it won't change a thing."
Yes, but it helps to also explain why.
"There is one lesson you've yet to learn. How to become one with the Force!"
―Cin Drallig to Darth Vader

Maucs the Tauntaun King, former SWG player.

Aurbere's Avatar


Aurbere
03.25.2013 , 12:52 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolfninjajedi View Post
Yes, but it helps to also explain why.
I'll let other people (like yourself) do that.
Added Chapter 31 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
03.25.2013 , 07:07 PM | #96
Quote:
And your justification for this is..?
Despite the fact that Lucas Arts have legal authority and the final say concerning anything that is called Star Wars,and during the years have kept a certain level of high quality among SW producs,the franchise is not made up by a single entity or person.For example Tales of the Jedi comics has nothing to do with the movies and George Lucas has very little influence behind all SW ideas except the Skywalker saga(movies) and Bane maybe,as a backstory.
Basically he just created the movies plot and then sat back and enjoyed other people expanding the universe.Which i am not saying with negative intent,but just as argument for not being a big deal if someone decides not to take seriously a chapter of the SW universe.Something no one will ever consider for the Lord the Rings universe for example.

Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
"It's canon. Don't like it? Deal with it. Whining about it won't change a thing."[/COLOR]
i've already dealt with it.
What i find amusing is people that try to excuse and twist around some kind of crappy reasoning to explain some parts of the canon that do no make any sense.And even they know it.But nevertheless are forced to make up rationalisations in order the whole thing to make any sense in their heads, just because ,you know, ''it's canon''. And the whole thing becomes a mess.(I am talking about other stuff,not referring to the Sidious debate from a few pages back,)

I personally am thankful to Lucas for creating the franchise,beyond that, i don't recognise his authority for some stuff,for example i make up my own mind concerning who is more powerful than whom based on theorycrafting and observation of the given character..Specially for anything beyond the movies era.

Beniboybling's Avatar


Beniboybling
03.26.2013 , 01:39 PM | #97
Quote: Originally Posted by Kaedusz View Post
Despite the fact that Lucas Arts have legal authority and the final say concerning anything that is called Star Wars,and during the years have kept a certain level of high quality among SW producs,the franchise is not made up by a single entity or person.For example Tales of the Jedi comics has nothing to do with the movies and George Lucas has very little influence behind all SW ideas except the Skywalker saga(movies) and Bane maybe,as a backstory.
Basically he just created the movies plot and then sat back and enjoyed other people expanding the universe.Which i am not saying with negative intent,but just as argument for not being a big deal if someone decides not to take seriously a chapter of the SW universe.Something no one will ever consider for the Lord the Rings universe for example.
I don't see your reasoning here, IIRC you were attempting to negate that Sidious is 'the most powerful Sith Lord in galactic history' - a character entirely created by George Lucas... so surely he has the right to determine his power? And if your not talking about this, I'd be interested to here what else you reject as canon. I think you'll find that anything classed as G-Canon tends to be a George Lucas creation, if your gripe is with other modes of canon then your gripe is with those authors, not Lucas, and as such the same point applies, they have a right - as the creators - to determine the facts concerning their characters. A right you do not possess.
Quote:
i've already dealt with it.
What i find amusing is people that try to excuse and twist around some kind of crappy reasoning to explain some parts of the canon that do no make any sense.And even they know it.But nevertheless are forced to make up rationalisations in order the whole thing to make any sense in their heads, just because ,you know, ''it's canon''. And the whole thing becomes a mess.(I am talking about other stuff,not referring to the Sidious debate from a few pages back,)

I personally am thankful to Lucas for creating the franchise,beyond that, i don't recognise his authority for some stuff,for example i make up my own mind concerning who is more powerful than whom based on theorycrafting and observation of the given character..Specially for anything beyond the movies era.
What you've failed to deal with is that not everyone agrees with your point of view, instead you aggressively intrude of forums such as this and attempt to enforce your opinion on everyone else - an opinion which I am afraid is not widely shared. We entered into this discussion accepting canon, and unless the OP states otherwise we'd respect it if you did too.

Kaedusz's Avatar


Kaedusz
03.27.2013 , 05:17 AM | #98
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
What you've failed to deal with is that not everyone agrees with your point of view, instead you aggressively intrude of forums such as this and attempt to enforce your opinion on everyone else
What?That's the last thing i would do.Besides my pov is not that different anyway,except 1,2 opinions about the movies.