Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Best of Star Wars Acting

Aurbere
03.26.2013 , 09:03 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by TheBBP View Post
The thread is about the best of Star Wars acting. Christopher Lee is without a doubt a great actor. However, (and this is just my opinion) in the Star Wars Saga, he literally sounded like he didn't even know where he was. Blame it on the blue/green screen sets or what not, but IMHO he was not good in Star Wars.
I thought Sir Christopher Lee did just fine. He did much better than most actors in the Prequels.

On a side note, I don't care too much for TCW's Count Dooku. I don't get the same vibe from him as Sir Christopher Lee. Not that anyone could actually replicate Sir Christopher Lee, but TCW Dooku doesn't feel like Dooku to me.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"My ultimate goal is the secret of life-that life that gives us consciousness, for without consciousness each of us is nothing. Through science, i will create new life and sustain my own. There is no reason Darth Plagueis could not live forever."

Ventessel
03.26.2013 , 09:48 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
I thought Sir Christopher Lee did just fine. He did much better than most actors in the Prequels.

On a side note, I don't care too much for TCW's Count Dooku. I don't get the same vibe from him as Sir Christopher Lee. Not that anyone could actually replicate Sir Christopher Lee, but TCW Dooku doesn't feel like Dooku to me.
Probably one of my biggest pet peeves with the series is that Obi-Wan feels spot on but Dooku is way off. Nowhere near the quality of Sir Lee, even given his limited screen time and role.
The Heir to ChaosAdded Chapter Sixteen-- 17 APR 2013
“People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.” ~ George Orwell

Kurokage
03.26.2013 , 10:31 PM | #23
Voice Actors

1. Jennifer Hale - I can't help it. She's my favorite voice actress. She is why I play a femShep in every Mass Effect game. She's really good as Bastila and Satele Shan, as well as the female trooper in SWTOR. Also, bonus fact: she voices Senator Riyo Chuchi, Aayla Secura, and Lolo Purs (the Rodian woman from "Senate Murders") in The Clone Wars.

2. James Earl Jones - Darth frickin' Vader. Nothing else needs to be said.

3. Dee Bradley Baker - He voices every clone in The Clone Wars. EVERY clone. They all have the same voice, and yet he somehow manages to differentiate them really well.

This was kind of tough, because the VA's of The Clone Wars are all pretty awesome. Personally, I can't imagine Anakin as anybody but Matt Lanter any more, and Tom Kane somehow manages to pull off voicing both Yoda and Admiral Yularen.

As for actors:

1. Liam Neeson - For no other reason than because he's Liam Neeson.

2. Ian McDiarmid - He was great as the Emperor in the original trilogy, and he pulled off Palpatine really well in the prequels. He was pretty awful during the Yoda fight in Episode III (to the point where the whole fight felt comical), but even the other good actors were pretty bad in that movie, so it's excusable since he actually did a really good job up until that point. I'd actually thought someone else was playing Palpatine at first, since they did such a good job of making him seem younger than his original trilogy counterpart.

3. Alec Guinness - He really had that "wise old man" vibe while playing Obi-Wan.
HARBINGER
Trisana - 55 Sorcerer | Alyanne - 29 Operative