Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Companion question (spoilers)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Companion question (spoilers)

nateslice
03.15.2013 , 06:34 PM | #1
I have a level 24 Sentinel who just finished Nar Shaddaa, and then went through a little interlude where I was forced to bring Kira. I seem to remember this happening on the previous planet, too (or maybe it was the one before that).

Anyway, my question is, is this something I can expect to continue? Will it continue to be necessary to use Kira from time to time? I ask because, if this is the case, then I think I'd be better off using her as my full-time companion. Easier to keep her gear up to date that way, and the extra Affection wouldn't hurt, either.

I'd be a little sad to lose my tanking droid, but I can make the adjustment if need be.
Star Wars goodness from Richard Cheese:
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

Ryat
03.15.2013 , 11:27 PM | #2
Keep the tanking Droid.
Enough said.

nateslice
03.16.2013 , 10:21 AM | #3
So, I won't still have to use Kira at certain points? For story purposes? Am I all done with that, then?

Cool, thanks!
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

Ryat
03.16.2013 , 06:09 PM | #4
From memory I don't think so. Unless you do her companion missions.
Spoiler

nateslice
03.16.2013 , 07:28 PM | #5
Thanks again! That's good to know.
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March

RCoombs
03.21.2013 , 12:01 PM | #6
You definitely have to have her in the party later on in Act I story.

ekimmak
03.21.2013 , 04:30 PM | #7
You're forced to use Kira at certain points, but after you finish act 2, I'd recommend sticking to the droid. Any further discussion will dip into spoiler territory.
Best way to end Smuggler Act 1 is
Spoiler

You can't make up stuff like that.

JamieKirby
03.21.2013 , 07:05 PM | #8
One of the bad things about this companion system, i am thinking they need to make the companions' gear and equipment level up automatically or match your gear, where if you are using T7, your strength would be aim to him and so on....that way, no more needing from playing in flashpoints for their companions and stuff like that.

That way, keeping you in top notch gear makes all your companions just as good geared, i am sure players will say no to this, though 99% of them will likely be crafters that profit so much with the insane prices that crafters set for their items.

Philmors
03.26.2013 , 07:39 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post
One of the bad things about this companion system, i am thinking they need to make the companions' gear and equipment level up automatically or match your gear, where if you are using T7, your strength would be aim to him and so on....that way, no more needing from playing in flashpoints for their companions and stuff like that.

That way, keeping you in top notch gear makes all your companions just as good geared, i am sure players will say no to this, though 99% of them will likely be crafters that profit so much with the insane prices that crafters set for their items.
Yeah, the trooper has the best companions that way because all of your companions use aim actually so gearing them up is easier since you can just give your companions your older gear and mods as you get newer ones. It makes things much easier.

Shame the other classes don't have anything like that for all of their companions.

Quote: Originally Posted by JamieKirby View Post

I think if they made it so they can use both their regular primary stat and your primary stat to increase their damage/healing it would be good. It would help a lot in gearing up your companions.

Philmors
03.26.2013 , 08:02 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by ekimmak View Post
You're forced to use Kira at certain points, but after you finish act 2, I'd recommend sticking to the droid. Any further discussion will dip into spoiler territory.
You can get gear for him to use in a bonus mission on the last mission so you don't have to really worry about keeping him geared for that specific moment.

Mostly, I see other JK's using either Kira or Doc most of the time. Occasionally, I see Scourge used but the droid and Rusk aren't really used.