Petition to Name and Shame PVP Hackers

Icykill_

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the year and a half history of this game, there as been ONE known confirmed hacker.

Naw, more than that. Just one guy though that had loads of threads dedicated to him individually.

This idea sounds fun. Let's have a pillory too. Lock their toons in stocks on fleet and we can have a bantha poo throwing minigame. Winners get their stuff.

Naw, more than that. Just one guy though that had loads of threads dedicated to him individually.

This idea sounds fun. Let's have a pillory too. Lock their toons in stocks on fleet and we can have a bantha poo throwing minigame. Winners get their stuff.

I love the poo throwing minigame idea... brilliant

This reminds me of a time when one of the big botting programs on FFXI websites was hacked and every player that bought access to use this bot was released on one of the websites there were so many names on this database so many elite link shells completely lost face that day but boy was it amazing to see all those douche bags outed!!

This reminds me of a time when one of the big botting programs on FFXI websites was hacked and every player that bought access to use this bot was released on one of the websites there were so many names on this database so many elite link shells completely lost face that day but boy was it amazing to see all those douche bags outed!!

that would be funny, but there would have to be a link between the two different accounts so you could tell who they were in game. Would be funny if someone did the same thing here.

As much as I love me some good schadenfreude I'd rather have BW maintain a list of known ban-able hacks and exploits. Also, make an easier way to report suspected hacking. I do like the idea of a confirmed hacker being branded in some way though. Like a neon sign that floats above their head that says "Hacker!", but it never goes away and is always visible by other players.

Punkbuster already does this for the many online games. When you get caught your account is banned and all the characters you logged on with and hacked are put on this list. It's a great list IMO. People who put the time in leveling characters with hacks are punished hard! I believe that if your caught you should not be given a second chance. But i will suggest that they are able to buy the game and start over. Nobody should be able to hack and gain experience gear and be let back to play with non cheaters.

Hackers stick together and it's important to acknowledge a hacking guild! They exist in this game believe me they do. I left guild over it and report them.

I've seen hacking at an all time high in this game in the last 3-4 weeks, why? its because the hackers are promoting there websites as detection free! Also giving discounts on their hack packets. The coding in these games are not that difficult to manipulate and gain the upper hand. There are so many hack sites for this game it's disgusting.

If your defending hackers your probably hacking, if you don't agree with most of us people who are against hacking you have to be hacking.

The game is losing it's integrity and i know that this next patch with totally screw up the coding for hack programs. It will only be days once they figure out the coding and put their new work for sale!

Ban all hackers, make them buy the game again. You can't allow someone to benefit from hacking and continue to play with honest players. Suspensions are useless and as a consumer of your game i am offended that you even consider suspensions. Protect your game or we will move to the next game.

So many games has been DESTROYED by hacks i'd like to see BW step up and do it's customers right! Make an anti cheat list, anti cheat team because the hackers are so laughing at this game and the amount they are making off of YOU!

As much as I love me some good schadenfreude I'd rather have BW maintain a list of known ban-able hacks and exploits. Also, make an easier way to report suspected hacking.

I have been asking BIO for this... especially an easier way to report... I have noticed they have recently taken out "report player" from the options

I do like the idea of a confirmed hacker being branded in some way though. Like a neon sign that floats above their head that says "Hacker!", but it never goes away and is always visible by other players.

I like the floating hacker symbol idea... LMAO

I'd rather they hire someone to randomly join warzones and perma-ban anyone they catch going afk, giving up and sitting at one node all game in Alderaan, etc.

With the amount of revenue an MMO brings, it's quite a shame that pretty much every MMO in existence doesn't spend any real money to actually police its community.

Sure, your total players will drop, possibly drastically, but (especially when your game is F2P), I imagine the potential upsides of having a "good" community through draconian enforcement would pay for itself in the employees you'd employ to act as those enforcers several times over.

There was a player that...well...go to youtube and look-up "Chiseler SWTOR" or some such. Make the determination for yourself.

The player that you view did what they did in beta and when the game went live. MANY people were banned for putting his name up on these forums. The player, never was. He actually made a post that named the packetsniffer that he used and mocked the forum moderators. He stopped playing a while back, but was never banned.

BIOWARE does NOT care if people hack. They DO care if it becomes openly known that they don't do anything about hacking. It's about perception. They don't care. Even if you email customer service with video and all the information on hacks (teleports, Z-axis exploits, speed hacks, damage, etc..). You will get a nasty-gram if you submit such an email threatening you with a forum or game ban.

BW does NOT care about hackers.

There was a player that...well...go to youtube and look-up "Chiseler SWTOR" or some such. Make the determination for yourself.

The player that you view did what they did in beta and when the game went live. MANY people were banned for putting his name up on these forums. The player, never was. He actually made a post that named the packetsniffer that he used and mocked the forum moderators. He stopped playing a while back, but was never banned.

BIOWARE does NOT care if people hack. They DO care if it becomes openly known that they don't do anything about hacking. It's about perception. They don't care. Even if you email customer service with video and all the information on hacks (teleports, Z-axis exploits, speed hacks, damage, etc..). You will get a nasty-gram if you submit such an email threatening you with a forum or game ban.

BW does NOT care about hackers.

I really doubt a CSR respond in such a way. Screenshots or it didn't happen.

I really doubt a CSR respond in such a way. Screenshots or it didn't happen.

Look up the history of Gingers, the hacker.

Bioware claimed to have "noticed" his exploits immediately, yet they let the little ****tard hack and ruin every game he was in for nearly 2 months without banning his ***!

Bioware actually doesn't seem to give crap.

I was accused of hacking tonight.

Apparently I was using a "stealth hack".

It wasn't that the 7 50's hunting me down had never heard of Sneak before. Or that you can use rocket boots in stealth. No no. It was because I hacked.

I'm against naming and shaming explicitly because of crap like this. I was accused of speed hacking in Void Star just last week. Because the moron's ON MY OWN TEAM didn't know there was a speed boost before the 2nd door.

If it's legit: Record it (if you can), report it and let BioWare sort it out.

There's WAAAAAAAY too many people out there unfamiliar with other classes and how to play those other classes to start taking every "hacking name and shame" thread seriously.

1000x this

We have all seen that 1 guy calling out the sents/marauders for stealth hacking - pretty funny at first, but exactly the reason that the "wall of shame" isn't allowed

• 2 months later...
For someone to be included in such group, irrefutable evidence would have to be presented. And as bioware is against naming hackers because that would require action to be taken and likely lead to BW losing money on that player's subscription and perhaps his friends' subs as well. So it's a nice thought but I don't see anything to prevent or punish hacks being implemented ever, at least until they make up for the $200mill they spent developping the game :D

Like the lv 39 Jugg hitting 7k with Smash 1v4ing our team in lowbies who literally got 3 kills in a 3v4 without even a +41 crystal.

A lvl 10 slinger can get a 7k aimed shot without crystals, and 3 kills in a three v four, that's easy he just has to damage three people and then if they die he gets the kills. Or do you mean struck killing blows?