Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Snap Shot not proc'ing?

Danylia
03.14.2013 , 03:00 AM | #11
I'll confirm some things which were already said:
- Only happens to me when I roll in to a 'green' pre-generated position and never when I crouch in place
- It seems to me to happen when I first start combat
- I usually make sure that I do not roll into pregenerated cover as it only has a chance to not proc there

And I will also add one observation which contradicts with one said thing:
- it happens when rolling in to cover thats not very far away (< 2m)
In my experience, the reverse is true - the farther the green pre-generated position, the higher chance (I would even say certainty) that the Snap Shot will not proceed.

Try it and watch your buffs. The Snap Shot icon will actually appear when you start rolling, but it disappears a moment later while the rolling animation is still processing/ before you land in cover. When the distance between your position and the pre-generated cover is short, the rolling animation is short too and hence the Snap Shot icon/buff stays.

My personal opinion: Snap Shot triggers immediately as you start rolling, but since it only works while you are in cover, and you actually aren't there (yet) while rolling to it, it almost-instantly disappears again.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
Last nights group finder was a mess. The short version is that two of the people were really bad but the tank was pretty good. After we called it I asked the tank if he wanted to queue up with me. He said "I'm eleven and I have to go to bed".
The one guy who knew what he was doing was eleven years old.

Jayshames
03.14.2013 , 03:50 PM | #12
This only seems to happen to me when I roll into cover, though I often don't use that mechanic. I've only bound crouch. Rolling into cover is a pain when you lend up rolling into the enemy or something.

Slurmez
03.21.2013 , 09:56 PM | #13
if you just go into cover in place as opposed to rolling you get the proc 100% (6 second cooldown still applies), rolling seems buggy if you dont get the cover mark, I would suspect a change in original idea and terribad code.

MasterofChaos
04.15.2013 , 01:37 AM | #14
This bug still exists. When I roll to green man spot for cover, snap shot won't proc. Bioware please fix!
"Every single Jedi is now an enemy of the Republic. Do what must be done. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy."

islander
04.15.2013 , 10:05 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterofChaos View Post
This bug still exists. When I roll to green man spot for cover, snap shot won't proc. Bioware please fix!
I just stopped using roll into cover some time back. It's got advantages, but it's also problematic when you are forced into a location you don't intend. I dunno. I like the new skill because you roll where you intend.
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

Pavor_Nocturnus
09.28.2013 , 10:22 PM | #16
Bumping to note that this bug still exists.

Better than half the time I roll into a green outlined cover spot, Snap Shot does not properly trigger. The icon shows up while I'm rolling and then disappears when I actually stop in cover. This seems to happen a lot more with long rolls than short ones.

My best guess as to why - longer rolls seem to trigger the "cover" condition when they start, and then again when they end (cover, roll, cover), where shorter ones simply roll and cover.