Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sniper's role in Huttball?

BaineOs
03.08.2013 , 04:58 PM | #31
what can a sniper do in huttball that doesn't involve killing people....easy....use our cc advantages you don't have to kill people even in lvl 50 normal wzs to be effective in huttball even if your a sniper
Es'carli D'Lakutos (Active) - Baine Os Juros (Active)
Engineering spec

Svii
03.08.2013 , 07:48 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by BaineOs View Post
what can a sniper do in huttball that doesn't involve killing people....easy....use our cc advantages you don't have to kill people even in lvl 50 normal wzs to be effective in huttball even if your a sniper
Sums it up!

Be annoying, not limited to huttball.

WaldoA
03.09.2013 , 10:09 AM | #33
I like to spec Marksman in Huttball and just patrol the ramps when we have ball. The two knockbacks, 2 stuns and root are great for controlling the ramps and allowing team mates to run through. Also, Snipers may well be good for Huttball ball carrying in 2.0. Apparently the roll ability lets you roll through fire. Also with engineer spec you get a bit more tanky.

NoTomorrow
03.18.2013 , 02:48 AM | #34
Engineering sniper can roll twice thanks to EMP. This is quite an interesting change of original metagame. I guess if we are on the top catwalks enemy side, we can make it to their goal line with some luck.

MM has the ability to run without being rooted or snared after entrench, this is again an interesting change from 1.7 which again means we might be just able to bring the ball the to goal line opportunistically.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.

DroidDreamer
03.18.2013 , 11:50 AM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by NoTomorrow View Post
Engineering sniper can roll twice thanks to EMP. This is quite an interesting change of original metagame. I guess if we are on the top catwalks enemy side, we can make it to their goal line with some luck.

MM has the ability to run without being rooted or snared after entrench, this is again an interesting change from 1.7 which again means we might be just able to bring the ball the to goal line opportunistically.
The 18 meter roll-forward move (cc immune, I believe), MM's 50 movement speed buff (also cc immune with talents, I believe) after Entrench, the MM talent that gives a free Entrench after roll-forward which grants the speed buff again and the Engies' extra roll-forward after EMP are all great tools for mobility in Huttball. But we will still be a very squishy class and are best suited for camping mid in Huttball. As, NoTomorrow notes, our Huttball scores will be scores of opportunity: if no one else is around to get the ball, if we're up high and get a pass, etc, these tools will help us play the position game. And certainly there are games where NO ONE is going for the ball. But for the most part, we should still be camping mid.
The DroidDreamer Legacy (Pot5 Server)
Eblen 50 Sorc heals | Sodan 50 Sniper | Trilliant 37 Immortal Jugg | Somnis 50 TankSin
They mark me with the lightning bolt in Huttball.

funkiestj
03.26.2013 , 11:58 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Psychedelicvomit View Post
Problem is that in pugs you see one group of teammates just fighting enemies on one side of the map while the ball carriers (whether enemy or friendly) in another area running to try to score. That leaves you with the un-ideal job of trying to run with the ball carrier, peel off them, etc. And we're not exactly very mobile.....lol.

Sometimes when it comes to that and the pug team doesn't bother about objectives in huttball, I just think 'what the heck' I'll just go for my damage and kills medals myself, rather than try to do the melee's job of running around. But the dilemma is that thinking logically I should still try to peel of ball carriers.
I don't know anything about sniper (yet) but as a general rule, spending time trying to figure out the optimal way to compensate for terrible play by PUG teammates is an ineffective waste of time. If you ever want to move to rateds, the time spent learning how to compensate for bads will, at best, be a waste. At worst, you will develop habits that hold you back when grouped with goods.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

WaldoA
03.26.2013 , 12:00 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
I don't know anything about sniper (yet)
Please don't tell me you're another one rolling Sniper just because they are apparently overpowered?

funkiestj
03.26.2013 , 12:14 PM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by WaldoA View Post
Please don't tell me you're another one rolling Sniper just because they are apparently overpowered?
I am not. I think I created him back in October or so. I have yet to play all the advanced classes, much less in PvP. I also have not yet played any of the following to level 50.
  • sentinel / marauder
  • scoundrel / operative
  • vanguard / powertech

I have a 50 sage and mercenary but these don't / won't see much PvP action until server transfers come. Any player aspiring to get better at PvP should have a level 50 of each advanced class and play it some, right?

About the only PvP toon I play half way decently is my guardian tank (Fitzwilliam). I've been playing my shadow in 50 WZ for a little while but I'm still pretty awful at playing it. Of course I'm even worse at sniper.

My criteria for which advanced class to learn next is "which has annoyed me the most in warzone recently"?

While I'm still a terrible player on my shadow, I feel I know it well enough that I play against it better now. I have no such feel for sniper.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

CharlieBrown
03.27.2013 , 04:27 PM | #39
Quote: Originally Posted by funkiestj View Post
Any player aspiring to get better at PvP should have a level 50 of each advanced class and play it some, right?
A million times this. It makes you a better player to be intimately familiar with every AC in PVP.
Fiera × MainAssassin Tank
<E> Guild × Prophecy of the Five

Luckeyduckey
03.28.2013 , 10:29 AM | #40
Just because we're a dps focused class doesn't mean all we should do is Dps. Snipers are the most valuable defenders.
Expløit
Ønslaught
Eradicate