Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Set Bonus, negligible or not!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sith Inquisitor
Set Bonus, negligible or not!

Paltan
03.15.2013 , 05:56 AM | #1
Hi guys, I would like to know your opinion about the set Bonus for level 50 gear. I will hit 50 today on my inquisitor and I already have a warrior lvl 50, I was looking at the bonus on every set and I find them negligible, I build over the level a very cool look for my inquisitor and my intention is just to take all the modification in the set to place in my armor since I found the set bonus are negligible, That's what did on my warrior!

Anyway what do you think of it! I found that some of those set out there are just totally ugly!
Imagination is limitless! Death smiles at everyone, Sith smile back!
If you see my Inquisitor and you just want to punch him in the face for his arrogance, good, I feel the same way!

Sith Marauder 50, Sith Assassin 55

Never_Hesitate
03.15.2013 , 08:06 AM | #2
*cough* 50 force *cough*
The bonuses are far from negligible, but as soon as you hit T4 you can freely move the armorings and take the set bonus with it
T3-M4 - Lvl 55 Chars:
T'hana Jugg, Saleona Sniper, S'inthoras Mara,Hannahla Merc, Eleondra&Eleondraa Ops,
Leeonira Sorc, CaphalÝr Sorc, Kindarya Assa, LeoniŽ PT,
Revuna Mando, Leojuna Scoundrel, Simon'e Shadow, Sileona Guardian

Paltan
03.15.2013 , 08:20 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Never_Hesitate View Post
*cough* 50 force *cough*
The bonuses are far from negligible, but as soon as you hit T4 you can freely move the armorings and take the set bonus with it
You talked from set to set or mving into any pieces of armor?
If you see my Inquisitor and you just want to punch him in the face for his arrogance, good, I feel the same way!

Mookind
03.15.2013 , 08:27 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Paltan View Post
Hi guys, I would like to know your opinion about the set Bonus for level 50 gear. I will hit 50 today on my inquisitor and I already have a warrior lvl 50, I was looking at the bonus on every set and I find them negligible, I build over the level a very cool look for my inquisitor and my intention is just to take all the modification in the set to place in my armor since I found the set bonus are negligible, That's what did on my warrior!

Anyway what do you think of it! I found that some of those set out there are just totally ugly!
Set bonuses are not negligible at all

I will say that some are useless, I don't know if you are healing, dps, tanking or even sin or sorc so hard to say what you should take.

Edit - Oh 48 sin on your sig, well for pvp stalkers bonus is amazing, pve depends on tank or deeps some on with more info will chime in. They definately matter, unfortunately you can no longer get PVP shells with bonuses

Paltan
03.15.2013 , 08:36 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Mookind View Post
Set bonuses are not negligible at all

I will say that some are useless, I don't know if you are healing, dps, tanking or even sin or sorc so hard to say what you should take.

Edit - Oh 48 sin on your sig, well for pvp stalkers bonus is amazing, pve depends on tank or deeps some on with more info will chime in. They definately matter, unfortunately you can no longer get PVP shells with bonuses
I tank with my assassin, I hit 49 last night and will be 50 tonight so yes I built him as a tank.

Eternalnight
03.15.2013 , 09:32 AM | #6
Seriously, why even ask?

For assassin tank the set bonus is absolutely a must have and they are the class/spec for which it is by far the most important to have a set bonus.

If I was leading an operation and I saw an assassin tank without set bonus, I would kick him out of the group immediately without hesitation, no matter how good the rest of his gear was.

Having or not having set bonus can make 3 times bigger difference than the difference between different gear tiers.

Paltan
03.15.2013 , 09:45 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Eternalnight View Post
Seriously, why even ask?

For assassin tank the set bonus is absolutely a must have and they are the class/spec for which it is by far the most important to have a set bonus.

If I was leading an operation and I saw an assassin tank without set bonus, I would kick him out of the group immediately without hesitation, no matter how good the rest of his gear was.

Having or not having set bonus can make 3 times bigger difference than the difference between different gear tiers.
That's why I asked I want to know peoples opinion on it! I will have my second level 50 and I did not do operational yet so I inform myself to make sure I make the right choices!

ellenbec
03.20.2013 , 01:22 PM | #8
The Sin tanking set bonuses are actually some of the best, IMO followed by/just behind the PT tanking set bonuses. Definitely pick up the 4 pieces and use them until you are able to get enough BH comms to pick up the campaign armorings to put them into moddable gear.
Khuri-PT Operations Lead Covenant Shadows - The Ebon Hawk (US East) Armory Link

Gault: "I'd like to take this moment to remind you that you are not, in fact, a hovertank - no matter how much you dress like one."

cycao
03.21.2013 , 06:21 AM | #9
I have 3 set bonuses that I use often. I would say we have the most options in the game.

Paltan
03.21.2013 , 08:23 AM | #10
I started to use at least one set bonus so far which is the first one from the tionese set, I start to see the importance of it and I'm working to get better gear to put in my adaptive, I do still think that the designing team should be so fired to put such horrible gear in the game lol!
Thanks for your input guys, greatly appreciated.