Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Same gender romance discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Same gender romance discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DarkTrooperV
03.26.2013 , 12:08 PM | #521
Quote: Originally Posted by FuryoftheStars View Post
I highly doubt it is F/F for Rep and M/M for Emp only. It's probably only what the reviewer found and thus reported on.
From the comments section:

Quote:
dulfy Mod Shay 2 hours ago

I can confirm no female/female for empire but I havn't played a male republic toon to confirm/deny male/male stuff in republic. I am guessing no though.
The Joker: They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

Kioma
03.26.2013 , 12:15 PM | #522
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeca_Cutrer View Post
Whoa whoa whoa whoa...

I'd like to see more thorough implementation of SGR too, but SCREWING THE LGBT COMMUNITY?!

Let's be very clear: BioWare doesn't owe you anything.

This is the same attitude of entitlement that gamers have shown about EVERY issue.
Whether BW:A owes the LGBT community anything or not is one thing but throwing the word 'entitlement' around does nothing to further your point of view. Wanting equality is not the same thing as having a misplaced sense of entitlement.
::Please Stand By, Signature Assessment Probe Commencing Analysis::

Jenzali
03.26.2013 , 12:19 PM | #523
I don't see it as a problem.

1. They're adding SGR where it makes sense for the story, rather than just to have a "token gay" on each faction. I would very much prefer a high quality, convincing story rather than several low-quality ones that are clearly there just because the fans complained enough for it.
2. ME1 had only F/F.
3. The fact that it exists right now means there will most likely be future SGR.
4. It encourages players to play both factions.
Dashto Vant - Arsenal Mercenary - The most dashing bounty hunter in the galaxy.

FuryoftheStars
03.26.2013 , 12:22 PM | #524
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkTrooperV View Post
From the comments section:
And did the reviewer play every possible angle/combination?

DarkTrooperV
03.26.2013 , 12:28 PM | #525
Duffy was in Closed Beta for ROTHC. Which I am very much making the educated guess that yes, he/she may have. As Duffy stated, he/she confiirmed it. But you can ask.
The Joker: They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these... these civilized people, they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.

Tatile
03.26.2013 , 12:32 PM | #526
Though I would like to doubt the Bioware have limited our same-gender interactions in this manner, but Dulfy is very, very good at what she does.

If anyone can provide clarification from her that would be great and I'll see what I can find out in early access. While I don't have level Pub alts myself, many of my guildies do and I'll be sure to ask them - if they have early access - for reports.

Edit: I've also PM'd Mr. Musco, just to make sure he knows our concerns in case the team aren't reading this thread.

Jeca_Cutrer
03.26.2013 , 12:40 PM | #527
Quote: Originally Posted by Kioma View Post
Wanting equality is not the same thing as having a misplaced sense of entitlement.
In this case, it very much is.

Again, I understand wanting more than this, but saying you were "SCREWED" implies you were somehow betrayed, and you can't be betrayed if you aren't owed anything.
Ebon Hawk - RP-PVE
Cutoli - 50 Narl - 50 Sall - 21 Kakk - 20

Erriq - 50 Barrenus - 36 Tul'kur'sabosen - 25

Connorsan
03.26.2013 , 01:17 PM | #528
Question why do you people continue to debate on it? This has got to be one of the biggest threads out on this place, besides it's up in the expansion.
All I must say is May the Force Be with you

"All shall know my name and fear it: Mylokii

Tatile
03.26.2013 , 01:23 PM | #529
Quote: Originally Posted by Connorsan View Post
Question why do you people continue to debate on it? This has got to be one of the biggest threads out on this place, besides it's up in the expansion.
Because we discuss companion romance which are not in the expansion and how those might be implemented and with whom. We also have discussed non-binary gender representation and the general attitude to the LGBT community represented in this game (cissexist, heterocentric, if you'd like to know) as well as covering on the topic of biological "destiny" in female-character opposite-gender romances (that they all end with the assumption that babies are inescapable.)

We are not debating the introduction of SGR's, but rather the implementation of SGRA's with companions or non-companion NPCs (this being based on the assumption that all of the Makeb interactions will be one-off [flirt]s or one night stands, as Mr. Gonzalez stated in the previous incarnation of this thread.)

Of course you would know all of that if you'd done more than just post your displeasure at our continued existence.

EricMusco
03.26.2013 , 02:15 PM | #530 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Tatile View Post
Though I would like to doubt the Bioware have limited our same-gender interactions in this manner, but Dulfy is very, very good at what she does.

If anyone can provide clarification from her that would be great and I'll see what I can find out in early access. While I don't have level Pub alts myself, many of my guildies do and I'll be sure to ask them - if they have early access - for reports.

Edit: I've also PM'd Mr. Musco, just to make sure he knows our concerns in case the team aren't reading this thread.
I want to confirm that what Dulfy stated is correct. I do want to assure you though that with any future SGRA releases it will be our goal to keep things more balanced across faction and gender.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]